INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 27.0.12 for Mac -- Available here  (Read 3287 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 27.0.12 for Mac -- Available here
« on: September 14, 2020, 02:40:47 pm »

This is the latest bulld of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270012.dmg

27.0.12 (9/14/2020)

1. NEW: First MC27 Mac release.
2. Changed: TV playback will work on first load in non-fullscreen display view windows. This required a fairly generic UI change, please report any NEW UI issues.
3. Changed: MC will skip automatic creation of DMS (Tuner Stream) channels for an HDHomeRun device if it can determine the tuner's TV format to be DVB-T, and DVB-T channels already exist.
4. NEW: Added a "Find License" button to the purchase / restore dialog.
5. Changed: Updated Finland.Oulu-DNA DVB-C tuning parameters.  Thanks lepa!
6. Changed: When stopped, the display window will go back to showing the logo.
7. Changed: New / Improved This Version links to the v27 page.
8. Changed: Updated ModernCards Dark (thanks Marko).
9. NEW: MC will automatically create TV channels if HDHomeRun tuners are found, and related channels have not already been created.
10. Changed: Panel - Updated video streaming to use HLS Video-On-Demand.
11. Changed: Recent searches will no longer store duplicates.
12. NEW: MC will automatically attempt downloading EPG data from SiliconDust if HDHomeRun devices are found, on condition that no other online EPG has been set up, and SiliconDust EPG has not explicitly been disabled.
13. NEW: URL's that have a content-length will be converted when enabled to DLNA renderers.
14. Fixed: When XMLTV file contain IDs that are shared by different channels, some of the channels may not be properly matched to their XMLTV IDs.
15. Changed: Middle click will close the active tab (before it did nothing).
16. Fixed: Switching to high resolution in the Analyzer could crash.
17. Fixed: VST2 effects would not load properly.
18. Fixed: Right-click on an empty car radio button would crash.
19. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
20. Fixed: Right-click in a no column area of a list could crash.
21. Changed: Middle click on the active tab closes instead of cycles the list style.
22. Changed: Showtime disables shuffle.
23. Changed: Auto-import disables getting cover art and getting video metadata by default.
24. Changed: Auto-sizing columns is moved to a new setting name so it will default to on for everyone.
25. Changed: Analyzer has a checkbox to increase the resolution so it should be better at low frequencies.
26. Fixed: TV Channel to XMLTV ID mapping might find very few matches if users choose not to include a channel number in front of each channel name, for some XMLTV data.
27. Fixed: Middle click on the active tab could crash.
28. Fixed: Closing a tab with a middle click could cycle the list style.
29. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
30. Fixed: TV Channel to XMLTV ID mapping could result in multiple minor channels with the same major channel mapped to the same XMLTV ID, especially for Tuner Stream channels and HDHomeRun EPG data.
31. Fixed: Right-clicking tabs could crash.
32. Fixed: Closing the current tab could crash.
33. Changed: Switched closing tabs to a middle click.
34. Changed: Typing in the search box will hide the suggestions if you press enter with no suggestion selected.
35. NEW: Added the min and max expression functions (they take any number of parameters).
36. Fixed: When editing in a popup, if the underlying file is changed, the edit will be canceled (previously could crash).
37. Changed: When editing in a popup, the file selection will not be changed on track change.
38. NEW: Added the expression functions avg and sum to average and sum numbers.
39. NEW: Added the FieldQuery expression function to return a list of matches based on a list of fields to search.
40. Changed: Previously the entire tab would show a tooltip about closing, but now it only shows on the close button.
41. Fixed: When Tuner Stream (DMS) type of TV channel started playing, the player status was not changed and remained "Starting TV..."
42. Changed: Pause/Resume is enabled for Tuner Stream (DMS) type of TV channel playback.
43. NEW: Added a new search to options to allow setting a grouping of files to automatically apply a bookmark (so if "Use Bookmarking" is set to default, it turns on for files that match the search).
44. Changed: Tabs always show a close button, even if they're inactive.
45. Fixed: Image lookup from Google (for artist images, etc.) was not working.
46. NEW: Last.fm artist images are used along with Google images for the artist image display.
47. Fixed: Doing a file rename of the case only could hang from a recent change.
48. NEW: RadioJRiver can be played to a DLNA devices that required transcoding.
49. NEW: Cloudplay API updates to allow retrieval of more of the properties of the tracks being played.
50: NEW: MC will try to put the interface into digital mode when playing AC3 encoded material.
51. Changed: Typing in the search box will hide the suggestions if you press enter with no suggestion selected.
52. Changed: Added the min and max expression functions (they take any number of parameters).
53. Fixed: When editing in a popup, if the underlying file is changed, the edit will be canceled (previously could crash).
54. Changed: When editing in a popup, the file selection will not be changed on track change.
55. NEW: Added the expression functions avg and sum to average and sum numbers.
56. Changed: Revised the sorting menu in the column header right-click.
57. Changed: "Show signal strength on screen" context menu item is not displayed for TV tuner types that do not support it (OpenCABLE, Sat>IP, Tuner Stream, etc.).
58. Changed: "Window" context menu (aspect ratio, zooming etc.) is not displayed for Tuner Stream type of TV playback as it is not supported right now.
59. Fixed: "Audio Programs" context menu did not work when playing a Tuner Stream TV channel.
60. Fixed: Zooming in on an image thumbnail will scroll so the selected item is shown (previously it could scroll to a different spot).
61. Changed: Removed the obsolete mini view skins from the build.
62. Fixed: Uploading to a handheld would replace the filename in the database with the handheld filename.
63. Fixed: Video playback and TV playback would show incorrect error message on screen if MC failed to download LAV filters.
64. Changed: The right-click choice "Remove Column From Sorting" only appears for columns in the current sorting.
65. Changed: Made the sorting interactive in the right-click menu instead of only display.
66. Changed: Re-integrating TV functionality.
67. NEW: Added MPL to the list of output formats for playlist export.
68. NEW: Added the MCWS function GetFilledTemplate.
69. Changed: Made the export playlist dialog split into two columns.
70. Changed: When setting a filename, all other files with the same name will also be changed.
71. Changed: Allow renaming a particle filename.
72. NEW: Allow up to 16 simultaneous conversions for handheld configuration.
73. NEW: Added standardize quotes to the Clean File Properties tool.
74. NEW: Right-click on a tab close button will close all other tabs and leave that one open.
75. Changed: Column auto-sizing defaults to on.
76. NEW: Added the field [Playlist Total Time] to the player customization.
77. Changed: Made the total disc calculator run at startup faster by setting anything with no disc number to have one total discs.
78. NEW: Added the option to keep pane tagging on to Options > General > Advanced.
79. Changed: The tab key will not auto-select a choice from the tag box.
80. NEW: Added mode 2 to the ListRemove expression function which does substring matching (instead of entire string).
81. Changed: When playing to a tuner near startup, the error message indicates that you might need to allow the program longer to run.
82. Fixed: If chapters are at the same time, the names will be sorted by the chapter name.
83. Changed: When installing too new of a license, a more informative message is shown.
84. NEW: Added the library field "Last Sync" that gets set when a file is synced to a handheld.
85. NEW: Added a right-click command to Car Radio buttons to Add to Playing Now.
86. NEW: Added the sorting of a list to the column header right-click menu.
87. NEW: The volume slider shows zero when the volume is muted (instead of the unmuted level).
88. Changed: When setting up TV channel logo, the image file location is saved in the channel's ImageFile tag even if the image file is located inside the TV Logos folder.  This way it will be easier to remove the logo when necessary.
89. NEW: Undo / redo in the menu summarizes the changes by the menu text.
90. NEW: Added a stop after current file button to the toolbar.
91. NEW: Added a right-click command to library server to close both the server and Media Center.
92. Changed: Model name will be included in the device name of a DMS TV tuner for easier visual identification.
93. NEW: Added the ability to freeze columns.
94. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 27.0.12 for Mac -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 11:50:04 am »

I just noticed something that appears to happen in MC26 as well.  I only noticed it when installing MC27 because my defaults were different.  If MC is not maximized on the screen, and I click and drag the title bar to the top of my screen (as you expect with Mac apps to make it full screen), MC then jumps to the left about 100 px.  If I grab the title bar again, it continues to jump left until it's off my screen. 

I quit MC27 and reopen it, and it's doing the same thing.  Unless it's maximized, I can't get control of the app to not run off of the right side of my screen. 

crashjtm

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 02:28:46 pm »

I just noticed something that appears to happen in MC26 as well.  I only noticed it when installing MC27 because my defaults were different.  If MC is not maximized on the screen, and I click and drag the title bar to the top of my screen (as you expect with Mac apps to make it full screen), MC then jumps to the left about 100 px.  If I grab the title bar again, it continues to jump left until it's off my screen. 

I quit MC27 and reopen it, and it's doing the same thing.  Unless it's maximized, I can't get control of the app to not run off of the right side of my screen.

I started having a lot of resizing and window movement problems starting with MC26.  If I want to move the window I have to click and drag and wait a second or two and then let go.  If I wait then it moves where I want it to.  The same goes for resizing the window.  Sometimes if I am not careful the window will disappear completely and I have to change the view to get it to come back. It took a while to get used to these behaviors but I can replicate them in MC26 and now in MC27. 

I'm relatively new to Media Center - I think MC25 was my first version.  I didn't have these problems on the first version I had.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 07:45:29 pm »

26.0.107 for Mac works fine.
27.0.12 for Mac does not play audio correctly. I am hearing moments of silence in between blips of audio.
Log attached.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 09:22:10 pm »

Try turning off auto import.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:17 pm »

Hi Jim, "Auto Import" is already disabled.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 08:52:53 am »

27.0.12 for Mac does not play audio correctly. I am hearing moments of silence in between blips of audio.
Log attached.
What is your source material?
What are you playing to (output device)?
Nothing fundamental in local playback has changed in MC27 Mac.

media user

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 09:33:48 am »

Log attached.

Buffering issue?  Try:

-Tools
-Options
-Audio
-Settings
-Prebuffering:
-select: 10 seconds  or more

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 05:39:36 pm »

Buffering issue?  Try:

-Tools
-Options
-Audio
-Settings
-Prebuffering:
-select: 10 seconds  or more

My buffering is already maxed out at 20 seconds.

What is your source material?
What are you playing to (output device)?
Nothing fundamental in local playback has changed in MC27 Mac.

My source material is anything from 16bit mp3s to 24bit 92kHz FLAC. 1.8TB library. They are all affected.
My device is a Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC.

⚠️ I've found the issue: "Integer Mode" is broken.
Playback is normal again after disabling Integer Mode.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:34 pm »

My buffering is already maxed out at 20 seconds.

My source material is anything from 16bit mp3s to 24bit 92kHz FLAC. 1.8TB library. They are all affected.
My device is a Light Harmonic Geek Pulse DAC.

⚠️ I've found the issue: "Integer Mode" is broken.
Playback is normal again after disabling Integer Mode.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I forgot about the integer mode change.
MC26 only supported 24 bit integer mode. Some devices support that (i.e Dragonfly), others don't (i.e. iFi). If integer mode was set and the device didn't support 24 bit MC would drop back to non-integer mode.
MC27 supports both 32 bit and 24 bit integer mode. That made integer mode work on our test 32 bit iFi nano. It doesn't skip BTW.
My guess is that your DAC supports 32 bit integer mode and so MC is trying to use that with your DAC and for some reason that's not working. I'd guess that it's not keeping up for some reason but I have a 2012 Mac Mini (ssd) with Catalina that keeps up fine so I'm a bit mystified.

pwu

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

I forgot about the integer mode change.
MC26 only supported 24 bit integer mode. Some devices support that (i.e Dragonfly), others don't (i.e. iFi). If integer mode was set and the device didn't support 24 bit MC would drop back to non-integer mode.
MC27 supports both 32 bit and 24 bit integer mode. That made integer mode work on our test 32 bit iFi nano. It doesn't skip BTW.
My guess is that your DAC supports 32 bit integer mode and so MC is trying to use that with your DAC and for some reason that's not working. I'd guess that it's not keeping up for some reason but I have a 2012 Mac Mini (ssd) with Catalina that keeps up fine so I'm a bit mystified.
Let me know if there is any log or other info I can send you to help resolve the issue.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 01:20:41 pm »

This has been the case for all of 26, but I'm just bringing up again: some letters from foreign languages in Playlist Groups (F10) stop the Group from recognizing any album in it. I'm attaching grabs of two examples. The R with the check above in in Dvorak and U with the circle in Martinu - all items in the playlist disappear from view.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 02:26:14 pm »

This has been the case for all of 26, but I'm just bringing up again: some letters from foreign languages in Playlist Groups (F10) stop the Group from recognizing any album in it. I'm attaching grabs of two examples. The R with the check above in in Dvorak and U with the circle in Martinu - all items in the playlist disappear from view.
I've created a playlist like that.
I used the keyboard, holding down the respective keys, to get the accented character.
I then created a playlist under that group.
I see the group, the playlist under the group and I can right-click to add an album to that playlist.

HaWi

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 03:27:05 pm »

I have been looking at this as well and here is my conclusion:
When you generate special characters on a Mac keyboard using MC there is no issue.
On occasion, and not all occasions, when importing files from various sources (HDTracks, Qobuz, etc.), and the files contain special characters, this issue arises and the only remedy I found was replacing the characters with "hand-made" ones.
My guess is it has something to do with encoding, and different sources use different character sets.
I don't know if there is anything that JR can do about this.
cheers,
Hans
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 07:03:22 pm »

I've created a playlist like that.
I used the keyboard, holding down the respective keys, to get the accented character.
I then created a playlist under that group.
I see the group, the playlist under the group and I can right-click to add an album to that playlist.

Bob, it does work in Playlists, but not with Playlist Groups. All items under the Playlist Group tree go away if one of those characters is created (using the same method you describe: hold down the key until special characters come up. These were not copy/pasted from another source.)

media user

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 01:19:09 pm »

Does Media Center 27 perform/optimized to run better on a Windows vs Mac?

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2020, 01:50:43 pm »

All library views changed to default -- and saved views (both those copied from MC26 and those created anew) do not load.

NEW: MC will automatically create TV channels if HDHomeRun tuners are found, and related channels have not already been created.

Only HDHomeRun tuners? I have an EyeTV 250 Plus that MC27 does not detect.

Also, had difficulty resetting password for Cloudplay -- link in automated email does not work with Safari. Returns an error with Brave; but nevertheless works.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 01:58:15 pm »

Does Media Center 27 perform/optimized to run better on a Windows vs Mac?
No.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 07:10:05 pm »

Curious why does it always update all thumbnails in my library the first auto-import following a version bump?  I have 65k files so it's doing a lot of work for some reason when all the old thumbnails were perfectly fine.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 06:40:35 am »

It's because thumbnails aren't imported over from an older version of Media Center to a newer version of Media Center, except on Windows right now. However you can manually do this yourself on Windows, Mac and Linux by having all instances of Media Center closed. Then you can find and go into the Media Center folder where MC's settings (and thumbnails) save saved and move the old MC version's Thumbnails folder to the new Media Center 27's folder after you already did a library import into the new Media Center. That should restore the thumbnails.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | Topping D50s DAC | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 11:44:45 am »

Let me know if there is any log or other info I can send you to help resolve the issue.
What hardware are you running Catalina on? Processor, drive (hard drive vs ssd), ram ??

miguelito

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 12:41:16 pm »

This is the latest bulld of JRiver Media Center 27.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v27/latest/MediaCenter270012.dmg

27.0.12 (9/14/2020)

Could you please post a build of 27.0.13 (which is already available on Windows)? I am interested in an artwork bugfix. Thx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up