INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC switches zone by itself during playback  (Read 409 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
MC switches zone by itself during playback
« on: August 15, 2019, 07:18:40 am »

In the latest MC versions (currently Win 25.0.89) something strange happens with zones. I have two zones named "IPC" and "Local". Local is for playback of locally stored media files, while Zoneswitch automatically swithces to IPC zone and stops Local when Tidal is used. This works fine. But when playing Local, after a few minutes, MC focus shifts from Local to IPC. In Playing Now, IPC is highlighted and MC header shifts to IPC, including the volume control.

But - Local is still playing (as it should be), and Local is marked in Playing Now as the active zone. I use Internal Volume, and to make this work, I need to switch from compact view to normal view, click on the playing (Local) zone.

When this occurs, I do not have Tidal running, and there should be no reason for MC to switch zone. So it does not seem to be linked to zoneswitch being activated. I am testing now to see if this happens with zoneswitch turned off.

Trumpetguy

Re: MC switches zone by itself during playback
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 07:27:17 am »

It actually seems that this is a zoneswitch issue. Does not happen when zoneswitch is disabled.
I will look into the zoneswtich config, as this is a new install. But then again, it may be a bug.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:39 am »

Anything on your system that tries to play a sound will cause the WDM Driver (IPC) to be used.

Trumpetguy

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 08:01:01 am »

It may be exactly that. I have now changed default audio device from WDM to something different to test with active zoneswitch again.

Yeah, it was. With WDM as default audio device, MC switched to IPC. But it did not do it all the way - Local playback continued. Is that because the Windows sounds are so short? If so, I would think the half-way switch is a bit strange. Wouldn't it be better if WDM listens for a longer time before doing anything? And halfway switch is...halfway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up