INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renaming files  (Read 394 times)

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My only friend is a goat.
Renaming files
« on: June 21, 2019, 03:12:33 pm »

Is there a way, when renaming/moving files, to get the additional files to be renamed, too?

For example, let's say I have a file called "super.donkey.kong.the.move(2019).mkv" and I have put this file into my dedicated "import" directory.  (I have a directory that serves as an inbox for MC.)

I run Get Movie and TV Info on it and I get a sidecar file and an image.  These will be called super.donkey.kong.the.move(2019)_mkv_JRSidecar.xml and super.donkey.kong.the.move(2019).jpg.

Now, I run the rename/move function with my custom naming scheme which will file the movie in the correct place on my NAS.  It moves the xml and jpg files, too, and creates a new dir for the movie.  What I end up with is this...

Super Donkey Kong (2019)\Super Donkey Kong.mkv
Super Donkey Kong (2019)\super.donkey.kong.the.move(2019)_mkv_JRSidecar.xml
Super Donkey Kong (2019)\super.donkey.kong.the.move(2019).jpg

Is there any way to get these files to be renamed as well, aside from manually naming every file?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott

I finally stopped drinking for good.
Now I drink for Evil.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Renaming files
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:44:10 pm »

I think this is a bug.

I have reported earlier similar renaming bug where non library files don't get renamed when using RMC tool. If drag and drop files again from their new locastion and do another renaming then it works. I suspect that root case is same as this what you wondered
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120733.msg835273.html#msg835273
Pages: [1]   Go Up