INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let me show you how use JRiver to make your (offline) Movies/TV Shows database  (Read 777 times)

pompon

• Recent member

Hello all,

I find a easy way to make a offline database (DVD, BluRay, Vinyls, Books).

Here the quick step: Here an example for DVD/BluRay

1- Take a picture of your media.

2- Import into JRiver

3- Change the Media Type and Media Sub Type

4- Now they show on the Movie section, so you can tag them with Right click and Get Info ...

5- Work the view to your needs and enjoy!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Did you know that MC can do this without the need for taking photos and associated manipulation?

All you need to do is feed the discs into your DVD drive and let MC read them. It then fetches the info, and saves all the data into its CD database.

Once you have the data, set up a view that suits you for presentation of that data, the crucial part being, that in the "set rules for file display" section, you also include the CD database. This will allow you create a view, or views, that separate your online and offline media.

-marko

pompon

• Recent member

Yes I know but my external cd drive is cd only (i think) and no way I can read BluRay and BluRay 4K with it. ;-)

The advantage to have a picture is the ability to stock all the tags inside the file and not have to worry to not having the exact representation of the media cover.

If I only backup files, JRiver will rebuild it's DB with the tags and I don't have to worry about backup the JRiver database.

You can manage books, vinyl, electronic parts ... it's a database with picture and filters.
JRiver is very powerfull and don't miss much things.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks Pompon for raising the topic and for Marko's input. You have given me some inspiration on how to track my Vinyl collection. In the past I have bought new LP only to come home and realise I already own that one, so wasted my funds. If I manage to get a database of my vinyl into JRiver I could workout how to print a list or file to my phone to avoid the same situation in future. I have a very old database of vinyl with a DOS program but it will no longer rtun as it is a *.com and Windows will not allow it to run.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

pompon

• Recent member

I managed my BoxSet this manner.

1- I created somes new library fields:

- BoxSet
- MovieName (LIST)
- SerieSeason (LIST) (the tag season not work because it's not displayed as a list)

I display the BoxSet picture (when Stacked)

I tag the BoxSet with ALL the movies in the MovieName. I put the date of the BoxSet

When I unstack, I have sort by date (new first), to have the BoxSet at the left and the oldest at the right of the stack.
I configured the thumbnails test (3 lines) with [MovieName] ([Year])

Each movie inside the BoxSet not have a specific picture so I found "poster" for each movie and tag them properly with the BoxSet name...

For TV Shows
Custom tag "SeriesSeason" with all the season on the "Box"
For this series, I buyed each separately so I didn't have a "BoxSet". A cheated, I found a global picture to represent all the season and tag it and stacked.
When I look my series database, I don't want to see each season separately.

I still work on that to find exactly what I want but, it's near perfect and it's very FAST to do.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Thanks for posting your solution.

pompon

• Recent member

And now ... Books ...

I will need to do more than one view.
For StarWars, many specific tags to know the correct order in the time line.

I will add new tags ... will see ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up