INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver keeps Importing "Junk Files" from 192.168.1.2:2869...  (Read 489 times)

redmodred

• Recent member

Recently I created a 2nd Library on my system.  I Ripped 50 CD's into it.  Then converted them to MP3 and loaded them onto a USB drive for use in the car.  No troubles.

BUT, when I switched back to my JukeBox library (that contains over 3000 albums)  I started to get a message "Loading Library" that I'd never seen before.  The message would be up for 10 to 15 minutes.  Then I would see Duplicate files with odd File Names from 192.168.1.2:2869 (as shown in attached).  I have Auto Import in the background turned OFF.  I Delete the files from Library and from the Disk via the JRiver Delete command.  I've set things to Ignore previously deleted files.  And yet, every day they reappear.

NOTE: all my files are on a NAS drive at the IP address show in the file names.....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver keeps Importing "Junk Files" from 192.168.1.2:2869...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 05:34:51 pm »

I don't know exactly why, but that address could probably be excluded from auto import.

I think your NAS may be presenting itself to the network in two different ways.

It's possible MC is seeing a DLNA Server on the NAS.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 07:18:40 pm »

Just an idea but if you go to autoimport and select network> your nas drive>folder(s) you might get what you want. I know that once I selected  the nas drives dlna server and it caused all sorts of problems!
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 10:12:17 pm »

Yep, MC has imported the files both via a drive letter or URI, and via the DLNA server on the NAS. Port 2869 is one of the two UDP ports used by UPnP to advertise a UPnP/DLNA server Port 1900 is the other. . Each time you reconnected to the NAS by opening our Jukebox library, MC re-established both versions of the file, one via each path, therefore creating duplicates. It wouldn't matter that Auto Import was turned off, as MC already knew about the files.

As you have deleted the DLNA versions from your Library they shouldn't reappear. I really hope you didn't also delete them from the disk, but then I don't think a "delete from disk" request would work to a DLNA server. That may be DLNA server setting controlled, so you may be lucky that you didn't just delete all your media files from your NAS.

What to do now?
Turn off the DLNA Server on your NAS. If you don't need it for other reasons, there is no reason to leave it running for MC.
Make sure that Auto Import settings do not include the DLNA Server anywhere.
Turn Auto Import back on in MC and enjoy the music.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

redmodred

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 06:37:23 am »

RoderickGI, yes makes sense that JRiver could be pointed to the NAS Server itself....  I have Fixed it by changing from Jukebox Library to Main Library.  And while Not positive why the change fixed it I believe your answer is dead-on track.  Jukebox Library points to \\jukebox (the NAS top level) and Main Library points to \\jukebox\Public\JukeJoint

I believe the Western Digital NAS uses a Twonky Server.... I've left that running as other devices in the house need it to serve them files. 

Many Thanks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up