INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting multiple playlists to Itunes  (Read 2111 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Exporting multiple playlists to Itunes
« on: July 27, 2019, 09:29:39 am »

This function - Export to Itunes - (on the Files menu 25.0.83) works great but only seems to create a single playlist of the files that are visible.  Is there a way to export multiple playlists at one time and have each playlist with the respective songs.  If I select the master playlist folder, I get all files exported, but all under the name of the master list folder (or whatever single name I change it to).  If this cannot be done yet (export multiple playlists), can this functionality be a consideration for the future?
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Exporting multiple playlists to Itunes
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 09:39:54 am »

You should be able to select a sub-set.  Use ctrl click.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 09:53:30 am »

Thanks Jim,  I had tried that.  You can select multiple playlists that way and they are highlighted in the tree, but in the MC view, only the first playlist selected  is shown in the MC View and only those songs are exported.  I've always liked the idea of selecting multiple playlists, but only one is every shown in the view (for any use - not just exporting).  Am I doing something wrong with the view that I can only show one playlist in a view.  Even if I use the Player view and drag multiple playlists to it, the export does export all the files in the player view, but only to a single playlist.
John

jack wallstreet

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 03:52:09 pm »

In experimenting, it also appears that the file/export to itunes overwrites playlist instead of adds.  For example, if you export playlist 1, it appears in itunes.  If you then export playlist 2, it appears in itunes but playlist 1 is deleted.  It appears you can not only not do multiple playlists at a time, you can only export one playlist in total.
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 04:32:12 pm »

Are you exporting all tracks or just a single playlist?

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 10:05:55 am »

I am trying to export all playlists (and all associated tracks).  Exporting any single playlist works fine.  I cannot find a way to export more than one playlist (exporting a second overwrites the first, it seems).  I have looked at the wiki and it appears to be silent on that subject.
John

wer

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 01:54:45 pm »

Have you tried File->Export all playlists and then just importing into itunes?
Pages: [1]   Go Up