INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I stop jpg and other non-audio files from being imported  (Read 604 times)

Striker

• World Citizen
How do I stop jpg and other non-audio files from being imported
« on: February 27, 2020, 11:05:27 am »

When I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer and choose MediaCenter->Import... if there are any jpg files (like folder.jpg) or other non-audio files... MediaCenter imports them.  I only want audio files imported.

How do I stop MediaCenter from importing non-audio files?

I use MediaCenter for audio only and never want any non-audio files in my library.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I stop jpg and other non-audio files from being imported
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 11:10:55 am »

Set up auto import options.  You can specify the file types you want there.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 11:16:02 am »

Set up auto import options.  You can specify the file types you want there.

I have AutoImport set up and even have "ignore folder.jpg" checked.

When I run AutoImport, jpg files are NOT imported.

But when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer and choose MediaCenter->Import, MediaCenter DOES import jpg files in that folder.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 12:22:41 pm »

When I run AutoImport, jpg files are NOT imported.

But when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer and choose MediaCenter->Import, MediaCenter DOES import jpg files in that folder.

Importing from Explorer ... that’s manual importing ... auto import setting don’t apply to that

EDIT: it’s like going to Import option in MC and choosing [Import Single Folder]

AutoImport setting is for MC to periodically check folders you specified in AutoImport (there are options how often and when AutoImport is ran ... you can manually start AutoImport by choosing Run AutoImport Now)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 12:41:31 pm »

If you select Tools - Import - Single Folder you can select what file types to import.  It will remember your selections.  You do not have to use Auto Import to select the file types to import.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 12:48:31 pm »

If you select Tools - Import - Single Folder you can select what file types to import.  It will remember your selections.  You do not have to use Auto Import to select the file types to import.

Thank You.  To be clear, I think you are saying that I cannot filter what is imported when importing using MediaCenter->Import from Windows Explorer.

If true, I guess I either have to lived with it or change my process to use "Tools - Import - Single Folder" which takes lots more clicking to navigate to that folder to import, when I'm already there in Windows Explorer since I just copied the folder(s) there.

I never use "Auto-Import"... I import as I add new music to MC and make sure the tagging is correct.

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 02:27:41 pm »

My recommendation would be to not use File Explorer integration at all.  Not for anything.

Why would I say such a strange thing?  Because it does not behave in the same way that MC's core functions behave.  Explorer integration does things in a different way that's rather confusing if you are doing anything more than very casual use.

This is just my opinion.  You can happily ignore me if you'd like.

Either way, I wish you good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up