INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDtracks  (Read 807 times)

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
HDtracks
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:26:18 pm »

I just downloaded an album from HDtracks.  The album has 12 tracks.  Track #9 is not included.  Track #9 comes up as a separate "album".  I need to get Track #9 to be included in the original album.  Does that make any sense?  Thanks.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: HDtracks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 09:39:36 pm »

Check the metadata to see if there is something different for this track compared to the rest.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

wer

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 09:40:52 pm »

The problem is that the downloaded files were provided with incorrect metadata.  In other words, they were "tagged" incorrectly, and track 9 has an Album tag that does not match the other files.

Since you are new to this, you will need an introduction.  Start with this article:
https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-music-tagging-2438569

And then refer to this link to learn about how to tag files in JRiver Media Center.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tagging

You will run into this problem again and again in many different forms, so you will need to learn how to recognize it and fix it.

Having correct metadata, tagging your files properly, is essential to having your music well organized on your computer.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 10:12:01 pm »

Most likely the tag for [Album Artist] is empty, and track 9 has a featured artist in the [Artist] tag, which is different to the other tracks' [Artist] tag.
MC needs both album title and album artist to be the same to collect tracks into an album.
You can fix this best by manually adding the appropriate entry into the [Album Artist] field for all tracks in the album.

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 09:57:46 am »

Thanks for all the replies.  I have edited files before that were incorrect.  The problem is that I cannot find any differences in this case.  Would there be somewhere else I should look?  Thanks.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 10:26:40 am »

Thanks for all the replies.  I have edited files before that were incorrect.  The problem is that I cannot find any differences in this case.  Would there be somewhere else I should look?  Thanks.
Are you sure?  There might be a subtle difference of a space or a .   What I do is select both the group and the outlier together and see if any of the album-related tags show up as <Varies>.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:44 am »

What is the best way to do that?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 11:46:21 am »

1)  Do a search with enough common data to get all 12 tracks. Select all of them and make the appropriate tags common.

2) Select the outlier track and edit the appropriate tags. Select the same tag value as the other tracks have.

3) Copy the appropriate tags from one of the 11 tracks and paste them into the tag of the outlier.

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 12:58:02 pm »

Sorry.  Still no go.  I'm going to ask HDtracks for another download.  Maybe that will help.  Thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 01:04:15 pm »

Are Date and Genre the same?

wer

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »

You're either doing something wrong, or not editing one of the needed tags.

Select one of the good files, and hit ctrl-c.  Now select the outlier file and right click and select paste tags.  Select only the following tags, and MAKE SURE ALLOW OVERWRITE OF EXISTING VALUES IS CHECKED:

Album
Album Artist
Artist
Date
Genre
Publisher

And click the paste tags button.  Refresh your view and done.

Gregory2001

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 01:27:51 pm »

That did it!  Thanks a lot for all your help.

wer

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 01:47:03 pm »

You would be well served if you learn more about tagging.  The problem was exactly what kr4 told you it was, you just didn't check carefully enough to see it.  I did not give you any secret or arcane knowledge... It's just the very basics: make the tags the same.

This question comes up again and again, and it is trivial to resolve if one is aware of the basics and is paying careful attention.

Take a look at this thread for more info:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64559.0

And this:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98248.0

Happy tagging!  :)

(An admin should change the name of this thread to "One track shows as a separate album" as the current title is useless.)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:33 pm »

You're either doing something wrong, or not editing one of the needed tags.

Select one of the good files, and hit ctrl-c.  Now select the outlier file and right click and select paste tags.  Select only the following tags, and MAKE SURE ALLOW OVERWRITE OF EXISTING VALUES IS CHECKED:

Album
Album Artist
Artist
Date
Genre
Publisher

And click the paste tags button.  Refresh your view and done.

Wow. Thanks for this. I didn't know you could copy and paste tags like that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up