INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 26.0.106 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 6083 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 26.0.106 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: August 11, 2020, 09:02:22 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 26.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260106.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v26/latest/MediaCenter260106-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

26.0.106 (8/10/2020)

1. Fixed: Modern Cards (Dark) frames fixed (thanks Marko).
2. Fixed: You can no longer keyboard navigate or double click to select the Add Library tree item.

26.0.105 (8/7/2020)

1. Changed: Passing an invalid date to the SetInfo call will return <Response Status="Failure"/> instead of setting an empty date.
2. Changed: Calls to the MCWS SetInfo will be logged for undo.
3. Fixed: Encoding a FLAC with "Verify encoding" enabled could result in a crash in some situations.
4. Fixed: Crash could have happened when audio analysis ran on missing files (files in MC's database but deleted or no longer in that location on disk).

26.0.104 (8/5/2020)

1. Changed: Display of list fields stores ";" for the delimiter but now displays "; " for the delimiter in file lists.
2. Fixed: Conversion would not always work properly.
3. Fixed: When replacing files during a convert, ISO and other numbered files will no longer delete the original file (since there could be more tracks in it).
4. Fixed: Open Weather map for Theater View weather was not working.
5. Changed: Some tuning of lyrics lookup to make Google work again, make slashes in artist names work, etc.
6. Fixed: APE ratings did not get written to the file tags.

26.0.103 (7/31/2020)

1. Changed: When loading dates from an APE file, if no "Date" field is found, the "Year" field will be read (which could contain a full date).
2. Fixed: FLAC streams would not all play.
3. Fixed: EPUB books without sidecars would not import.
4. Fixed: Possible crashes when using list controls.
5. Fixed: The image file field did not support the smartlist modes properly.
6. Changed: Removed AZ Lyrics from lookup.
7. Changed: Only 10 files at a time are allowed for lyrics lookup.
8. Fixed: ATSC Closed Captioning did not work since build 85.

26.0.102 (7/22/2020)

1. Fixed: The Portable Library feature would match case when replacing paths (so miss a lot of them).

26.0.101 (7/17/2020)

1. Changed: Marked SSA/ASS subtitles as not movable by madVR in ROHQ.
2. Changed: The tooltip for the enviro expression function was not correct.
3. Fixed: The example for the RatingStars10 function incorrectly had brackets.
4. Fixed: When exporting all playlists, cancelling on the format dialog would just pick the M3U format.
5. Fixed: Media Center would crash when trying to remove a non-existing column from sorting in file views.
6. Fixed: Setting television channel logos was not working.

26.0.100 (7/10/2020)

1. Changed: Clean up of some code from build 99.

26.0.99 (7/10/2020)

1. Fixed: "mov" video files would get imported as mp4, instead of properly remaining mov.
2. Fixed: The second parameter of the IsDigit expression function would not be used.
3. Changed: The "Add to Playing Now" toolbar button just adds instead of adds and plays.
4. Changed: Updated Modern Cards Dark standard view skin (thanks marko).
5. Fixed: Using the Range() expression with a negative count could result in an infinite loop.
6. Fixed: The NoArticles expression function had a bad example.
7. Changed: The StackCount(...) expression returns one greater.
8. Changed: Audio Analysis no longer puts a leading zero in front of the Waveform data items.

26.0.98 (6/26/2020)

1. Changed: Trying to fully disable and re-enable hot keys if the option "Translate hot keys when running as Media Server" is not set.

26.0.97 (6/26/2020)

1. Fixed: Adaptive volume was not part of a DSP preset.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gabry_B

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 26.0.106 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 07:07:46 am »

I don't know if it is a bug but I noticed a strange thing regarding TAG saving when converting file format by "Details" view:

I explain you the question point by point:

1) I select album or files to convert;
2) I click on Convert Format;
3) I click in Action Windows on "Details";
4) I start converting files.

When conversion finish (HDD activity led on my PC show no activity), if I click on any other view (Albums for example), Status Bar show TAGs writing of all files converted (now HDD activity led on my PC show activity).

Why from "Details" JR applies TAGs to converted files only when I change view?
What happens If a close JR from "Details" without changing view first? It doesn't apply TAGs? (I don't want to try for the moment!)

When I can, I'll check all albums TAGs, I hope it's all ok.

Thank you!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:18:40 pm »

When Converting Format MC copies all the relevant Tags from the source files to the output files. The "Details" view only ever shows the source files, since they still exist in the MC Library, which is why you have to change views to see the details/tags for the output files. That HDD activity you are seeing when you change views is probably MC re-reading the updated library/database and not it writing the tags to the "converted files/tracks"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Gabry_B

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 03:23:56 am »

When Converting Format MC copies all the relevant Tags from the source files to the output files. The "Details" view only ever shows the source files, since they still exist in the MC Library, which is why you have to change views to see the details/tags for the output files. That HDD activity you are seeing when you change views is probably MC re-reading the updated library/database and not it writing the tags to the "converted files/tracks"

Thank you EnglishTiger,
I just converted some files to verify, and "Status Bar" indicates "Saving tag changes (XXX remaining)".
Is the same as when you change a TAG on many files and the saving counter start.

I took a screenshot "on the fly" when changing view from convert format "Details" to "Albums" (try to see attached image).

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 07:52:19 pm »

Bug:  Started with version 26.0.103...
When recording a television program, if you start to watch it while it's still recording, the program HARD-locks, and the overlay at the bottom of the screen showing Channel, Program persists onscreen even if you CTRL-SHIFT-ESC to bring up the task manager. Computer restart is required to correct the program lock.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 12:26:13 am »

26.0.104 (8/5/2020)
1. Changed: Display of list fields stores ";" for the delimiter but now displays "; " for the delimiter in file lists.

This change also needs to be applied to list fields (i.e. Artist) when they are used in the Player or the Status Bar.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 06:15:38 pm »

Artist images ... option right clicking on the album art either on standard view or display view makes no effect. Only album art is displayed. No artist images are loaded from internet. Works on Theater view on Playing now, though.

DJLegba

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:05 pm »

With an album selected, scroll down in the tag editor to the Waveform field, delete the [Varies] value and press Enter. Scroll back up to the Composer field, correct the composer name and press Enter. The tag editor accepts the change but moves the focus back down to the Waveform field.

Speaking of the Waveform field, this displays in the metadata section of JRemote, and in other places where it's a nuisance. I'm sure many people run a headless server and only use MC to edit tags and set up views. It would be nice if we could tell MC not to write this enormous value we never use.

Finally, why does it take MC so long to complete writing the Waveform fields after importing an album? I manually run Analyze Audio, then spend a bit of time cleaning up tags. Then I select the album and delete all the Waveform values, but a few minutes later I have to delete more again - even though MC hasn't said anything about updating tags. The library is on a local SSD.

dac2020

• Recent member
DSP studio analyzer view disappeared?
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 10:23:56 am »

Hello, I hope someone can help me recover the analyzer view that used to open up when I select DSP Studio, and clicked on "Analyzer" but has now disappeared.   It seemed to have disappeared after I played with the number in a text box in the right bottom corner where it displayed "18".   I played with it by changing it to 20, 25 etc., then it suddenly disappeared after a couple of such changes.  I put 18 back but its still gone.   I thought that number represents the upper limit of the X-axis that was in Hz and that's why I wanted to change it to higher.

I really like that view as it is supposed to show clip protection and flat line overflows whatever they are supposed to mean.   Anyone know what caused the disappearance and how to get it back?

Thank you

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP studio analyzer view disappeared?
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 10:30:33 am »

Hello, I hope someone can help me recover the analyzer view that used to open up when I select DSP Studio, and clicked on "Analyzer" but has now disappeared.   It seemed to have disappeared after I played with the number in a text box in the right bottom corner where it displayed "18".   I played with it by changing it to 20, 25 etc., then it suddenly disappeared after a couple of such changes.  I put 18 back but its still gone.   I thought that number represents the upper limit of the X-axis that was in Hz and that's why I wanted to change it to higher.

I really like that view as it is supposed to show clip protection and flat line overflows whatever they are supposed to mean.   Anyone know what caused the disappearance and how to get it back?

Thank you

If I enter a negative number it goes away, but comes back as soon as I enter a positive number.

Try entering a positive number and maybe try a reboot?

Let us know.  Thanks.

dac2020

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2020, 10:36:27 am »

Thank you, but I did put back in a positive number, that is, 18 as it showed originally when I first opened it.   I have also rebooted the computer already since.  Should I uninstall MC26 and re-install it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2020, 10:38:53 am »

Thank you, but I did put back in a positive number, that is, 18 as it showed originally when I first opened it.   I have also rebooted the computer already since.  Should I uninstall MC26 and re-install it?

Try entering some other numbers, but if nothing brings it back, a backup, uninstall, reinstall, restore might be needed.  I can't reproduce it going away permanently.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 10:37:24 am »

While helping this guy https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126683.msg878405.html#msg878405

stumble on something funny... here are steps to reproduce:

1. create MC shortcut
2. in short cut properties choose ... Run -> Normal Window
3. start MC ... resize MC so it is not maximum size
4. close MC
5. in short cut properties choose ... Run -> Minimized
6. start MC ... it will start minimized in task bar
7. click on minimized MC in task bar to bring MC window up ... for me its just a black window

I can reproduce this every time. Not sure it its related to what other guy is facing (his window appear cropped with parts of MC interface missing ... maybe his and my differences comes from him using AMD and me using NV ... or it can be totally unrelated)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

crysaliq

• Recent member
  • Truth is worth paying for, but cannot be earned.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 05:36:22 am »

When using a Creative Zen X-Fi as a portable device, when it has two copies of the same track, but with differing bps, when you try deleting one of the tracks, both tracks get deleted from the device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up