INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.29 -- Available Here  (Read 3390 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.29 -- Available Here
« on: February 26, 2020, 11:58:23 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260029.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260029-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.29 (2/25/2020)

1. NEW: Added a JRiver YouTube web service so that YouTube and trailers work again.
2. Changed: Updated Red October HQ to madVR to 0.92.17.
3. Fixed: Switching tracks would discard the sorting of a library list.
4. Changed: Lookup Lyrics will use Google last because it can return results formatted poorly.
5. Fixed: The audio tool could overflow in rare cases during audio analysis (it would message and ask to be reported).
6. Changed: Made the "Playback could not be started..." error message timeout after 15 seconds and just cancel.
7. Changed: Updated the Chromium web engine to the latest Chrome release.
8. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.20.
9. Changed: When checking for complete albums, the system will allow one or two duplicate album listings (side-by-side conversions) in the same folder.
10. Changed: Updated Chinese (traditional) translation (thanks Jason).
11. NEW: Made maximizing offscreen windows optional (Options > General > Advanced).

26.0.28 (2/21/2020)

1. NEW: Added a library backup task to the Task Scheduler (backup just uses the default backup location).
2. Fixed: DVB subtitles on time-shifted TV shows and JTV recordings were not displayed.
3. NEW: Ctrl+Alt+F opens the find and replace window.
4. Fixed: LAME MP3 encoding failed on files over roughly 15 minutes in length.
5. NEW: The find and replace tool uses comboboxes for the find and replace values that list the last eight choices entered.
6. Changed: List type fields show the auto-complete tooltip as a list on separate lines instead of a big string together with semi-colons.
7. NEW: Added commands to stop after a number of tracks to the stop menu (also added MCC_STOP_AFTER_TRACKS (10068)).
8. Changed: Streamlined PSIParser filter's PID mapping clean up code.
9. Changed: Made the tag window stop editing when it loses focus (except losing focus back to the file list because selecting another file should move the selection).

26.0.27 (2/19/2020)

1. Changed: Made the program no longer show a message when your iPod could not be identified.
2. Changed: Made drawing the cover art in the player window respect the border modes set in thumbnail options.
3. Faster: Drawing the artwork in the player window only happens when the area is flagged for drawing instead of on every drawing pass.

26.0.26 (2/19/2020)

1. Fixed: Uploading files larger than 4 GB to a handheld would make the progress corrupt.
2. Changed: Made the handheld sync status column a bit wider.

26.0.25 (2/19/2020)

1. Fixed: Some ZIP files would not decompress properly.
2. Fixed: Made the temporary filenames used by the CBZ, CBR, and EPUB thread-safe.

26.0.24 (2/18/2020)

1. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
2. Changed: Made the apply tags auto-import configuration window sizable.
3. Changed: Download from library server uses the original filename instead of building an unhelpful name.
4. Changed: The "Save this view..." command on the Customize View dialog will use the view name instead "My View".
5. Changed: If any part of a popup window overflows the monitor, it will be maximized (applies to DSP Studio, Options, etc.).
6. NEW: Added support for CBZ and CBR comic files and thumbnail the files nicely.
7. NEW: Made the program thumbnail EPUB books.

26.0.23 (2/14/2020)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.19.
2. Fixed: MC did not read "Lens type" field from Panasonic Maker Note directory in images.
3. NEW: HEIF Image Support.
4. Changed: Tuned the tab arrow size on high DPI.
5. Fixed: The manage channels dialog wouldn't always have the right size on dual monitor displays.
6. Fixed: Import could get into a loop analyzing files and crash (hopefully fixed, but feedback appreciated).

26.0.22 (2/7/2020)

1. Fixed: There were a couple unused DLLs in the install.

26.0.21 (2/6/2020)

1. NEW: A new television channel type - "Tuner Stream", for playing streaming video from HDHomeRun Prime tuners.  Right now only live streaming is supported.  No time-shifting, no recording.  EPG is supported.
2. Fixed: HD Channel streaming from HDHomeRun Prime tuners could not be played via File > Open URL...
3. Fixed: DVB TV engine might mistakenly unmap a subtitle PID and cause subtitles not displayed.
4. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
5. NEW: When configuring auto-import, you can select "Include this folder only" to include a folder but not include subfolders.
6. Changed: Renamed the trailer pre-show selection to "Movie Trailer" so that using the value won't use the trailer field from the file in the Showtime rules.
7. NEW: The pre-show field supports any value instead of only from the accepted list.
8. Changed: When playing an image slideshow, the playing file is no longer shown each time the image is switched.
9. Changed: The options window maximizes if any of the window coordinates are off the screen (can happen with really high DPI settings, etc.).
10. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
11. Changed: Updated all translations to the latest strings from the code.
12. Changed: Libraries marked with an unknown origin can be deleted.
13. Fixed: The Date field could be wrong upon importing some images.
14. Changed: Made getting artist images and composer images add to the most recently used menu.
15. Fixed: Google image lookup wasn't working.
15. Changed: Renamed TV option "Order File Delete confirmation options differently from non-TV media delete (permanent delete first) in Theater View" to "Show permanent delete as first choice for TV in Theater View delete confirmation".
16. Changed: Saving settings in a library backup was not enabled for a portable install.
17. Fixed: Right-clicking a playlist other than the selected one and doing 'Export Playlist...' was not working.
18. Fixed: Connecting to a library server from a client could stop playback on all other connected clients.
19: Fixed: Panel - When selecting a playback option, Panel would send duplicate play commands when playing to any zone other than the browser.

26.0.20 (1/24/20)

1. Changed: Made it so you can remove default library locations (because they might be old and unnecessary).
2. Fixed: Library restores could fail to work if a previous restore set the temporary directory to a directory that used slashes in the wrong direction for the platform.
3. Changed: Made the library creation portion of the benchmark faster again (also speeds up library creation in general).
4. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.17.
5. Changed: When evaluating Showtime rules, everything after the equal will be evaluated as an expression on the current file.  Makes it possible to use fields from the files to pick what to show.
6. Fixed: Memory leak, especially when syncing libraries back to a server.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.29 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »

When using DSP Parametric EQ if I type text to add comments to a divider row it is not persistant. It disappears in all but the last commented divider row when closed and reopened. Same if saved and loaded.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 04:31:04 pm »

"4. Fixed: LAME MP3 encoding failed on files over roughly 15 minutes in length."

MC got through my "massive" DXD file using Handheld Sync encoding to MP3. Never was able to before.

Hooray and thanks, Matt!

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124067.0.html
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

SirTom2015

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 08:39:48 pm »

My latest copy of MC26 (updated to the version posted here) seems to crash when accessing some of my shared library folders. I am running the same version on my server tower in another room. It tries to access the folder and it sputters a bit and then crashes. The folder is shared properly. Never had a problem accessing till today's update was installed. I have run MC26 in it's default safe mode to no avail. I have 15 folders full of music (all subdivided by genre) and mc26 is able to only access 5 folders. Before anyone asks, all folders are properly shared. The DNLA server works fine with my smart tv find it, and accessing every folder. Its just the app on my laptop. Laptop is an ASUS ROG with 16GB memory, Nvidia 980m video car, and an i7 4th gen.

Is anyone else running into crashing issues when accessing shared library folders with this latest update? No previous update has given me any problem prior to today.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 09:04:41 pm »

Antivirus?  I'll move this to a new thread.

SirTom2015

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.29 -- Available Here crash
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 09:27:22 pm »

Crash seems to be related to the new chromium engine. I went back to the explorer option just on a whim and all files open up again just like before. I checked my antivirus also. firewall is set up to allow mc26 to pass through. I use Windows defender.

Oh well, it works. I will wait till future build appear to see if I can go back to chromium as I prefer that interface, especially since explorer is outdated, and prone to being compromised.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 11:27:07 pm »

When I "detach display", then put the detached display on a second monitor, the "always on top" toggle works correctly if the detached display is not maximized (you right click and you can make it "always on top" or not). However, when maximized, the detached display seems permanently "always on top".

Or perhaps this is by design. The always on top toggle is no longer available when maximized.

This significantly reduces its usefulness. I use a second monitor that is mirrored to a projector. I want to be able to seamlessly display PowerPoints back and forth with the detached display. If you need me to explain better (maybe) I can, but it would be great to have the option to turn off the "always on top" feature when the detached display is maximized.

I am posting this as a bug as that's what it seems. Sorry if its not.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 07:29:44 am »

When using DSP Parametric EQ if I type text to add comments to a divider row it is not persistant. It disappears in all but the last commented divider row when closed and reopened. Same if saved and loaded.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce.  I add two divider rows and set the text for each.  Close and reopen DSP Studio and the text is still there.  Save and load the DSP profile and the text is still there.

Any other hints on this one?  Anyone else?  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 10:36:16 am »

When I "detach display", then put the detached display on a second monitor, the "always on top" toggle works correctly if the detached display is not maximized (you right click and you can make it "always on top" or not). However, when maximized, the detached display seems permanently "always on top".

Or perhaps this is by design. The always on top toggle is no longer available when maximized.

This significantly reduces its usefulness. I use a second monitor that is mirrored to a projector. I want to be able to seamlessly display PowerPoints back and forth with the detached display. If you need me to explain better (maybe) I can, but it would be great to have the option to turn off the "always on top" feature when the detached display is maximized.

I am posting this as a bug as that's what it seems. Sorry if its not.

Next build:
Changed: A detached display will only be always on top if the setting is set (instead of always).

Thanks for the report.

Catskinner

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 11:14:41 am »

I'm still unable to log to my youtube account from the streaming menu because Google still claims the browser isn't secure enough.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 08:12:55 pm »

Thanks Matt! You guys have been on a roll lately. Looking forward to it!

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 12:42:05 am »

Using 26.0.29 and latest version of JRemote2 and MO4 Media.
Composer images show up properly in MC but not in the remotes. Maybe 1 percent of composer images in JRemote show up properly but the rest are just album art. I'm certain they were showing up properly a month ago. Artist images are still working fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up