INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reloading Library after Fresh OS Install  (Read 931 times)

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Reloading Library after Fresh OS Install
« on: May 12, 2003, 08:49:21 am »

Due to a slew of incompatible drivers and frequent blue screens, I backed up all my music and MC data files and wiped my drive clean.  I now have a fresh XP Pro install and Media Center was the first program to get loaded (that tells you something about my priorities).  

So here is my question.  I have about 50 gigs of APE and MP3 files that I have transfered back to my "new" drive.  I wasn't  happy with the prior directory structure, so I reorganized them.  I think this will create a problem, however, when I import my old MC library because most of the file links will be bad.  There is a lot of info in the old library I would like to keep (especially cover art) and I am hoping there is an easy way to update the file links or somehow solve this without losing too much information.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Reloading Library after Fresh OS Install
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 09:30:05 am »

Don't try to use your old library.  Just re-import the files.

If you want to use your old library files, put the media files in the same location as they were before.  After things are running, use MC to move the files.

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Reloading Library after Fresh OS Install
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 10:00:23 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the quick reply.  If only I could get the same level of responsiveness from the developers of other software I own....

Ok.  I won't use the old library, but is there a way to easily transfer/import the cover art I downloaded, song ratings, and lyrics?  These are really the only "critical" items I'd hate to lose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up