INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking from a DAC  (Read 747 times)

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
Clicking from a DAC
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:24:31 am »

I bought a Lumin U1 Mini as a network bridge between my dac and my music dedicated laptop with JRiver v26 that is now used in an ethernet network with an HDD via USB. I controll the music over Lumin's app over DNLA. This works fine also. But there is a BUT and it is related to dsd, which I did not have when using the laptop as musicplayer.

There is always a "click" from the dac between the tracks. I use USB connection. It is not as hard as a "gap" which more or less turn off the dack between the tracks, but still disturbing. I have been in contact with Lumin who adviced me to contact you as they mean that JRiver should work.

I have also tried AES/EBU and convert dsd to pcm. This is even worse. I have also tried to use JRemote as a control center but I don't succed in making it work gapless.

Obviously there is something that I miss when preparing JRiver for DNLA that covers dsd replay. I should appreciate if you could give a full instruction on how to set up JRiver to avoid this situation. What boxes should be ticked and which ones should not and where to find them?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Clicking from a DAC
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:33:33 am »

It's a common problem with DAC's, when switching format.  You can use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to force everything to the same bitrate and sample rate.

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Clicking from a DAC
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 05:48:15 am »

Thanks...

It was not problems switching between formats. The issue was between each tracks in dsd. Happily I found an option I have not seen before; Play a little silence on DOP...

Problem solved. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up