INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please - WDN drivers not recognized in Win 7 build  (Read 639 times)

rfarris

Help please - WDN drivers not recognized in Win 7 build
« on: January 15, 2021, 02:46:17 am »

OK, so I just upgraded from 19 to 27 specifically for the WDN driver feature so that I can stream Tidal and Qobuz.  I've installed JRiver 27, gone to general>features and clicked on WDN and supposedly installed the drivers.  I then exited JRiver and reopened it.  But when I look in Control Panel >Hardware and Sound>Sound>Playback I do not see JRiver as an option.  I have tried going back to JRiver, unchecking the WDN box, closing JRiver, then reopening it and going through the process again all to no avail.

As background I am running Win 7 on a box purchased from Little Green Computer and configured according to the computeraudiophile.com CAPS 2.0 build of Win 7.  I have successfully run JRiver 18 and 19 for years.  When I go to Control Panel I currently see my Meitner DAC as my default device. 

What do I need to do to solve this problem.  The ability to stream Tidal through JRiver to my system is really the only reason I did the upgrade so if I can't get this to work I will be a bit more than disappointed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help please - WDN drivers not recognized in Win 7 build
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 03:27:35 am »

The driver might be installed but disabled.  Go into your device manager, look for the JRiver driver, and uninstall it if it is there.  Then reinstall he driver using MC as usual.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 04:31:31 am »

1. Did you reboot?
2. If your windows is 64bit you may need to use the 64bit version of MC. It's not important for MC itself, but drivers must match the Windows type.

Also, I see on JRiver\MC\Drivers folder that it comes with Win8 and Win10 versions of the WDM driver - not sure if Win7 is supported. Win7 is EOL, so you may need to upgrade to Win10.

"The specific end of support day for Windows 7 was January 14, 2020. Technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC are no longer available for the product."
source

It's a bad idea to keep Win7 machines connected to the internet.

Wheaten

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 04:44:48 am »

If you just looking to stream Qobuz or Tidel and using JRiver for the audio connection, you might take a look at mconnect IOS, mconnect Androis.
It runs over DNLA, no need for a WDM driver.

If you need to control it from the greenbox, then lets hope someone has a solution.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:52:13 am »

Check these 2 threads too:
- run MC as Administrator to install the driver: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,126269.msg875030.html#msg875030
- make sure you have Win7 SP2 installed: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119115.msg823790.html#msg823790

Also, follow Wer's advice to check on Device Manager if the driver is actually installed or showing with a yellow exclamation mark.

wer

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 11:49:00 am »

2. If your windows is 64bit you may need to use the 64bit version of MC.

No you don't.  The WDM driver installed by the 32bit version of MC works fine on Win7x64.
Pages: [1]   Go Up