INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cocktail audio  (Read 960 times)

pacdpm

• Recent member
cocktail audio
« on: October 17, 2019, 01:11:38 pm »

Interested in Cocktail Audio X50(D) 0r X45PRO...was told they won't work with JRiver...want to stream wired, not WiFi, from computer...Does anyone own and/or know if this is true?  VERY HAPPY with JRiver and don't wanna switch...thank you

MikeyFresh

• World Citizen
Re: cocktail audio
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 08:57:23 pm »

Interested in Cocktail Audio X50(D) 0r X45PRO...was told they won't work with JRiver...want to stream wired, not WiFi, from computer...Does anyone own and/or know if this is true?  VERY HAPPY with JRiver and don't wanna switch...thank you
I don't see any reason why either one of those units wouldn't work with JRiver's DLNA server. The Cocktail Audio specs indicate they are DLNA/UPnP Renderer compatible, so it should work.
When you say you want to stream wired you mean via Ethernet connection, right? That Ethernet cable would go to your router, direct connection to a computer, while not impossible, is generally more complicated. You are better off connecting to a router or switch via Ethernet in my opinion.

pacdpm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:56:19 pm »

Yes Mikey...and thanks for the reply..I plan to go the router route BUT was told by an 'authorized' Cocktail Audio aka NovaFidelity aka Novatron dealer that Cocktail Audio servers were NOT JRiver compliant...Roon & WMP were...I am confused because the units I've researched are DLNA compliant etc...lotta money to spend and learn I can't use JRiver so was hoping to find out from anyone if they own and use JRiver with their Cocktail Audio Media Servers

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:12:57 pm »

If its DLNA compliant it should work with JRiver.

I daresay the rep said that because JRiver is not listed on the supported program list, but if they listed all DLNA servers it would be a long list.

If you connect it to your network, wired or wifi, JRiver will pick it up if it is a DLNA/UPnP compliant device.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 01:42:37 am »

You could tell the rep that we'll provide a copy if they want to test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up