INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center Freezes when Updating Library from tags  (Read 510 times)

kombat30d

Media Center Freezes when Updating Library from tags
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:58:08 am »

Hey Ya'll I have an issue.  I just updated to JRiver Media Center 25.0.98 yesterday.  I already had JRiver 25 just not the latest version.  Since the update, every single time I try to update my Library from tags is chosen the window pops up like always but then it hangs then states that it's not responding, it goes to a white screen or locks on "Not Responding" and I have to either force it close through task manager or turn off my computer.

I have 4 computers in my home that have the latest version of JRiver on it.  I have checked and ALL of them hang like this when this option is selected. 

What I am doing is this: 

I have 1500 movies in my collection.  Due to some bizarre limitation of JRiver (i'm not knocking it, I LOVE JRiver, don't get me wrong) I have noticed that sometimes when I update the tags from the jrivers platform it doesn't actually update them in the file for movies.  In the past my movies were locally on the hard drive but now it is on a networked drive for all my computers and such, so I can be in any room and still see the same content and tags. 

SO when I need to update something, add in editors name or studio or something, I usually update the tags, then go back to JRiver and update the library from there so then when something happens I always have the actual file to fall back on and I don't have to spend weeks trying to get the information back.  (someone told me this trick just a few months ago and I have been doing it successfully till now) 

I still have 948 files to clean up and would like to have this resolved.  Any suggestions?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center Crashes when Updating Library from tags
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:18 am »

Try waiting. Don't interact with the PC or click anything, just leave it once you've run Update Library from tags. It may well finish it could be that a processor thread may currently be blocked/choked and may need time to become free. It also may be a corrupt file, but leaving it is an easy experiment to try first.

Spike

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center Freezes when Updating Library from tags
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 03:47:03 am »

Spike’s suggestion is a good one..

.. but also, you say you have 1500 files in your library, and it freezes when you have 948 tracks still to go; so have a look at file number “1500-948” to see if it is corrupted in some way..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up