INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Played / Last Accessed attributes?  (Read 699 times)

xsfo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Last Played / Last Accessed attributes?
« on: April 27, 2003, 02:36:35 am »

Usually I play my all songs with a Smartlist of Sort: Random and Last Played > 7200 so that I don't hear any one song too often. Essentially I am filtering on the Last Played attribute. Unfortunately Last Played doesn't get set/updated until a song has played past the 50% or halfway point.

My problem is often times I skip forward a song but before it plays up to the halfway point. I can decide within a second or two that I don't want to listen to it. When I skip past the song, the Last Played attribute is not updated. If I restart or reload my Smartlist, the songs I skipped will reappear in the Playing Now because as far as MC9 knows, the skipped songs haven't been played recently. These are also songs that I do want to listen to, just not all that often so I can't just set the rating to a low value.

My current workaround is to fast forward within the song to the second half using the playback slider before skipping to the next. Needless to say, this workaround is sort of half-assed and awkward.

While it may be too much to ask for an adjustable Last Played setting, is there a Last Accessed attribute? A Last Accessed attribute would only be updated to the current date/time if a song was played for even an instant. This attribute would obviously help me in my usage, but I'm sure it would be useful for other applications.

Or... how about weighted playback where songs with higher ratings are more likely to be played?
Pages: [1]   Go Up