INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading a Library on the Shield  (Read 1779 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Loading a Library on the Shield
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:59:32 pm »

I had some trouble getting JRiver for Android to load a remote library from Library Server.

I think this is what finally worked.

When you enter the remote library's login and password, there is a point where the popup box still shows what you've entered and the focus is on Cancel.  I mistakenly thought I could use the arrow key on my keyboard to move over to Done on the right of the keyboard.  That didn't work.

What did work was to use the mouse pointer on the remote to move to Confirm.  Then it loaded the library.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Loading a Library on the Shield
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 06:24:28 pm »

I had the same issue loading a Library on my Sony TV. It is an Android TV navigation issue. I figured I was just the only person that didn't know how to navigate Android TV using an Infrared Remote.  ?

As I was only using the TV's infrared remote control because I don't have a keyboard or mouse connected to the TV. The solution for me was to press the Back button on the remote once I had entered the password using the onscreen keyboard. That left the focus on the Cancel button, but I could then press the right arrow on the remote to select the Confirm button, then OK on the remote to confirm.

Note also that pressing the Up arrow on the remote after using the onscreen keyboard to enter the password acted in the same way as the Done button. It cancelled the loading of the Library. Although it did look like it was trying to load the Library as the spinning icon sat there spinning until I backed out of the load function altogether. I suspect that could be improved.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 06:32:54 pm »

It cancelled the loading of the Library. Although it did look like it was trying to load the Library as the spinning icon sat there spinning until I backed out of the load function altogether. I suspect that could be improved.
Well, yes.

I saw the same.  A failure to confirm still looked like it was trying to load the library.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 12:32:10 pm »

It took me several days to figure out this issue. Quite frustrating. Not sure how any others got their remote libraries to load without recognizing this issue. Maybe it presents differently on different versions of the Shield? Don't know.

What I can say is what worked for me.....I can't look at the program/Shield at the moment and I am going by memory here BUT....that popup or dialogue box that prevents the necessary final click on the CONFIRM button...I was able to close it by pressing the top right button on the Shield Remote. I believe this button has 3 lines on it. I have the 2019 Pro. Once I closed tht dialogue box I was easily able to go to confirm and click on it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 01:58:51 pm »

This problem should be fixed in build 110.
Pages: [1]   Go Up