INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can DLNA client be made default player?  (Read 719 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Can DLNA client be made default player?
« on: May 07, 2020, 12:09:30 am »

I am sure this is covered somewhere if it's possible, but I can't find where. 

I no longer have a DAC connected to my computer, so the PC plays to my monitor's attached speakers.  MC now is set up to play the library's music to a microRendu via DLNA.

When I start MC, it defaults to the crappy monitor speakers, I need to select the microRendu as the destination, and then I need to select the audio screen I want to use.  Lots of mouse clicks to get to the place I want to go every time I have to restart MC.

Is there a way to have MC choose the microRendu as the default player and have the default startup screen ("Audio") apply to the microRendu rather than the PC's default outpit?  Thanks for any info you can provide.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can DLNA client be made default player?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 01:22:03 am »

I think the answer is yes... and no.

MC will use the last Zone if it can. If the last Zone was a Dynamic Zone, and that Zone is no longer visible, MC will default to a visible Zone. It always takes a while for a DLNA Renderer to announce itself and for MC to find it.

A DLNA Renderer like the microRendu is a Dynamic Zone. It always takes a while for a DLNA Renderer to announce itself and for MC to find it. If you started the microRendu, then the PC, and then started MC, with a delay between each, MC may see and retain the Zone selection on the microRendu. It may not. In fact, even if the microRendu is announced, MC still needs to find it. So you will probably get the same problem.

There is a Zone toggle Hotkey in MC: Ctrl+T. Using that could shorten your current process, once the microRendu has been seen by MC. I think there is a Hotkey to jump to the Audio section as well. Certainly, there is a command in to use Theatre View, but if memory serves there is a command for Standard View as well. Or you could just use the mouse.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 02:04:21 am »

Setup a ZoneSwitch Rule?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 02:10:09 am »

...say like this?
JRiver CEO Elect

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 02:37:08 am »

I thought the Zoneswitch rule forgot the DLNA Renderer Zone to play to if it didn't exist when MC started up, or tried to play to the non-existent Dynamic Zone.

Well, it does forget until the Dynamic Zone appears in MC, and after that Zoneswitch works and MC will play to the DLNA Renderer.

So I guess that is the answer.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 02:55:59 am »

Thank you. I wasn't aware of ZoneSwitch, but I found it on the Player menu.  Based on what I saw in jmone's post, I set up the rule in the screenshot.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work.  Is there something incorrect in my syntax?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 06:39:44 am »

The wiki has topics on Zones and Zoneswitch.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 07:22:44 am »

Take the spaces out of the rule.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 10:10:54 am »

Take the spaces out of the rule.

Thanks. I will give this a try.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 10:14:36 am »

And it worked!

Thank you again.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 11:49:27 pm »

;D
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up