INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Other Sound and Media Disabled after MC Use  (Read 550 times)

daveapru1

Other Sound and Media Disabled after MC Use
« on: April 23, 2020, 02:39:44 pm »

Hi:

I recently downloaded MC for windows so that I could play DSD files since I was having trouble doing so with MM.  I use a Benchmark DAC2 connected through USB.  I configured MC to use ASIO output.  My issue is that after I have run MC (whether it is still open or closed) I cannot play audio through any other programs until I reboot.  It seems to affect certain video playback as well. For example I am unable to play youtube videos after I have used MC.  VLC player will play videos, but without sound.  I was able to get it working once or twice by tweaking the Benchmark device settings from windows, but have not been able to repeat that reliably.  I understand that ASIO does not have an ability to disable exclusivity.  I have therefore tried other output modes such as  DirectSound and Wasapi, but the same thing happens and then I have issues playing my DSD files in MC.  I have searched the forums and the Wiki and am so far unable to find a solution.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Other Sound and Media Disabled after MC Use
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 02:42:50 pm »

In audio setting, uncheck "Exclusive Mode".

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 02:43:37 pm »

Make sure your drivers are up to date:
https://benchmarkmedia.com/pages/dac-drivers
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

daveapru1

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 02:54:38 pm »

Thanks for the quick replies.  Benchmark driver is up to date.  "Exclusive Mode" cannot be unchecked for ASIO audio output.  I have disabled it when trying other outputs as well as in the device setting through windows, both to no avail.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:37:52 pm »

When you are done playing in MC, make sure you hit Stop, not just  Pause.  Stop releases the device from Exclusive access.

daveapru1

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 03:46:20 pm »

Thanks very much.  I get the same result hitting stop vs. pause.  Even after I close MC, I can't play audio through any other program until I reboot.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 03:51:13 pm »

"Exclusive Mode" cannot be unchecked for ASIO audio output.  I have disabled it when trying other outputs as well as in the device setting through windows, both to no avail.
That's odd.  Try WASAPI and Direct Sound to see what happens.

Are you sure you're in the right place?  MC Tools > Options > Audio > Device Settings

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 03:56:55 pm »

The Benchmark DAC2 supports DSD through DoP. Therefore, you should be able to play DSD using WASAPI.  That probably does not apply to your problem, but I thought I would point that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up