INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync handheld is improperly naming files  (Read 518 times)

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sync handheld is improperly naming files
« on: August 05, 2019, 09:45:10 pm »

I just noticed this bug(?) tonight. I was looking at a song that I synced to a handheld device. It is Boston's 'Amanda' but the filename is Amanda.mp3.mp3 instead of Amanda.mp3. (For some reason the sync activity is adding an extra '.mp3' to the filename.) I can repeat this error every time, and I tried deleting songs from my handheld and checking the new ones that were copied over on the sync. They too have this problem. I have checked the original songs and looked in the tags and cannot see anything that would contribute to this.

Most of my songs do not have this double naming problem. I used a search utility and found 941 that have it though.

Is this a real bug or am I missing something?

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Sync handheld is improperly naming files
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 09:48:59 pm »

Forgot to add I am using current version (.83) and only files dated July 31 and later are affected. Maybe a problem in the latest release?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 10:25:32 pm »

The Handheld Sync function now includes an "Audio Filename Rules" option.

You probably have something strange in that. Set it to what you want, or make sure it is empty so that the original filename is used.

Note: I haven't checked the functionality. I'm just guessing that is the cause.

Maybe there is a real bug though: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,121704.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LawrenceP

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 03:24:31 am »

Started from few version back(have to be before 25.00.83) that if the "Audio Filename Rule" left empty at the sync to device option, the output files now will add the files extension onto the device files like as follow:

Org files on PC: test.mp3

sync device output files: test.mp3.mp3

Is there anyways to not make the naming with the files extension at the end? (same as the files on PC)

And I don't recall this happen when I sync my device a few months back also since I never put anything in the "Audio Filename Rule" anyways.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 07:06:59 am »

I can reproduce this.  Look for a fix next build.  Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up