INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.108 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 5656 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 25.0.108 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: October 01, 2019, 07:55:36 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250108.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250108-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

25.0.108 (9/30/2019)

1. Fixed: SRT subtitles could appear multiple times in the menu.
2. Changed: Made the disc count algorithm count actual discs instead of take the max disc number.
3. Changed: Made the maximum allowable size of a Podcast larger because we found real world Podcasts larger than our previous cap size.

25.0.107 (9/27/2019)

1. Fixed: Undid the "All channels" handling in the Parametric Equalizer volume and mute filters because it was causing all channels to be processed even if only selected ones were checked.

25.0.106 (9/25/2019)

1. Fixed: We were not passing the array of files into the expression for thumbnails so things like GroupCount(...) were not working properly.

25.0.105 (9/25/2019)

1. NEW: Added the ItemCount(...) expression to allow giving the count of all the files in the database with the same album, artist, album key, etc.
2. Changed: Made the DLNA servers dialog larger and made it sizable.
3. Changed: When playing to the WDM driver, Media Center will no longer jump to Playing Now (even if it's set to).
4. NEW: Made the program update the 'Total Discs' for all the files in the library at startup (files not marked dirty, so shouldn't cause tagging).

Changed: Some internal changes like the handling of video analysis.

25.0.103 (9/23/2019)

1. NEW: Calls to the web service from a webpage bypass the web browser and are routed directly inside Media Center.  That way the calls work even with Media Network off.
2. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
3. Fixed: Editing a file path rule in the library customization dialog would not work.
4. Changed: Theater View will save when it's zoomed into a file so returning to Theater View will still be zoomed in.
5. NEW: Made the text on the status bar customizable for single file selections (right-click the toolbar and pick Set Text Rule...).
6. Changed: Double-clicking or Right-click > Configure Recording is no longer disabled for TV recording rules that are time-based one-time recordings (in Recording Rules view).
7. Fixed: The equalizer preamp was only working on the two front channels.
8. Changed: Saving an empty playlist as a Car Radio button would start playing the current playlist instead of messaging that there was nothing to play.
9. NEW: Added the PNPosition and PNCount variables to the expression used for status bar customization.
10. NEW: Reworked both the preamp and equalizer so they'll work on high channel counts (like 32 channels) instead of only on prescribed channels.
11. NEW: Made the MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLES MCC command take a -3 to browse for subtitles.
12. NEW: More TV properties of recording rules can be edited in Theater View, including subscription suspension, re-enabling canceled recording etc.
13. Fixed: "Subscription default - Search all fields for name" setting was not correctly applied when setting up TV recording subscription in Theater View.
14. Changed: "Subscription default - Search all fields for name" option on TV Options is renamed "Subscription default - Search all fields for name (i.e. search Description in addition to Name and Series fields)".
15. Fixed: Checkbox style fields were not working since the last update to fix tag window issues.

25.0.102 (9/16/2019)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The check for updates box closes after 60 seconds instead of 5 seconds when there's no update.
3. Fixed: SACD playback was not working.
4. Changed: Play Doctor won't factor a file as a minus file if you double-click a new track.  It will only factor as a minus if you hit the next track button.
5. Fixed: Tried to fix the issue of the Action Window crashing when closing automatically for check for updates (couldn't reproduce, so only maybe).

25.0.101 (9/14/2019)

1. NEW: Television Recording Rules can be edited in Theater View through a menu.
2. Changed: For DLNA, the next track will be sent 30 seconds before the end of the current track to devices that support SetNextAVTransportURI. (increase of 6 seconds).
3. Fixed: Media Center could crash when checking for updates while the Action Window was not shown.

25.0.100 (9/13/2019)

1. NEW: Added a dialog "Portable Library" to allow setting up the filename conversions needed between Windows, Mac, and Linux.
2. Fixed: NFO "rating" tag was not properly imported.
3. NEW: MC will import "Rating" field from the new style "ratings" tag in NFO files.
4. Changed: Updated the Chromium web engine to the latest Chrome release.
5. Changed: Web links stay visible as you visit webpages (instead of going away).
6. NEW: MC will import "Lens" field from TIFF images.
7. NEW: "Focal Length" and "F Number" from TIFF images will be displayed with one decimal place only.
8. NEW: "XResolution" and "YResolution" from TIFF images will carry a unit (dpi or ppcm).
9. Fixed: Playlists added to Gizmo views as a library item would not sort properly.
10. Fixed: Cloudplay PlayDoctor button was not working.  This is the play button that would appear when you entered a genre into the Cloudplay search box.
11. Changed: When typing a part after a semi-colon in an edit box, a suggestion will appear for the second, third, etc. string.
12. NEW: An option "Jump amount when using mouse wheel to change playback position", to allow users to select how many seconds to jump when mouse wheel is turned (1 - 30 seconds).
13. NEW: When loading from an NFO file for a video, if <rating> or <ratings> tag is not found, <userrating> will be loaded for "Rating" field.
14. Changed: The check for updates Action Window only shows for five seconds if there's no update (so you don't have to close it).
15. Changed: Switched the API call used for Theater View sound playback to hopefully be more responsive.
16. Changed: Made mouse wheel scrolling in a menu always scroll at least one item even if the scroll reported by the system is small (previously it could be discarded).
17. NEW: An option to disable mouse wheel for jumping / skipping.
18. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
19. Fixed: The Tag action window could keep applying tags incorrectly when editing a list field.
20. NEW: String literals can be defined in expressions by using /* comment here /*.  The text will be output without any formatting.
21. NEW: When playing a television channel the OSD program info display will include a "currently recording" or "scheduled to be recorded" symbol in the current and next program names.
22. Fixed: The Tempo & Pitch DSP could crash when fed more then 16 channel, instead it'll gracefully disable now until the limit can be raised.
23. Changed: Made the pane right-click menu show even when the view is locked (it will just disable most the items).
24. Fixed: Loudness could produce a subtle tick when starting playback again.
25. Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+A after opening the tag window would not select all in the file list.

25.0.99 (9/4/2019)

1. NEW: TIFF images' "Date", "Artist", and "Description" etc. tags will be imported.
2. Fixed: Right-click in the installer's install path edit control would crash.
3. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Stefan and Bytestar).
4. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
5. Changed: Made all the colors discrete for 7.1 playback in Analyzer (instead of looping previous colors).
6. Fixed: With right visualizations showing the rating could get scrunched.
7. NEW: Save the platform along with a database as platform.jmd.
8. NEW: Added a "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" selection for the Tag window templates.
9. NEW: Some tags in EXIF private IFD are imported from TIFF image files (focal length, F-number, ISO, shutter speed, etc.).
10. Fixed: Panel - Blocked some text from becoming highlighted when using sliders.
11. Changed: Panel - The "no files in playing now" error message now displays the current zone as a link to the settings page.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.108 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 03:28:09 pm »

Hi. When editing tags in "Edit in Popup" is not working. After add info there and you close is empty. This problem i saw from a few last version, i think from .104, not sure. Saw this problem especially on "Large Value".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 03:34:48 pm »

Hi. When editing tags in "Edit in Popup" is not working. After add info there and you close is empty. This problem i saw from a few last version, i think from .104, not sure. Saw this problem especially on "Large Value".

Confirmed.  Fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

wer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 04:06:35 pm »

Thanks Matt for this update.  [Total Discs] does count the correct total now.

I did notice some behavior for Total Discs that seemed strange to me though:

1. When used in Thumbnail Text in a category view: When drilling into a category view [Total Discs] returns null until the view is refreshed by pushing the refresh button. Then it is populated with correct values.  If the file list is visible with a Total Discs column, then Thumbnail text returns the correct value immediately without the refresh.

2. When all tracks in an album have null in the [Disc #] field, Total Discs is sometimes updated to 1, but sometimes to null.  I can't see any rhyme or reason why.  I would consider either value correct, but shouldn't it be consistent?  I verified the contents of the [Disc #] field with IsEmpty, so there's no mistake.

3. The [Total Discs] field for an album is only updated once, permanently.  If you have three discs the first time MC updates Total Discs, the field will get a 3.  If you later add a 4th disc, MC will never automatically update the Total Discs field to 4, even with a MC restart and view refresh.  If you delete the contents of the Total Discs field and restart MC, MC will then fill the field with the correct 4 value.

I can see #1 being a limitation; global variables sometimes behave similarly.  #3 may be by design: it won't change an existing value in case you entered it yourself; that might be reasonable.  But #2 is just weird.

wer

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 04:16:31 pm »

More important to me is this issue, which I posted about before but perhaps got lost when 106 was pulled, so apologies for the duplication...

There is a bug in theater view in 25.0.108 (and 104 and 106) that causes thumbnails or posters to be duplicated in some views.

Please see the attached image for proof, with the duplications circled.  Those movies of course only exist once in my database.  It happens for audio or video files, if this view style is used.  All other view styles are fine, only this one has the issue, and it has the issue anywhere it is used.  Which images get duplicated can change.

Deleting the thumbnail cache (either through the app, or by deleting the folder when MC is closed) and rebuilding thumbnails does not resolve this problem.

Roderick commented in another thread he was able to reproduce.

I use this view a lot, so I'd greatly appreciate it if this one could be swatted.  Thank you!

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 05:06:27 am »

Another issue i encounter in the last version. When editing the tag window is cover and you can't see what comes next on selection. Using the default skin or a custom one, it has the same behaviour, and switching the font to lower size the problem dissapear (9), but if i use a higher size this is the issue.

And another one related to tag action is this.

When hovering with mouse above the tag window the editable tags look like they are selected but is not.
Thanks.

phoenix91

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 05:26:43 am »

Drives & Devices | Explorer
Selection: Show Files in Subfolders is not working

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 08:04:54 am »

Drives & Devices | Explorer
Selection: Show Files in Subfolders is not working

same here
I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 09:49:55 am »

Play Doctor from Cloudplay worked fine for me in Build 0.98.  However, after installing 108, Play Doctor only selects files from my local library.  Reverting to 0.98 restored functionality.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 02:43:31 pm »

After upgrading to 25.0.108, MC is not shutting down properly any more.
When trying to shut down, I get the spinning blue circle and a choice of closing MC or waiting for the program to respond.
Next time I open MC it closes immediately.
Next time I open MC I get the spinning blue circle again when trying to close.
I have reinstalled. No change.
Is this a known phenomenon?

I just downgraded to 25.0.104 and with that version the problem does not occur.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2019, 02:51:40 pm »

Let it run a while.

You can see what MC is doing under the Reporter in the tree.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Reporter

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2019, 04:31:19 pm »

After upgrading to 25.0.108, MC is not shutting down properly any more.
When trying to shut down, I get the spinning blue circle and a choice of closing MC or waiting for the program to respond.
Next time I open MC it closes immediately.
Next time I open MC I get the spinning blue circle again when trying to close.
I have reinstalled. No change.
Is this a known phenomenon?

I just downgraded to 25.0.104 and with that version the problem does not occur.

I too have this issue - moving from .104 to .108...
.108 CPU utilization 3x that of .104 with persistence.
.108 will not shut down properly for me even after waiting 20 mins.
Moving back to .104 - solved my issue!?
No background processes reported under Services & Plug-ins.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 04:40:40 pm »

I too have this issue - moving from .104 to .108...
.108 CPU utilization 3x that of .104 with persistence.
.108 will not shut down properly for me even after waiting 20 mins.
Moving back to .104 - solved my issue!?
No background processes reported under Services & Plug-ins.
Wait longer.  It's probably due to this change in build 105:

4. NEW: Made the program update the 'Total Discs' for all the files in the library at startup (files not marked dirty, so shouldn't cause tagging).

Depending on the size of the library, that could take a while.  Let it run.

wer

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2019, 06:02:12 pm »

Matt, I've done some testing regarding the theater view poster bug I described above, in what I believe is called "Line Up" view...

The problem has only existed in the OpenGL theater view.  I tested previous versions and when the D3D option was used, this problem did not occur, but it did occur in the same version when using OpenGL.

So anyone who'd been using D3D or didn't use the Line Up view wouldn't have seen it.

-Will

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2019, 06:35:18 pm »

Will,
Thanks for reporting what you found.

UncleMilt

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2019, 06:44:01 pm »

Wait longer.  It's probably due to this change in build 105:

Depending on the size of the library, that could take a while.  Let it run.

10-4
Only MC 25 open. Working hard. Single core 100% constantly, but stable.
Thanks for the help.

Update: My issues with .108 are gone. Let it work over night. Grateful, as always.

erin

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 07:11:48 am »

Hi, Matt

When update to 25.0.108, my JRiver cannot play most DSD files (that played well with 25.0.104), only hear hiss sounds. I used Nuforce5 DAC with Windows 10 build 1903.

Update: For some reasons, Nuforce ASIO driver was failed after updating to 25.0.108 (WASAPI still OK). Re-install driver and JRiver works again.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 08:03:17 am »

Hi, Matt

When update to 25.0.108, my JRiver cannot play most DSD files (that played well with 25.0.104), only hear hiss sounds. I used Nuforce5 DAC with Windows 10 build 1903.

Update: For some reasons, Nuforce ASIO driver was failed after updating to 25.0.108 (WASAPI still OK). Re-install driver and JRiver works again.
Please compare settings.  This is unlikely to be an MC problem.

I'll split this to a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up