INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting the same path for audio, data and image  (Read 451 times)

GB

• Recent member
Setting the same path for audio, data and image
« on: December 05, 2020, 12:24:11 am »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to set the same path for saving audio, data, image files? Right now JRiver copies each file to a diffrerent folder. There are "Files, path and more" settings in the Handeld section of the MC options. But I can't figure out how to set the same path for different files. For instance, the path for audio is
[Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]\. So this creates an Artist folder and an Album subfolder for audio. I need JRiver to save data and image to the same album subfolder.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Setting the same path for audio, data and image
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 01:46:19 am »

The concept is very simple. When you specify any directory or file location in MC, you have two choices:

1. Make it an invariant location with a specific path. An example would be E:\Music\MyAlbums

2. You can make a variable location, based on tags. An example would be E:\Music\[Album Artist]\[Album]

If you chose method 1, all files will be put where you specify, in that same place.

If you chose method 2, the files will go in different places based on their tags.  If you want two files, like a FLAC and an image, to end up in the same place, the relevant tags must match. If the relevant tags don't match, they will end up in different places. It's that simple.

In the examples I gave above, think about the Album tag, which is part of the path. Image files don't usually have one. So to make an image end up in the same directory as a FLAC, you would have to give it the same Album and Album Artist tags, for example.

There is an option specifically for cover art, to save it as folder.jpg (in the same directory). I assume you saw that, and that's not your problem with "images": that it's other images that concern you.

I would guess since you are using music tags in your path, your problem is probably that your non-music files lack those tags.  So you need to either tag them to match, or fix your  path definition so that the problematic tags are not used (by using different tags that all the files share, or using no tags at all, as in method 1).

You said you "can't figure out how to set the same path". The path options for image and data files are right there in Handheld options below the Audio path. If you can't click and edit them, I can't help you. You need to set them the same as your Audio path, if you want them to go to the same place. Copy and paste. Hopefully you realize that and you just didn't quite say what you meant, and its just the missing tags that are getting you.

An extra tip... MC is a complicated program, and you seem to be having a lot of trouble with it.  Perhaps these videos will help you: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=111775.0

I hope this helps.  Good luck...

GB

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 05:58:03 am »

I'll explain.
I have multiple Folders (artists), which have various subfolders (albums). Each subfolder (album) has a Flac, cue and image file.
In the settings, I set the same definite path for saving data (cue), image (jpg) and audio (flac). I go to the MC explorer and select the albums I need to be copied to another HDD. As a result MC copies just files to the definite path, but it does not keep the artist folder and album subfolder.
What I need from the MC is to keep folders and subfolders while transferring various files from them. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

wer

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 12:35:56 pm »

German, changing your name every couple of days (German -> Germane -> German -> GB) is very confusing for the people trying to communicate with you. Please stop that.

An admin should disable that feature if it's being abused.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 02:14:01 pm »

German, changing your name every couple of days (German -> Germane -> German -> GB) is confusing for the people trying to communicate with you.
I asked him to change.  German is confusing as a user name since lots of people on the forum are German.

wer

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 02:39:08 pm »

As long as we've reached the end of the changes...
Pages: [1]   Go Up