INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.68 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 2106 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 25.0.68 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: June 26, 2019, 07:33:55 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250068.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250068-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

25.0.68 (6/25/2019)

1. Fixed: Pressing Shift+Delete in Playing Now would crash.

25.0.67 (6/25/2019)

1. Changed: Made artist image lookup key into the fact that it's a music artist a little better (so playing bands with animal names, etc. will show better matches).
2. Fixed: Right-click play commands were not all working properly (may need to re-add the Add to Playing Now toolbar button to make it work).

25.0.66 (6/24/2019)

1. Changed: Tagging no longer runs on URLs or Radio Paradise files.
2. NEW: DLNA: HDCD info passed via JRiver specific DiDL to enable processing by a MC renderer.
3. Fixed: Files could get erroneously tagged during playback.
4. Fixed: Picking "Export Playlist..." from the view header menu would reset the selection.
5. Fixed: Encoder settings could get saved to the registry as the default profile and cause DLNA playback issues between L16 and WAV.

25.0.65 (6/24/2019)

1. Fixed: HDCD decoding would engage when the HDCD field was set to unknown (-1).
2. Changed: Added the options Audio > Advanced > Process HDCD to enable and disable HDCD procssing during playback.
3. Changed: Made the new lyrics lookup option also apply when turning on lyrics display.
4. Fixed: The "Add to Playing Now" toolbar button was not working properly.

25.0.64 (6/21/2019)

1. Changed: Made lyrics lookup at playback time if lyrics display is on optional.
2. Changed: Video files are no longer flagged for requiring analysis when HDCD data is not present.

25.0.63 (6/21/2019)

1. Changed: When deleting a single audio file from the library, the program will list the name, artist, and album on the delete dialog.
2. Fixed: The HDCD decoder could trigger when a match occured that changed nothing, but now it only triggers on files with matches that make changes.
3. Changed: Reenabled thumbnailing for Radio JRiver files.
4. NEW: Added the function MCWS/v1/Playlist/MoveFile to move a file in a playlist.
5. Changed: Made the thumbnail frames option a choice between on, off, and images frames off.

25.0.62 (6/20/2019)

1. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
2. Changed: Renamed the thumbnail option to "Draw frames on thumbnails" from "Draw frames on image thumbnails" and made it turn off all border drawing when disabled.
3. Changed: Made lyrics lookup an array instead of throwing a message that there was already a process running.
4. Changed: The audio analyzer will think a file needs analysis if the HDCD field is -1.
5. NEW: Panel - Added Cloudplay to Panel. Note: 'Playing to' in Panel cannot be set to 'Here' (the browser) for Cloudplay to work.
6. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Settings page, in the Library tab, to run auto-import.
7. NEW: Panel - Added a button to the Playing Now page menu that will swap the slider between volume and playback if only one is displayed.
8. NEW: Panel - Added an option to clear the playing now list in the options menu on the playing now page.
9. Changed: Panel - Changed the Information tab title on the Settings page to Library.

25.0.61 (6/19/2019)

1. Fixed: Scrobbling a stream URL did not always work.
2. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
3. Fixed: ATSC channel scanning and OTA EPG scanning on latest Windows 10 updates did not work.

25.0.60 (6/19/2019)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.78.
4. Changed: HDCD decoding would reduce the volume by 6 dB.
5. Changed: Re-enabled view switching (to Playing Now, etc.) when playing from a webpage.
6. Fixed: When the tree would show again because of clicking a toolbar button, it would not always redraw fully.
7. Changed: Marked the string "Show Media Center" for translation in a way that should work better for German, etc.
8. Fixed: Read-only authentication wasn't getting set properly.

25.0.59 (6/18/2019)

1. Fixed: Only outputting the selected tracks in a playlist export was not working.
2. Changed: Moved the reporting of HDCD up in the Audio Path display list.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.68 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 08:43:43 am »

Make sure you take note that you'll need to re-add the Add to Playing Now toolbar button to make it work with newer builds.  Remove it, leave the dialog, go back into the dialog, and add it.

Thanks.

AJSchmidt

• Recent member
High CPU Usage with JRiver Media Center 25.0.68 for Windows
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 05:30:59 pm »

Every MC build after v25.0.59 (6/18/2019) has caused my system to experience high CPU usage, including this latest v25.0.68 for 64-bit Windows 10.  Reinstalling v25.0.59 (or earlier) eliminates the problem.

With v25.0.68, MC initially launches and runs very well, using 3%-5% CPU while playing music or not.  Then after about 5-minutes, the CPU consumption increases to 14%-22% while playing music or not.

In contrast, v25.0.59 initial CPU usage is 3%-5% while playing music and 0% when not; and after 5-minutes, the CPU consumption drops to 0.1%-0.8% while playing music and 0% when not.

Examination of the "Services & Plug-ins" Reporter shows that No Background Tools are running upon start-up or after the 5-minutes has passed using either version of MC.  However, in the Processing section of the Reporter, v25.0.68 shows "Audio analyzed: 0% (3 of 87896)", while after I reinstall v25.0.59 it shows "Audio analyzed: 100% (87893 of 87896)".

Finally, I updated to v25.0.68 and then set the Options Audio > Advanced > Process HDCD to "disabled".  Checking the Reporter now shows "Audio analyzed: 0% (150 of 87896)".  That infers MC is actually running some background process, in spite of none showing up on the Reporter's display. The high CPU usage was not cured by turning-off the HDCD processing option.

Although not shown in Reporter, it appears that MC is performing yet another audio analysis on the entire music library, which I do not desire to happen, since MC takes about 3-days of continuous system activity accomplish.

Please check into this unexplained CPU loading, and if it is caused by audio analysis activity, please make it show up in the Reporter, and please provide a way to stop it if undesired.

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 05:33:29 pm »

Audio Analysis needs to be run for HDCD.  Please take a look at the thread here.  You can opt out.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 02:25:21 am »

hi
i have a problem with this build. after install mc wants to reimport\analyze 17000 files. and i get a bunch of errors. most like this:
Code: [Select]
Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a10.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a11.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a12.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a13.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a14.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a15.wav
File read-only: M:\Studio Files\Midi & Samples\Drums and cymbals 2.55 (public)\cymbal samples 2.55 (public)\Ride\RC20a\RCB20a\RCB20a16.wav
i sincerely hope that the in the quote the moving part is wrong. because i did not tell mc to move anything.
i went back to 59 and everything is fine. went to 68 and i got the same messages.. and that are much more then only these few.
im back to 59 no, also because with 68 the cpu usage went up to 98 % which made the machine unusable.
i can send a few of those files. they are short. from 1 to 15 seconds.
attached a screenshot from the properties according to foobar from one of those files.

:)
gab

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 04:00:00 am »

The instructions to opt-out of HDCD analysis are here:https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121124.msg837911.html#msg837911

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 06:54:26 am »

Audio Analysis needs to be run for HDCD.  Please take a look at the thread here.  You can opt out.

With the traditional Audio Analysis you could always choose to simply not do the analysis.The R128 tags could sit empty for years. The user chose if and when they wanted to run Audio Analysis. With the introduction of the HDCD tags, the option in reversed. MC automatically runs analysis whether the user wants to do it or not. With the R128 tags the user had to opt in. With HDCD, the user has to opt out. This is a big change in philosophy.

I would recommend that you consider adopting an opt in policy rather than an opt out policy for analysis that can take processing time, that changes tags and therefore can change workflow and backups.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 07:22:32 am »

With the traditional Audio Analysis you could always choose to simply not do the analysis.The R128 tags could sit empty for years. The user chose if and when they wanted to run Audio Analysis. With the introduction of the HDCD tags, the option in reversed. MC automatically runs analysis whether the user wants to do it or not. With the R128 tags the user had to opt in. With HDCD, the user has to opt out. This is a big change in philosophy.

I would recommend that you consider adopting an opt in policy rather than an opt out policy for analysis that can take processing time, that changes tags and therefore can change workflow and backups.

You still have to opt into audio analysis just like before, except that it now does one more thing on top of the 4 or so things it already did.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 07:38:14 am »

I think the problem is that all existing files that have already had audio analysis run at least once are being flagged as needing analysis again for the HDCD update.
If you have a large library this will take a huge amount of processing power.
Personally my server was running 100% CPU utilisation for over 24 hours to achieve this and found zero HDCD files, which I already knew before it started the analysis.
I have no problem with running this on new files imported into my library but inadvertently triggering a wholesale re-analysis of the entire library was not welcome.

stewart_pk

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:25 am »

Audio Analysis for TOOL - Lateralus is only detecting the first track (The Grudge) as HDCD.

gappie

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 08:26:28 am »

I think the problem is that all existing files that have already had audio analysis run at least once are being flagged as needing analysis again for the HDCD update.
If you have a large library this will take a huge amount of processing power.
Personally my server was running 100% CPU utilisation for over 24 hours to achieve this and found zero HDCD files, which I already knew before it started the analysis.
I have no problem with running this on new files imported into my library but inadvertently triggering a wholesale re-analysis of the entire library was not welcome.
i agree with this. and also, when running the audio-analysis before this change i got one log file with errors. now i have to close a gazillion pop-uped screens saying that a few files had errors, before i could try to do something in mc.

8)
gab

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »

Analyze audio files is broken in build 25.0.68.  It is ignoring the option to Skip analyzed files and attempting to analyze my entire library that already had been analyzed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 02:47:46 pm »

Analyze audio files is broken in build 25.0.68.  It is ignoring the option to Skip analyzed files and attempting to analyze my entire library that already had been analyzed.

It needs to analyze HDCD.  This will be an option in a coming build.

Read other threads here for more information.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 02:58:29 pm »

It needs to analyze HDCD.  This will be an option in a coming build.

Read other threads here for more information.

Okay -- I see now.  I will investigate if re-analyzing my entire library will be worth the time considering HDCD is really a rare thing of the past nowadays.

There is another issue though that I have not reported if I do decide to allow MC to reanalyze.  By default, MC removes all leading zeros from track numbers.  I really do not know why it does this, but it does.  I intentionally store leading zeros for all tag track numbers just to have MC remove them all.  I will store either one or two leading zeros depending upon the total track count of the release.  My batch tag editor sets them this way, and I simply make my entire library read-only so that MC does not mess up my tags.  If I do decide to reanalyze for HDCD, MC will strip all leading zeros again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up