INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.11 -- Available Here  (Read 2725 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 27.0.11 -- Available Here
« on: September 08, 2020, 01:11:13 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270011-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270011.exe

27.0.11 (9/8/2020)

1. Fixed: When XMLTV file contain IDs that are shared by different channels, some of the channels may not be properly matched to their XMLTV IDs.
2. Changed: Middle click will close the active tab (before it did nothing).
3. Fixed: Switching to high resolution in the Analyzer could crash.
4. Fixed: VST2 effects would not load properly.
5. Fixed: Right-click on an empty car radio button would crash.
6. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).

27.0.10 (9/4/2020)

1. Fixed: Right-click in a no column area of a list could crash.

27.0.9 (9/4/2020)

1. Changed: Middle click on the active tab closes instead of cycles the list style.
2. Fixed: VST3 plugins could crash if they didn't provide a display.
3. Changed: Showtime disables shuffle.
4. Changed: Auto-import disables getting cover art and getting video metadata by default.
5. Changed: Auto-sizing columns is moved to a new setting name so it will default to on for everyone.
6. Changed: Analyzer has a checkbox to increase the resolution so it should be better at low frequencies.

27.0.8 (9/2/2020)

1. Fixed: TV Channel to XMLTV ID mapping might find very few matches if users choose not to include a channel number in front of each channel name, for some XMLTV data.

27.0.7 (9/2/2020)

1. Fixed: Middle click on the active tab could crash.
2. Fixed: Closing a tab with a middle click could cycle the list style.
3. Fixed: Some VST3 plugins would not load.
4. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
5. Fixed: TV Channel to XMLTV ID mapping could result in multiple minor channels with the same major channel mapped to the same XMLTV ID, especially for Tuner Stream channels and HDHomeRun EPG data.

27.0.6 (8/28/2020)

1. Fixed: Right-clicking tabs could crash.

27.0.5 (8/28/2020)

1. Fixed: Closing the current tab could crash.
2. Changed: Switched closing tabs to a middle click.

27.0.4 (8/22/2020)

1. Changed: Typing in the search box will hide the suggestions if you press enter with no suggestion selected.
2. NEW: Added the min and max expression functions (they take any number of parameters).
3. Fixed: When editing in a popup, if the underlying file is changed, the edit will be canceled (previously could crash).
4. Changed: When editing in a popup, the file selection will not be changed on track change.
5. NEW: Added the expression functions avg and sum to average and sum numbers.
6. Fixed: Tuner Stream TV channel scan resulted in incorrect parameters in build 27.0.3.
7. NEW: Added the FieldQuery expression function to return a list of matches based on a list of fields to search.
8. Changed: Previously the entire tab would show a tooltip about closing, but now it only shows on the close button.
9. Fixed: When Tuner Stream (DMS) type of TV channel started playing, the player status was not changed and remained "Starting TV..."
10. Changed: Pause/Resume is enabled for Tuner Stream (DMS) type of TV channel playback.
11. NEW: Added a new search to options to allow setting a grouping of files to automatically apply a bookmark (so if "Use Bookmarking" is set to default, it turns on for files that match the search).
12. NEW: Right-click on inactive tabs closes them.
13. Changed: Tabs always show a close button, even if they're inactive.
14. Fixed: Image lookup from Google (for artist images, etc.) was not working.
15. NEW: Last.fm artist images are used along with Google images for the artist image display.
16. Fixed: Doing a file rename of the case only could hang from a recent change.
17. NEW: Added preliminary support for VST3 plugins.  They should install and process.  Feedback welcome.

27.0.3 (8/21/2020)

1. Changed: Revised the sorting menu in the column header right-click.
2. Fixed: Corrupt MPC files could crash.
3. Changed: "Show signal strength on screen" context menu item is not displayed for TV tuner types that do not support it (OpenCABLE, Sat>IP, Tuner Stream, etc.).
4. Changed: "Window" context menu (aspect ratio, zooming etc.) is not displayed for Tuner Stream type of TV playback as it is not supported right now.
5. Fixed: "Audio Programs" context menu did not work when playing a Tuner Stream TV channel.
6. Fixed: Build 27.0.2 did not give 30 day trial.

27.0.2 (8/13/2020)

1. Fixed: Zooming in on an image thumbnail will scroll so the selected item is shown (previously it could scroll to a different spot).
2. Changed: Removed the obsolete mini view skins from the build.
3. Fixed: Uploading to a handheld would replace the filename in the database with the handheld filename.
4. Fixed: Video playback and TV playback would show incorrect error message on screen if MC failed to download LAV filters.
5. Changed: The right-click choice "Remove Column From Sorting" only appears for columns in the current sorting.
6. Changed: Made the sorting interactive in the right-click menu instead of only display.
7. Changed: A version 26 license is no longer accepted.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

IAM4UK

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.11 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 09:36:05 pm »

Cannot playback video files with audio CODECs that have always played back in previous versions.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 04:50:09 am »

Using MC 27.0.11

Click Help then New / Improved in this version opens https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,123122.0.html which is MC 26.

John

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 01:22:12 pm »

Installed MC27 on an existing server and two existing MC26 client installations, then uninstalled MC26 from each without removing any registry entries. Rebooted all, server first. Both clients came up using a local library instead of their server's library, which they had no record of. Both clients didn't remember they had been set to never auto-upgrade their software. BTW in MC26, auto-upgrade always fails overnight (maybe due to UAC?), thus the server's Media Center never restarts, and TV is down in the house until I reboot it and get past the upgrade UAC. Not good for WAF, which is why I want auto-upgrade turned off.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 02:37:28 pm »

... in MC26, auto-upgrade always fails overnight (maybe due to UAC?), thus the server's Media Center never restarts, and TV is down in the house until I reboot it and get past the upgrade UAC. Not good for WAF, which is why I want auto-upgrade turned off.
We'll think about the first problem, but I can't see how this one can happen unless someone has started to allow installation, but then doesn't reply to UAC or can't because they don't have admin privileges.  If that's the case, there's probably nothing we can do about it. 

You could turn off check for updates and check manually.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »

We'll think about the first problem, but I can't see how this one can happen unless someone has started to allow installation, but then doesn't reply to UAC or can't because they don't have admin privileges...

You could turn off check for updates and check manually.
I have turned off automatic updates, but the option seems to have turned itself back on, not sure of when.
The problem with the update failing and MC not restarting happened in the middle of the night with no one present. It's happened at least twice.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 05:09:55 pm »

MC does not restart itself for updates, it'll only try to install it next time it gets started.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 05:19:43 pm »

MC does not restart itself for updates, it'll only try to install it next time it gets started.
I think then MC must have started after my PC rebooted itself at 2AM, tried to update, failed to update because no one was there to click "OK" on the UAC dialog, hence no media server running this morning.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 05:29:09 pm »

I think then MC must have started after my PC rebooted itself at 2AM, tried to update, failed to update because no one was there to click "OK" on the UAC dialog, hence no media server running this morning.
If nobody replies to UAC, Media Server should still run.  The only time I've seen what you describe is when I started to accept the update but forgot to allow UAC to continue.

Why are you rebooting in the middle of the night?

I'll move this to a new thread.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 06:19:40 pm »

If nobody replies to UAC, Media Server should still run.  The only time I've seen what you describe is when I started to accept the update but forgot to allow UAC to continue.

Why are you rebooting in the middle of the night?

Thanks. I'm rebooting every night because for some reason the PC gets sluggish when running MC for more than a few days at a time. CPU use, memory use, etc looks OK and there are no processes that appear to be running abnormally. It's a 5 year old PC that I'll replace this winter when Tiger Lake stuff is available, so I decided not to troubleshoot further.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 03:06:53 am »

I regularly have an MC that is stuck on an update, i.e. has attempted to autoupgrade itself but was unattended so UAC blocks the update and then MC won't start until someone clicks the "retry installation" option. In this case MC is controlled via MCWS and/or MCC so naturally there is no one at the machine to accept the update. This behaviour is v much undesirable as it breaks the remote control access (because now you have to remote into the machine to click buttons). I don't reboot regularly btw, I do use MCC 10014 often and it does seem like use of that command produces this behaviour (though the cmd is described as minimise so I'd always assumed MC is still running).

audioriver

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 04:11:47 am »

Please make the NEW: lines in bold text. It looks cool and is also helpful for an easier overview.
Windows 10 Pro x64

swatts

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 04:24:16 pm »

Ugrade price worth it for freeze columns.

CZ Eddie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 07:14:34 pm »

I hope a "double-click to pause video" option has been added. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:54 pm »

Enter pauses video.  Space bar, too.  I don't think double click is commonly used.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2020, 07:16:23 pm »

Ugrade price worth it for freeze columns.
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up