INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Hairstyle Suggestion  (Read 1643 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
A Hairstyle Suggestion
« on: April 18, 2003, 03:08:13 am »

This is not a biggie.  This is not a show stopper.  I don't even expect to see it until after you guys get a well desrved holiday but...
When using the album grouping in Hairstyle it sometimes produces what to me seem ather illogical results even tho it is set to group when logical :D
I have a view scheme set up to show Album Artist/Album.  If I navigate one level into this view scheme eg Album Artist, if an artist only has one album HS shows thumbnails for all their tracks, if they have more than one album it shows one thumbnail per album.  If i navigate to the next level eg Albums it shows all albums.  I think would be more logical at an artist level to always show album thumbnails and at an Album level to always show track thumbnails.  This way the view is logically working its way through the hierachy of the tree.  Also it appears more consistent.

Keep up the good work...

Adam

P.S. Jim H, which problem that I had was the new JRImage.dll going to sort out?  I wasn't sure what you were referring to... If it was the F11 thing then I am afraid it is still there.

P.P.S  A little thing and I am not sure if this is MC related or WMP related.  When watching a video using the WMP engin in MC Full Screen about every 10 minutes or so the view jumps back to MEGA ME and I have to return to FUll Screen again by dbl clicking on the video.  Not a showstopper but a pain nonetheless...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re: A Hairstyle Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 09:00:34 am »

Another smallie again not a show stopper.  We now have the auto hide option in HS but any chance that we could have a return to HS as part of it when a show has finished??
Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 09:38:13 am »

This is not Hairstyle related per se but video related.  When you dbl click on certain videos to make them go full screen, if they are using the WMP9 engine you cannot right click to get the pop up menu, nor get the auto hide bars to appear.  I would be happy to send a clip which this affects so you can test it.

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 09:47:42 am »

I found the same problem, but it was because I was using the beta version of WMP9.  Updating WMP9 cured it.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 12:27:54 pm »

Thanks Jim.  All sorted.  i thought I had the latest version but it must have reverted back to the beta when I upgraded to XP Pro.  Cheers for the tip!!

Adam

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 03:44:28 pm »

I have a suggestion for hairstyle:

I can't figure out how to make the "outline" focused item move from the left "tree" to the right "list" by using my remote control (emulating cursor keys)

For instance, I'm happily browsing through albums and playlists on the left side, and I'd like to move the cursor over to the right side so I can play one of the items that're halfway down the list.  The "Right" key on the keyboard/remote doesn't seem to work.  What key does?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

sraymond

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2003, 05:08:58 pm »

Tab.

Scott-

Benjamin0

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2003, 12:40:22 am »

Hi

Some new suggestions or small Bugs for the Hairstyle:

- Option for Configurate the size of PIP

- i don't understand why is it so long to move from item of the Menu to another one....

- If don't use auto-hide, and configure Nview to see full screen for the 2 screen, there is no probleme to watch TV in full screen but when you start timeshifting, the Hairstyle comeback on the 2nde screen even it's playing the timeshifting ( the probleme don't exist  with record)

- Auto Import after capture file in Hairstyle , actually i have to quit Hairstyle and import manually ( so i have to stand up from by Bed, you how it's hard.....)

- Configure text ( not only Name song ,but artist , album....) under thumbnail

- In the Playing now: the yellow selection can show the file what is actually play

- My Archos Multimédia Jukebox is not show in Cd & DVD Menu even I see it in Mega-Me in Cd, DVD & Handhelds

- When you watch Tv, maybe an other Menu ( without delete the original one) with all the channels can be usefull

Thank you very much for all your hard work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up