INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denon AVR doesn't show up as Zone  (Read 788 times)

Hendrik58

• Recent member
Denon AVR doesn't show up as Zone
« on: April 25, 2020, 08:26:58 am »

Hello everyone,
I have the following issue:
My Denon AVR X2600H doesn`t show up as a zone in MediaCenter, so it's not accessible, and I have no clue why... For example my TV does show up, also a different computer (also running MC) - not problems at all.
Even the Denon Mediaserver Software can find JRiver as a DLNA-Server and is able to access and play content. But the other way around doesn't work  :-[
Hardware info:
Windows 10
5G wifi (yes, all components in the same network)
MC 26.
I would appreciate your help and suggestions!
Hendrik

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Denon AVR doesn't show up as Zone
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 08:58:07 am »

DLNA devices can sometimes work in one direction but not the other.

Hendrik58

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 09:25:16 am »

Ok, but all I actually want is to stream on the AVR, I don't actually need the DLNA server...
Cheers, Hendrik

Hendrik58

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 01:46:30 pm »

DLNA devices can sometimes work in one direction but not the other.
Or possibly any configuratoin in the Windows Defender?

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 02:37:13 pm »

I have a Sony Media Player on the front end of my preamp.  Sometimes my router just decides not see it anymore and it will not show in JRiver.  And, all the while, JRiver and router are seeing the TV and Marantz TV amp but not the Sony.  My hack is to turn the router off and back on.  Then it sees it again and JRiver can pick it up. 

I tried turning the Sony on and off, disconnecting it from the router and then reconnecting, rebooting the computer, reconfiguring the wifi connection between the Sony and the router.  None of those worked to get it to show in JRiver even though when I reconnected the Sony to the wifi it said it was connected with no issues.  But, turning the router off and then back on does the trick.  So, I have no explanation for what is actually happening but just know how to fix it. 

BTW - I never had this problem with the previous AT&T router.  I changed to NorthlandCable and now have this happen about once every three weeks.  It is aggravating but at least the fix is pretty easy. 

Hendrik58

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 02:33:15 pm »

Thanks to all of you, apparently it turns up, after I reboot the AVR, turning the router on and off doesn't make a difference in my case. But yeah, with the former router there was no prob at all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up