INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get from Internet Cover Art function does not work.  (Read 433 times)

mario1360

Get from Internet Cover Art function does not work.
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:04:30 pm »

I have been using JRiver for over 10 years, I have purchsed several editions but this is the first time -with 27- that I cannot get any cover art with the Get from the Internet function.  I just purchased a huge CD collection (3 000) and its frustrating to the point that I am considering asking for a refund.....the forum is much more complicated that it was 10 years ago!!!!! I hope someone can guide me and fix that Internet Cover problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Get from Internet Cover Art function does not work.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 07:51:01 am »

That's probably a security program on your machine preventing access to the Internet.

Start by configuring Windows Defender according to the instructions in the Windows Defender thread on this board.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:41:36 am »

Maybe you're getting blocked by the covers site that MC uses due to too many requests.
Try again tomorrow. If it works for a few and then stops, you need to do it over time.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 11:55:23 am »

Maybe you're getting blocked by the covers site that MC uses due to too many requests.
Try again tomorrow. If it works for a few and then stops, you need to do it over time.
Though, for audio, "Get from internet" uses JRiver's own servers, suggesting that there's something on mario's PC blocking the access. It's definately working...

The only other question could be, is there maybe something amiss with the tagging? Both the Album and Artist tags must be filled correctly for the tool to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up