INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacking multiple videos/series in one container  (Read 541 times)

thorsten

• World Citizen
Stacking multiple videos/series in one container
« on: August 06, 2019, 03:48:47 pm »

Hi there,

sorry, I don't know how to describe my problem…

I have all my music videos tagged with genre "music" and generated a library view, there they are all gathered.

But, I got a sampler with various single music videos, that are now overcrouding my "music" library. Take a look on my screenshot for explaination.
the "U2 360° at rosebowl" is a complete concert, as the "van Halen" is just one song.

So, how do I "stack" these videos in one item named "Sampler No.1"?

(I could tag them with "sampler" and generate an additional library view, but this is the second best way…)

BR,

thorsten

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stacking multiple videos/series in one container
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:34:06 pm »

You should be able to select them, then right click and "stack" them.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stacking multiple videos/series in one container
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 09:05:07 am »

The way I do this is:

1.  I put an [Album] tag on every video, so I know what album it's part of.  That would work well for your U2 concert and your sampler.  For others that might not be part of something bigger, you could just put no Album tag, or something like "miscellaneous".
2.  To view my music videos, I have a Panes view.  The top has several panes including Artist, Album, etc.  That way I can very quickly find what I'm looking for.
3.  Down below the Panes, I have the song list set up as thumbnails.  So I see a view very similar to yours:  Thumbnail previews of my music videos.  But I also have the small Panes up top that let me select.  This keeps the clutter down and makes it quite easy to find what I want.

Maybe some of these ideas can guide you towards a good solution for you.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up