INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to avoid "The" in movie lists  (Read 724 times)

Darren McKenna

How to avoid "The" in movie lists
« on: November 19, 2019, 04:41:41 pm »

I have been using JRiver for many years for my extensive audio flac files but recently I started using it for my nearly 3000 HD movie collection. Most of my collection comprises of legally purchased DVD's and Blu-ray movies and iTunes which is a great source for those old classics. In the iTunes program, the word "The" is avoided in the movie list and the next word is in line for the name of the movie. For example "The Man from Laramie" is under "M" rather then "T".

JRiver starts every "The" movie under "T" which I do not care for. As of now I have 607 movies that begin with "The" and I would rather not have to scroll through all the "The"'s, lol. Is there a way I can avoid those in my movie list. I have barely scratched the surface of JRiver and although I have been reading the manual for years I do not understand so much of JRiver. Any help would be most appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to avoid "The" in movie lists
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:24:15 am »

"Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Articles" needs to include "The", which it does by default.

Then "Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore articles" should be ticked.

Done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Darren McKenna

Re: How to avoid "The" in movie lists
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 04:20:01 am »

Worked like a charm, thank you Sir!
Pages: [1]   Go Up