INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.154 available here  (Read 3499 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.154 available here
« on: April 17, 2003, 01:38:24 pm »

Media Center 9.0.154 is available.  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90154.exe

1. Fixed: JRImage.dll will explicitly be loaded from the system directory. (in case old copies were sitting somewhere else)
2. Fixed: Search bar didn't highlight properly with XP ClearType fonts enabled.
3. Fixed: Improved error handling during image aquisition from digital cameras.
4. Changed: TiVo Main Menu titles.
5. Fixed: Changed TiVo port to 8079, so Media Server and TiVo Publisher can run side-by-side.
6. Fixed: Image resizing now goes to correct size.
7. Fixed: some file names were causing Media Server to show a message box.
8. Fixed: Location based Media Library view schemes could not show subfolders in some cases.
9. Changed: Location based Media Library view schemes show (unassigned) folder for files not in any subfolder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Media Center 9.0.154 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 02:39:36 pm »

I reported this a while ago, but it's still there: If you send ffwd/rew commands to a zone where nothing is playing (this might be only with windows message commands, I haven't tried the other type) no matter if it is the active zone or not, MC will simply close after some seconds. No error message, nothing. It just dissappears like the Iraqi information minister...  ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:41:40 pm »

Two Hairstyle bugs:
PiP doesn't work for Quicktimes. They seem to be full screen size, but with the top left corner pinned to the top left of the PiP.
There is nothing under Display Options

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 03:42:50 pm »

Just a reminder that we're looking for

BIG BUGS ONLY.

Anything else, please start a new thread and see if other people are seeing the same thing.

We're down to the point where it's hard to separate problems in Media Center from other problems, so if you aren't certain, please start a new thread.

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 05:01:21 pm »

thanks for fixing bombing out in hairstyle....

bug: still nothing in display options. just an empty screen.

and still a black screen for TV

Ingo

phelt

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 05:13:16 pm »

In CD, DVD, & Handhelds:
Clicking on my DVD reader which contains a DVD = crash.

If the DVD was already in the drive when MC was launched, the crash is immediate. If the DVD is inserted after MC was launched, I spend a lot of time looking at the "Analyzing Devices..." popup before the crash.

Tried this with several DVD's, all commercial releases (Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, etc). No problem playing back DVD's in that reader using PowerDVD XP.

Media Center Registered 9.0.154 -- G:\mp3\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 3058 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1719 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:14  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive L: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

More Info:
DVD drive: Lite-On 163D
Crash type: Program Error, Media Jukebox.exe
I have a Dr Watson dump log if that will help.

naven_r_johnson

• Recent member
  • don't take any wooden nickles...
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 07:04:45 pm »

I have been trying to get any of the stations that DO work to stream to a remote computer on my LAN using Media Server.  

I start by playing the station on my server, go to Playing Now, right click and add to a play list.  I then try to play from the client machine and always get one error or another, and in some cases a crash.  

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 09:12:48 pm »

I use StarDownloader. Is this an issue with ALL download programs or do some work. The download is MUCH faster using a download utility.

[Shortened by JimH.  I deleted the last one because this is a BIG BUG thread and this one is not a bug at all.  I'll delete later today.  Please start a thread on it if necessary.]
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

greid

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 10:00:46 pm »

BUG

MC 9 hangs ('Program Not Responding') when it tries to /File/Open Media File and the file is a .WAV file that has been written by MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab 3.  Media Editor, either inside of MC 9 via the Tools menu or from outside MC 9 when Media Editor is run alone, opens the file correctly.  The Open function of MC 9 should be fixed, MC 9 should not hang even if it is not able to read the file.  Media Editor does it right.  It would be acceptable for MC 9 to issue a message that the file is 'Unreadable', but it is not acceptable for the program to just hang.
Gordon

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 06:05:52 am »

MC 9 hangs ('Program Not Responding') when it tries to /File/Open Media File and the file is a .WAV file that has been written by MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab 3.  Media Editor, either inside of MC 9 via the Tools menu or from outside MC 9 when Media Editor is run alone, opens the file correctly.  The Open function of MC 9 should be fixed, MC 9 should not hang even if it is not able to read the file.  Media Editor does it right.  It would be acceptable for MC 9 to issue a message that the file is 'Unreadable', but it is not acceptable for the program to just hang.

Could you send one of the files that hangs MC to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 07:18:39 am »

Even if I have set it to "No jump" in options Hairstyle jumps to full screen mode in this version every time I use enter to play something. I sure hope this is a bug...  Less options and choices are not what we're after here, if we were we would go for Windows XP Media Center Edition instead of MC9!  ;)

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 07:30:01 am »

I have been trying to get any of the stations that DO work to stream to a remote computer on my LAN using Media Server.  

I start by playing the station on my server, go to Playing Now, right click and add to a play list.  I then try to play from the client machine and always get one error or another, and in some cases a crash.  

I need more details please: which station are you trying? What error message do you get? What crashes - Media Center or Media Server?

Thanks,

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 07:57:14 am »

I found the Media Server streaming problem. Fixed in the next build

j

NoCodeUK

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 08:49:09 am »

Mastiff,

There is an option for this.  It is in the Hairstyle Setup Menu and is called auto hide...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2003, 09:18:47 am »

Media Center is still asking for a username and password for our proxy server when accessing a media server.

And if loading that media server library fails (because it's offline), MC doesn't give me an option of loading a different library. It just exits.

And the thumbnail selection bug, while not BIG, is certainly very annoying. Especially when you're trying to eliminate duplicate images from your library.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2003, 09:21:52 am »

And if loading that media server library fails (because it's offline), MC doesn't give me an option of loading a different library. It just exits.

It should load the Default library at that point.  I've never seen it do anything other than that.

I assume you've tried loading your default library and that it works.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2003, 09:25:19 am »

I also have a local library. And unfortunately I can't confirm which is set to default. I know that the remote library was the last one successfully loaded, and that's the one that MC keeps trying to load when I start it.

And it's offline, so MC just complains that it can't load it and then exits.

If this is because it is set to be the default library, it still might want to be changed, since ordinarily I want it to be the default and load automatically, but if for some reason media server isn't running at home, then it's nice to fall back on the smaller local library that I have here at work.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2003, 09:28:33 am »

I was able to get MC to load by editting the registry, so I'm able to get into Library Manager now.

There doesn't appear to be anyway to set a library to be the default. So how is that determined? Is it just the first one created? The last one? Or the last library loaded?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2003, 10:28:12 am »

Mastiff,
There is an option for this.  It is in the Hairstyle Setup Menu and is called auto hide...

Adam

Can't find it. And it has never happened to earlier builds. Does it mean that it's on by default in this version? Also, do you mean in the Setup you find when going into Hairstyle? I can't see it there.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2003, 11:02:45 am »

Yes it is on by deault and yes it is in the hairstyle setup options.  Its called aut hide.  turn it off and the behavior goes back to "normal".  I have just tetsed it...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2003, 12:28:36 pm »

In the last 2 builds I, I have been unable to run some avi files . . . .
these had been viewed in previous versions of MC9.  Now, one file has audio and NO video, the other has neither audio or video and has the same visualization message. (MediaCenter cannot display visualizations for this file type).
The third one works having both audio & video . . .  all Avi files   ?
Mpg file worked ok.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2003, 12:42:57 pm »

Adam, I really have to stop smoking all this fresh air! It's clearly rotting my brain. I forgot I had restored a former image after I got annoyed by the jump to full screen, so I was looking for that option in MC beta 149...  :-[

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2003, 12:57:21 pm »

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2003, 01:10:57 pm »

Some of that Quicktime playback instability that I reported earlier on is back.

After playing a Quicktime file, MC crashes.

If I transition from one Quicktime file to another, it's no problem, but as soon as it jumps to a WMP file or playback stops altogether, MC crashes. Sometimes with a Media Core error, and sometimes it just vanishes, leaving no trace execpt for an orphaned system tray icon.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2003, 01:14:39 pm »

Thanks, Jim, I feel better already!  ;D Especially since spring has finally sprung here in the Arctic north (hence the smoking of fresh air).

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2003, 01:15:14 pm »

Also, when I start Quicktime playback, the player window kind of stops responding. The bottom bar isn't drawn completely and none of the buttons work. Sometimes I am able to click the buttons (like to switch to fullscreen for instance) but it's usually not immediate, and sometimes I can't click them at all.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2003, 01:25:01 pm »

I blame the heat.  It has been sunny here in England and we are not used to it!!  Seriously tho...the WMP thing is still coming back occasionally so its not just me being crazy!! :D

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2003, 01:30:04 pm »

We're having WM video problems right now.  They will get sorted out before release.
Pages: [1]   Go Up