INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Cloudplay on Remotes  (Read 5837 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
NEW: Cloudplay on Remotes
« on: February 13, 2020, 04:47:51 pm »

We've now got JRiver Cloudplay streaming working with some JRiver remotes.   Here's a summary of what works.

Playing to:                                                 Here (this device)              There (server)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panel                                                                 No                                 Yes

JRiver for Android Mobile                                     Yes                                Yes

JRiver for Android TV                                          Yes                                Yes

JRemote2                                                          No                                 No

Gizmo                                                               No                                 No

Instructions

You must have a Cloudplay account.

1.  From the remote device, load the library of the server, using Library Server.

2.  Select the playback zone.
         Here or Player is the remote device itself.  Plays on the remote device.
         There is the server.  Plays on the server.  This is meant for remote control of the server.

3.  If you want to play when you're away from home, on the router, you'll need to forward port 52199 (or 52200 for secure connections) to the server.  The wiki has a topic called Network  Access that explains more.

Thanks to Brad, Matt, and JohnT for getting this going.  It has a lot of moving parts.

Expect similar support for Cloudplay in JRemote2 soon.

Please note that JRiver for Android TV and Mobile are sold as the same product on the Play Store, but they are significantly different internally.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cloudplay and Remotes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:01:13 pm »

Gizmo? Now or planned?

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Cloudplay and Remotes
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:58 pm »

Maybe, but not likely.  We have our hands full.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Cloudplay on Remotes
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:21:06 pm »

Is this feature also coming to JRemote for IOS?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:14:22 am »

Is this feature also coming to JRemote for IOS?
Maybe.  Not likely though.

lightsout

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:33:15 am »

Any word on this coming to iOS? I see I can play some imported playlists. Just bought v27 hoping we get it at some point.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 12:37:56 am »

Slight tangent to the topic perhaps - but why is Gizmo been so unloved lately and relegated to the bottom of the heap? I like using the app or an app - it is a lot eaiser than trying to dial up the browser and remembering what I have to do to get Panel running. Much more of brag factor also with freinds over leave Panel running on the tablet and they go to town playing music - no training needed. It doesn't sound like it will ever get back up to the top of the list?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 07:10:48 am »

We don't generally work on things that work well.  Gizmo has been working well for a long time.  If you have a problem with it, please start a thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up