INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues  (Read 1208 times)

TP1964

• World Citizen
Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues
« on: September 25, 2020, 10:38:58 am »

Looking for some help here. There was a time that I had JRiver working well with this receiver - and it seems that somewhere along the lines in updates it stopped working. I'm guessing it's a settings issue - but before I blow up my rig by having white noise pumped in full volume, I thought I'd reach out - and this may be an ANDREW FG question.

So I've used DMRA and I've used the recommended settings - and I can get the Denon to play the 2.8mHz test .dsf file - AND the Denon changes to "DSD Direct" on the front display, so from DMRA - everything appears to be working.

When I switch over to MC 27 and try to play any dsf file of any resolution, with the settings that DMRA recommends, I get the very loud white noise / click.

I've read other places where the volume has to be 100% - and I have a vague memory that it used to be when I sent to my DLNA zone - the volume was indeed locked. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer - and at any rate - Andrew's test file plays via DMRA with the volume control in jriver working - in fact you can see mute going on and off and the volume go up and down a few clicks while DMRA is sending the test file. And I do, indeed hear the 2 beeps of the test file.

I've done what I imagine most do - fiddle with every possible combination - and I can get audio as long as MC is converting down to 192K/24Bit - but this receiver does have the capability to accept pure DSD over DLNA (as proven by DMRA) so I'm just at a loss as to what setting I'm missing.

I'm attaching the DMRA report along with a few screens shots of various MC settings - Andrew/anyone - any help would be most appreciated.

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues <SOLVED>
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:36:00 am »

adding...

I directly opened Andrew's test file inside of MC using the Denon server with DMRA's setting suggestions - and I also get white noise. There is some difference between how DMRA is sending the very same file - since it plays as DSD from there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 11:38:27 am »

Bitstreaming?

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 11:43:26 am »

I've tried turning bitstreaming both on and off. Andrew's DMRA recommends DoPE off. I'm playing with the file extensions now - but I don't think that's it. Really tried not to bother the community with this - I've been deep diving the forums for 3 days now and just at my end at this point.

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: Denon - AVR-X3200W - DSD/DLNA issues <SOLVED>
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:17:03 pm »

For those with this particular receiver - I discovered what was preventing the DSD files from playing - apparently DLNA Extra needs to be unchecked. When I uncheck everything in the advanced settings under the DLNA configuration - Boom - 1X DSD and DSF files all play as they should.
Pages: [1]   Go Up