INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New videos not appearing in list  (Read 901 times)

exponent

• Recent member
New videos not appearing in list
« on: June 16, 2019, 09:37:13 pm »

I have a  directory f:\transfer. JRiver displays the contents and I can play the video files BUT when I add new files they dont appear in the list. If I go and open the file(s) in question into JRiver manually they play fine. I have tried sorting on name, date etc. The file(s) just wont appear in the list. I have tried F5 and refresh but it doesnt help. It makes no difference what type of file it is - I have tried mkv, avi, mp4 all with no luck. This is a licensed version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New videos not appearing in list
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »

Tools > Options > Imort.  Set up auto import.

exponent

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 04:56:38 pm »

Auto import was enabled and after a couple of days the files suddenly appeared but I have again run into the problem, this time with audio files and have posted in another thread. For whatever reason the library either doesnt get updated or it is sporadic.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 07:00:24 pm »

This is an ongoing known issue with MC. Add files to a folder that MC auto import is supposed to be watching and they can show up right away, or maybe 24 hrs later, or not at all... until you force an auto import. It's been brought up before around here, there's never been any good reason or solution. Doesn't matter if you have disabled antivirus, or use NAS, or use local drives, blah blah blah... But there are a few work-a-rounds:

-I've set up a button that triggers auto import button in the main roller of theater view on the server, all I have to do is highlight with my remote, press enter/ok, and it triggers MC auto import. Easy to do with remote after bulk adding files.

or

-set up a MCWS desktop shortcut, I've got one on my laptop that triggers auto import on the Server. http://192.168.1.xyz:52199/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=23020
Very easy to do from any machine on the network immediately after bulk adding files.

or

-set up a scheduled task in Windows Task Manager on the Server to trigger MC auto import at your desired interval, like every night at midnight or something.

There may be other ideas out there...
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 09:57:55 pm »

I covered a bunch of Auto Import issues over in your other thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121292.msg838604.html#msg838604

As you are seeing audio files not being imported, the issues covered in that thread are probably the issues here.

If I go and open the file(s) in question into JRiver manually they play fine.

How are you doing that, via Windows Explorer?

Because if you are going into, for example, the View "Video > Files" to find the files and play them, then the files are already imported into MC. Only imported files show in that View.

If the same files don't show up in the View "Video > Movies" or "Video > Shows", then it will be because the [Media Type] and/or [Media Sub Type] fields are wrong for the files, so they are not being included in the View.

If the files show in the "Video > Files" View, select one, open the tag window, and check those tags/fields. Fix them, as appropriate. You are new to MC, so search the Wiki for the terms [Media Type] and/or [Media Sub Type], follow some links, learn how MC uses tags/fields, Views/Smartlists/Playlists, the Expression and Search languages. Have a look through this area: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone

Another tool you can use to check if files have, in fact, been imported even though you can't find them is the Explorer inside MC. No, this is not Windows Explorer, and works very differently, though it will be familiar.

In the Navigation Pane on the left of MC, select "Drives & Devices > Explorer" then make sure the two check boxes at the top are selected, "Show files in subfolders" and "Show only files in Library". Then drill down into your "F:\Transfer" directory, and see what is shown in there. If you can see the "missing" files, they aren't missing, and MC has already imported them. If you can't see the missing files, untick the "Show only files in Library" checkbox. Do they now appear? If so, then the files are visible to MC, but have not been imported. Run Auto Import manually and they should appear in the Library. Check tags if necessary.

MC has a bit of a learning curve. You have started up that curve. Keep going. Read more. Use search in the forum and Wiki. Try the custom Google search at https://www.jriver.com/support.html if you need better search capabilities.

The file(s) just wont appear in the list.

I have sort of covered it above, but which list are you looking in?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up