INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.22 -- Available Here  (Read 6208 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.22 -- Available Here
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:10:58 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260022.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260022-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.22 (2/7/2020)

1. Fixed: There were a couple unused DLLs in the install.

26.0.21 (2/6/2020)

1. NEW: A new television channel type - "Tuner Stream", for playing streaming video from HDHomeRun Prime tuners.  Right now only live streaming is supported.  No time-shifting, no recording.  EPG is supported.
2. Fixed: HD Channel streaming from HDHomeRun Prime tuners could not be played via File > Open URL...
3. Fixed: DVB TV engine might mistakenly unmap a subtitle PID and cause subtitles not displayed.
4. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
5. NEW: When configuring auto-import, you can select "Include this folder only" to include a folder but not include subfolders.
6. Changed: Renamed the trailer pre-show selection to "Movie Trailer" so that using the value won't use the trailer field from the file in the Showtime rules.
7. NEW: The pre-show field supports any value instead of only from the accepted list.
8. Changed: When playing an image slideshow, the playing file is no longer shown each time the image is switched.
9. Changed: The options window maximizes if any of the window coordinates are off the screen (can happen with really high DPI settings, etc.).
10. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
11. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
12. Changed: Libraries marked with an unknown origin can be deleted.
13. Fixed: The Date field could be wrong upon importing some images.
14. Changed: Made getting artist images and composer images add to the most recently used menu.
15. Fixed: Google image lookup wasn't working.
15. Changed: Renamed TV option "Order File Delete confirmation options differently from non-TV media delete (permanent delete first) in Theater View" to "Show permanent delete as first choice for TV in Theater View delete confirmation".
16. Changed: Saving settings in a library backup was not enabled for a portable install.
17. Fixed: Right-clicking a playlist other than the selected one and doing 'Export Playlist...' was not working.
18. Fixed: Connecting to a library server from a client could stop playback on all other connected clients.
19: Fixed: Panel - When selecting a playback option, Panel would send duplicate play commands when playing to any zone other than the browser.

26.0.20 (1/24/20)

1. Changed: Made it so you can remove default library locations (because they might be old and unnecessary).
2. Fixed: Library restores could fail to work if a previous restore set the temporary directory to a directory that used slashes in the wrong direction for the platform.
3. Changed: Made the library creation portion of the benchmark faster again (also speeds up library creation in general).
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.17.
5. Changed: When evaluating Showtime rules, everything after the equal will be evaluated as an expression on the current file.  Makes it possible to use fields from the files to pick what to show.
6. Fixed: Memory leak, especially when syncing libraries back to a server.

26.0.19 (1/20/20)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.14.
2. Fixed: DVB Tuner's tuner event handler was executed repeatedly and could cause MC to crash.
3. NEW: Added the relational type of one per composer to library fields.
4. Changed: ATSC and DVB tuners will be a little more responsive to canceling/stopping.
5. Fixed: Playback Status would not advance when playing a file after loading a different library.
6. Changed: iTunes library import supports unlimited levels of iTunes playlist nesting instead of only one level.
7. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Fixed: The date field in some images was incorrectly set to "0" on import.
9. Changed: Customized the waveform colors for the Black on Black, Thunderstorm, Z, Aruba, Green Eyes, Purity, Pearl Bailey, Modern Cards Dark, Modern Cards White and Blue Steel skins to better match.
10. Changed: Made the waveform bar a little smoother on wide screens.
11. Fixed: Some corrupt mp4 files could lead to hanging of MC (MC went into an infinite loop).

26.0.18 (1/14/2020)

1. Changed: Internal changes.

26.0.17 (1/13/2020)

1. NEW: During iTunes library import, the full path of a playlist will be imported instead of only the name.
2. Fixed: Updating the file playback range could lead to a crash in some cases.
3. Fixed: Decoding of ALAC in M4A could result in artifacts in some files.
4. Changed: In Standard view EPG list will delay updating when EPG loading is running in the background.
5. Changed: Switched the no files double-click message from play all files to play audio files in Playing Now (so things like notes don't get played).
6. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to 4.2, used for file analysis and transcoding.
7. Fixed: The MCWS JSON file list would return an empty file entry instead of an entirely empty list if no files were found.
8. Changed: Added a parameter to the MCWS Browse/Image call to avoid delivering the default placeholder images, allowing a client to gracefully substitute its own.
9. Changed: Updated our User Agent again to resolve issues with Podcast downloads.
10. Changed: Updated the Norwegian translation (thanks Øistein Rian).
11. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).

26.0.16 (1/9/2020)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
2. Changed: JRiver TV recording file type "jtv" will be among default file types for importing and for file association.
3. Fixed: Setting the tempo with MCWS didn't always take effect right away.
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.12.
5. Changed: In Standard view, TV recording button is made available even if the EPG is completely empty, so that one can still record a show by specifying channel and time, without program info.
6. Changed: Revised the image date code to hopefully load the date more reliably from images.
7. Changed: When MCC_HANDHELD_UPLOAD arrives, it will first recheck the sync (otherwise it would just sync nothing after changes).
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
9. NEW: You can select the country of Italy from the Amazon store menu at the top right.
10. Fixed: Television code could crash in rare cases.

26.0.15 (12/18/2019)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: The menu placement of the main program scales with the size of the program so at a larger size it gets shifted (should fix Blue Steel problems).
3. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.11.
4. Changed: Changed how critical errors from TV tuners are handled so we will not mess up reference counting of the tuners.
5. Changed: We reset a TV tuner from error state to normal state in 3 minutes, instead of 30 minutes, so the tuner can be used again sooner if it is usable.
6. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Stéphane).
7. Fixed: Picking thumbnails and hitting the play button to play them would not always work properly after a recent change.
8. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).

26.0.14 (12/16/2019)

1. Fixed: Media Center could not ask for permission when running tasks which needed administrator rights (installing plugins, registering controls, etc).
2. Fixed: Stability issues in 26.0.13 due to internal changes.
3. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
4. Changed: Updated the Hungarian translation (thanks pimpolo).

26.0.13 (12/13/2019)

1. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
2. Changed: Removed a piece of experimental code from PSI Parser filter in TV.
3. Changed: Updated the "New / Improved This Version..." link to point to version 26.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jack wallstreet

Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.22 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:32:48 am »

core overflow while analyzing 55,000 songs (analyzing continued).  Had a song on "pause" when this error occurred.  There was also a message media center has encountered an error associated with that song (the song is there and plays). 

"Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

File locked: E:\Audio\Music J\ST KZ\Peabo Bryson - Barney's Great Adventure - If All The Raindrops.mp3"

Edit: This was with version 26.0.20 64 bit

John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:55:54 am »

core overflow while analyzing 55,000 songs (analyzing continued).  Had a song on "pause" when this error occurred.  There was also a message media center has encountered an error associated with that song (the song is there and plays). 

"Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by other programs.

File locked: E:\Audio\Music J\ST KZ\Peabo Bryson - Barney's Great Adventure - If All The Raindrops.mp3"

Edit: This was with version 26.0.20 64 bit
Always test with the latest build before posting a report.

Svafrlami

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:28:59 pm »

Is there a specific place or topic on these forums to suggest improvements/new features that the community would like to see implemented into JRiver? Upon doing some searches, i can't seem to find anything. Thanks.

raldo

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 03:34:53 pm »

The date import seems to have improved (13. Fixed: The Date field could be wrong upon importing some images.). However, when I did a reimport of 1000 photos with garbled dates, 500 came out wrong.

See attached geosetter snip of a file that in MC  has a date of 5929.

Summary:
o "Date/Time original" (EXIF) is correct
o "Date Created" (IPTC) is incorrect
o "Date Created" (XMP) is incorrect
o "Create Date" (XMP) is correct

Do you write xmp/iptc to the file?

I haven't seen this behavior before.  Lightroom is the only other app and  I'm it using to update facetags and geotags. I haven't accepted any updates for Lightroom in a very long time.

Edit: First, I I added a facetag and  changed the geopos  of a photo in Lightroom. The dates were all just fine according to geosetter. I then set the date of the photo in Lightroom. All dates (Exif, IPTC, XMP) were just fine according to geosetter.

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 05:12:31 pm »

Getting critical error where a module has "failed to load" during JMC 26.0.22 install. The error alludes to a "JRTools" failing to load. Image of error attached.

The funny thing is this is coming off a clean install (Sunday morning) of Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909 Build 18363.657) - latest build. Yes, I've got drivers installed. Yes, I'm a registered user of JRiver Media Center 26.

Help?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 05:16:28 pm »

Is there a specific place or topic on these forums to suggest improvements/new features that the community would like to see implemented into JRiver? Upon doing some searches, i can't seem to find anything. Thanks.
There's a thread titled "Feature Requests" somewhere on the forum.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 02:49:38 pm »

Maybe one for the "Weird and wonderful (freak problems and their solutions)" thread....

I upgraded my HTPC to a Ryzen 3900X as the fan died on my i7-4770K processor and killed it.  Anyway after rebuilding and doing all the upgrades (good reason to move to v26 from v25), I had some lip-sync issues.  All audio and video were in-sync via JRiver for TV, DBD and Blu-ray, etc. but not when using a browser sending to the WDWM driver.  I have a Lynx Aurora-16-VT with Lynx AES16e card.  I re-sample everything to 192000 as the Aurora doesn't like to change rates cleanly.  Turns out I had to go into Windows 10 audio setting and set the output to 192000/24 and everything synced up.  Looks like those few ms to traverse the stack and re-sample are noticeable.

Thanks for making a great product!!!
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 03:44:48 pm »

I re-sample everything to 192000 as the Aurora doesn't like to change rates cleanly.  Turns out I had to go into Windows 10 audio setting and set the output to 192000/24 and everything synced up.

It's good that worked... but if it did you must be using Direct Sound and hence Shared Mode with your Audio Device, which means that the Windows Mixer is getting involved and remixing your audio. Fine if that is what you want, but not good if you want bit-perfect audio. You want to be using Exclusive Mode for bit-perfect audio, either ASIO or WASAPI.

Read the WDM Driver Wiki article. Lip sync when using the WDM Driver is a known issue, and the article has instructions on fixing it within MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2020, 12:37:42 pm »

Getting critical error where a module has "failed to load" during JMC 26.0.22 install. The error alludes to a "JRTools" failing to load. Image of error attached.

The funny thing is this is coming off a clean install (Sunday morning) of Windows 10 Pro x64 (1909 Build 18363.657) - latest build. Yes, I've got drivers installed. Yes, I'm a registered user of JRiver Media Center 26.

Possible antivirus problem. 

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 04:37:00 pm »

It's good that worked... but if it did you must be using Direct Sound and hence Shared Mode with your Audio Device, which means that the Windows Mixer is getting involved and remixing your audio. Fine if that is what you want, but not good if you want bit-perfect audio. You want to be using Exclusive Mode for bit-perfect audio, either ASIO or WASAPI.

Read the WDM Driver Wiki article. Lip sync when using the WDM Driver is a known issue, and the article has instructions on fixing it within MC.

Interesting...  I am using ASIO not Direct Sound.

Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 07:31:27 pm »

Interesting...  I am using ASIO not Direct Sound.

Okay, I'll correct myself: You were only getting lip-sync issues playing from a browser to the WDM Driver, and hence playing through MC. In that case, the browser is playing in Shared Mode and setting the Shared Mode to 192,000/24 in Windows just means that Windows upmixes the 48,000/16 audio from the browser to 192,000/24 before it is sent to the WDM, and that means MC doesn't have to upmix, and hence there is no delay in audio, and hence no lip-sync issue.

Well, if you made the Windows change against the WDM Driver settings, and of course the WDM Driver must be the default audio device for Windows.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 07:36:46 pm »

Okay, I'll correct myself: You were only getting lip-sync issues playing from a browser to the WDM Driver, and hence playing through MC. In that case, the browser is playing in Shared Mode and setting the Shared Mode to 192,000/24 in Windows just means that Windows upmixes the 48,000/16 audio from the browser to 192,000/24 before it is sent to the WDM, and that means MC doesn't have to upmix, and hence there is no delay in audio, and hence no lip-sync issue.

Well, if you made the Windows change against the WDM Driver settings, and of course the WDM Driver must be the default audio device for Windows.

Yep. That is correct. 

jack wallstreet

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 09:24:15 pm »

26.0.22 core overflow while analyzing 55,000 songs at about 29,000 songs.  Analysis continued until finished with no additional errors.  Same issue with 26.0.20 run with same analysis and file/song set.  Error message attached.  I have the log file but it was too big to attach.  Let me know if you want it.
John

sygnus21

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2020, 11:15:47 pm »

Getting critical error where a module has "failed to load" during JMC 26.0.22 install. The error alludes to a "JRTools" failing to load.

Possible antivirus problem.

It turned out to be a permissions issue - For some odd unexplainable reason I needed to give my "appData" folder permission to be accessed. Once I did that, all was good.

I found the offending issue by following the specified path in the error message for the file. Was intending to delete the file, but Once I got to "appData" I found I needed permission to access it. Once permission was granted, I tried the install again, and this time it installed without issue. All is well.

Thanks

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 06:35:25 pm »

> 5. NEW: When configuring auto-import, you can select "Include this folder only" to include a folder but not include subfolders.

Thanks guys! Been wanting this for years!

So, how stable is v.26 now? Is it good enough to qualify for the "Latest (may be less stable)" Update Channel?

Thanks again!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 06:43:11 pm »

26.0.22 is on the Stable Channel now and on the Download Page:

https://jriver.com/download.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up