INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.146 available here  (Read 5211 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.146 available here
« on: April 09, 2003, 03:29:49 pm »

Media Center 9.0.146 is available.

Some things may not work.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90146.exe

1. Fixed: Pressing "Cancel" on the CD rip dialog while the secure rip log was visible would hang MC.
2. NEW: CD ripping and renaming use intelligent logic for building directory names for multiple artist CD's. (set Album Artist field of a mix CD to override the default behaviour)
3. Fixed: Menus did not support click-drag usage -- only click-click.
4. Changed: CD Rip dialog could show an unnecessary horizontal scroll bar in the rip list when ripping many tracks.
5. Fixed: MC wouldn't accept filename DB changes to a file that it had a broken link to. (so it couldn't be fixed)
6. Changed: MC will no longer attempt to tag video files -- fixes a .rm hang problem, and helps performance.
7. Changed: Album analyzer will no longer mark image / video albums as "multiple artists" or "incomplete".
8. Fixed: MC could never appear when running it after a fresh install.
9. Changed: MC will now verify that it's visible on startup -- so if unplugging an extra monitor or something won't leave MC starting off the screen.
10. Changed: Enlarged import result details dialog.
11. Fixed: Drag-n-drop reordering in lists more intuitive.
12. Changed: Locate On Disk (inside Media Center) now selects the file that was located.
13. Fixed: MC would hang when parsing large data files that had playlist extensions.
14. NEW: Added OptionsList item to skinning engine to skin ListBox in Options window.
15. NEW: Added Menu item to skinning engine to skin menus.
16. Fixed: TiVo Server en coding XML problem.
17. Fixed: Works with TiVo Beacon.
18. Fixed: When viewing a CD for the first time with "My Computer", tracks would show up twice.
19. Changed: Temporarily disabled "apply changes to child views" until it can be ironed out better.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: Media Center 9.0.146 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 03:33:28 pm »

TiVo HMO users: the random playing problem is not quite sorted out yet. I tried to get it today, but didn't. Maybe tomorrow.

j

TimB

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 04:03:13 pm »

Still getting this in Netscape 7.02 when I try to open an XML export.

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 524525, Column 1:

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JeffB

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 05:28:07 pm »

I'm still getting this predictable randomizing thing.

Can someone help me fix this?  If this isn't a bug I'll start a new thread.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 05:33:51 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005." This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer. In recent prior versions I got a different error code, but the same behavior.  

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server; (ii) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of the Media Center Server (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); and (iii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off.  

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.    

If I can provide any further useful information, please send me a private message.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2003, 05:35:20 pm »

JeffB, we're on to the radomize problem -- it should be fixed next build.  Thanks man.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2003, 06:35:57 pm »

Still can't move folders between drives in MC's My Computer.
Toast goes in the toaster.

iCamp

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2003, 06:35:59 pm »

Changed: Temporarily disabled "apply changes to child views" until it can be ironed out better.

Whew!
Thank you.

JadedHalo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2003, 07:17:22 pm »

The "Move Picture 90 clockwise" feature in HMO doesnt work when using Media Server, tho it works fine with Tivo Desktop.

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2003, 07:18:17 pm »

Bugs:
1. Drag-and-drop to folders under a handheld device (for uploading) doesn't work...errors out with two dialogs (reported in 9.0.145 thread).

2. CD burning is broken...MC just goes into a 100% loop condition and I have to kill it...when I select Burn and choose Data CD (press Ok)...dialog box never leaves the screen.  Attempted a burn of a playlist with 120 tracks (698 meg) and arrange option was set to 'Album'.

Update:
I investigated the problem some more...I was able to create the data CD burn list if I added each album in the 120 track playlist one-at-a-time.  But, when I clicked on the CD-RW node (under CD, DVD, & Handhelds) it took MC over 3 mins to finally display the list...was just locked up for that time...something is broken for sure.

11. Fixed: Drag-n-drop reordering in lists more intuitive.

Oh really?
I tried this in Playing Now's playlist and saw no difference...what should I see (disabled mega-me skinning mode)?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2003, 07:29:20 pm »

Bugs for Media Center 9.0.146 Beta

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

• I've pinpointed the cause of the following problem I'm having.
    The cause of this is that, while Media Server is running (and requiring authentication?) any site that is listed in my hosts file to go to localhost (a trick that keeps various ad sites from bombarding me with ads - it doesn't stop popups, but it at least keeps one popup from spawning others or me having to actually see the ad), when IE tries to load one of those sites, I get prompted for a username and password. After removing the hosts file, this problem goes away. Now, obviously I'd prefer to leave my hosts file as it is...

The original bug report on this
    I've just started using Media Server, and I have it set to require a username and password to access.

Ever since I started using it, IE asks me for authentication for various sites.

Like if I go to msn.com, I get prompted for a username and password for global.msads.net & di.image.eshop.msn.com.

If I shut media server down, this problem goes away.

• At work, where I'm accessing my media server, MC prompts me for a username and password for our proxy server, and then again for the media server. It keeps trying to use my media server login credentials for our proxy server. Whenever I try to download any plugin or anything, it doesn't do this.  

• Media Server : Under Settings->Options->Library, it's still says "Media Jukebox".

• Minor graphical "bug". On the CD burning dialog box that is shown while burning, the animation graphic background isn't transparent, so it makes the oh-so-beautiful PixOS skin look less than perfect. :P

My CD writing problem appears to be fixed. I changed the setting in MC to do Nothing when an Audio CD was inserted, and now burns are finalizing.

I'm not convinced that that should be the way it works, though. What if I want MC to start playing an Audio CD when I insert it? Do I need to turn this off every time I want to burn a CD?  

Media Center Registered 9.0.146 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1652 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 288 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2003, 07:32:42 pm »

I also noticed that, when inserting an audio CD, and XP's autorun feature comes up and asks what you want to do, that selecting MC's Play item fires up MC, but then the CD doesn't play.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
List Style / Thumbnail ... scroll problem
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2003, 07:37:33 pm »

At some point my thumbnail view got a little screwy.... the scroll bar wouldn't scroll to the end of the list and my arrow keys wouldn't bring me to the end of the list either.  The result is that I couldn't get to the last tracks on any given album.

By changing the thumbnail size (it was set on Xlarge) I seem to have been able to get MC to rethink the list size.  I reset it to Xlarge and the problem did not return. Seems like at some point MC lost track of how big the images were?

Regards,
Stuart

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2003, 07:49:29 pm »

Quote:11. Fixed: Drag-n-drop reordering in lists more intuitive.  

Oh really?
I tried this in Playing Now's playlist and saw no difference...what should I see (disabled mega-me skinning mode)?

It wasn't a huge change.  

If you dragged #1 to #3 with #2 playing, #3 would be in front of #1, which seemed wrong.  

Dragging up didn't change.

Also, it was quirky if you'd pick like #1 and #5 and drag them to #3.  That seems right now too.

The logic now is that the files move to be below the file you're dropping below.  That's a weird explanation, but I think it's what feels natural. (feel free to voice an opinion if you think we got it wrong)

LisaRCT

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2003, 07:50:38 pm »

I have had several instances where when changing CD's the new one comes up with the songs listed twice . . only noticed cause I thought it had been fixed.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 08:15:42 pm »

The "Move Picture 90 clockwise" feature in HMO doesnt work when using Media Server, tho it works fine with Tivo Desktop.

Yes. Media Server uses the database in read-only mode (to avoid conflicting with Media Center), thus it cannot rotate the picture.

Use Media Center to organize your pictures and music, and then use Media Server/TiVo to view them but not to modify them.

j

RemyJ

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2003, 08:30:19 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/09  Priority: High
    Build 146 seems to have broken video track advance fixed in 145:
    Double clicking on the currently playing track starts the next one playing.
    Pressing 'Next' skips over the next track and starts the one after that playing.
    Auto advance seems to work OK.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/09  Priority: High
    Zone confiuration seems to be broken.  You can add a zone but any setting such as device and channel selection affect all zones.  Also Wave Out doesn't give the option to select channels the way Direct Sound does but I don't remember whether it should or not.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    Selecting tools such as convert and analyze audio from the main menu when there are NO tracks selected results in an operation against ALL tracks in the library.  VERY DANGEROUS not to mention the time it takes on large libraries.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    You get prompted for CD creation type for every track you add to a CD until you visit CD, DVD, & Handhelds.  Whatever the last type you selected is the one that sticks.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 40 x86_64 Xfce

Morac

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2003, 08:32:49 pm »

For HMO, it still does some kind of weird conversion from WAVs where the Waves are sped up.  Even stereo WAV files (I tested "Windows XP Startup.wav") are sped up, though at least they are recognizable unlike mono WAV files.  I think it will only correctly convert 44khz 16 bit 2 channel (stereo) wave files.

I didn't try testing this through TiVo as last time it rebooted my TiVo.  So I used IE to browse down to the file listings and download it through there.

The weird thing is that Media Server uses lame.exe to convert the wav files on the fly.   If I use the "lame <input> <output>" command it produces correctly sounding output, but apparently Media Server is using it differently.
------------------------------------------

On the image side, Media Server HMO will only serve .jpg files (no .gif, .bmp, etc).

Also, I'm not sure why, but using IE to try and view pictures served via the TiVoServer doesn't work.  It gives an error about not being able to find the item.  It works fine with one from TiVo Desktop.

Using IE to download music works fine.

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2003, 08:38:29 pm »

6. Changed: MC will no longer attempt to tag video files -- fixes a .rm hang problem, and helps performance

Excellent job guys! And the performance boost is extremely welcome!

-Lou

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2003, 08:57:43 pm »

Clean File Properties with Title Case is causing Words like The and A that are at the beginning of a filename to be lowercased.

For instance : "The Calling - Wherever You Will Go.mp3 " becomes "the Calling - Wherever You Will Go.mp3"

It works fine on the actual tags. This is just happening on the filename.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2003, 02:47:30 am »

Showstoppers!

A) CD Labeler and Media Editor not starting with Non-Administrator account on WinXP!  

1) They work on W2K machine!  
2) They work on WXP machine with "RunAs" command or Administrator account!
3) They do not work on WXP with my daily used "Jaguu" account, which is member of the Administrator group: the two programs do not seem to have sufficient execution rights!

B) Volume Control for Zone 2 in Multi-Zone environment does not work yet! Has been reported several times!

ZRocker

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2003, 05:58:37 am »

Bugs:
1. The red-and-white drop target thingy (above Org Tree column) lights up (yellow-black) when the cursor moves over the area and MC is NOT the active application, but is still partially visible.  So, if you have another application partially covering the MC window, you see the drop target light up when the mouse cursor is moved where the drop target area would be if MC was active (in the current active application).

JohnS

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2003, 06:56:56 am »

When MC9 starts it "forces" the 'Wave Volume' to 100% in Window's "Volume Control" advanced view. (it was at 50% before MC9 started.)

(I'm running WinXP)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2003, 07:23:10 am »

When MC9 starts it "forces" the 'Wave Volume' to 100% in Window's "Volume Control" advanced view. (it was at 50% before MC9 started.)

(I'm running WinXP)

Disable: Options -> Startup -> Optimize volume

It's on by default because maximizing the wave volume and then running the master gives the best S/N ratios.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2003, 08:01:33 am »

I'm running MC at work, connecting to my Media Server at home. I also have a local library here at work.

I forgot to start Media Server up this morning when I left. So obviously I can't connect to that library. But MC won't let me choose another library. It just closes after telling me that it can't access the server.

Ideally, MC should bring up the Library Manager to let us load a different library.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2003, 08:11:44 am »

I just remembered something I tried to do yesterday (with 145) that didn't work...

I connected to my media server. I created a playlist. Knowing the media server won't keep that playlist the next time I start up MC, I exported it to an m3u playlist.

I checked the contents of the list. All of the entries were media server addresses, etc.

When I double clicked the playslit, MC started up, tried to connect to the server, but nothing ever happened. It just sat there saying it was connecting. It never asked for a username and password the way it normally does when I connect.

Once I canceled it and closed MC down, I could fire it up and access the server just fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2003, 08:23:41 am »

Does this mean usage statistics are not updated via Media Server?  For example, the Top 100 SmartList will not take into account files played via Tivo?

[newbie to MJ/MC, sorry for any present and future dumb questions :) ]

Playback stats won't be updated in this case.  Please use the thread called "TiVo Instructions" for any questions.  We try to reserve this thread for bugs (big bugs now).

bonnersera

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2003, 09:35:48 am »

hi guys,

this would be the xth time to say that that program is quite the best in its type, but PLEASE change the following: managing od sorting does not work!

there is no more the possibility to organize the sort function under tools/options/tree and view settings:

one should be able to manage the auto sort functions (e.g. sort by albums, than by track#,...) like it was a view versions before.

thanxx a lot, please be so kind and reply to this,

bonnersera

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2003, 09:45:42 am »

If you click on artist or album or track it will now sort that way for all albums.

This area is problematic since everyone has different views on the subject.

bonnersera

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2003, 09:50:27 am »

hi,

i found that out allready, the problem is:

when i double click an album in album view (plug-in), it goes completely into the playing now list, but there it is automatically sorted by artis, not by track#. is there any solution for that?

thanx for your reply

bonnersera

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2003, 11:08:22 am »

There's something going on with mini-me skins that are installed from the website.

They download and install ok, but then you can't switch to any other skin. Using either mini-me's Skins menu, or Skin Manager, no matter what skin I choose, it always switches to whichever skin I last downloaded and installed.

ZRocker

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2003, 12:28:02 pm »

Bugs:
1. If you are streaming MP3 music from Shoutcast and you immediately switch to playing tracks from your library (right-click, Play > Play)...MC's playback is all distorted (murpy, skipping MP3 sound and volume is lower than it should be).  If you hit Stop, wait 10 seconds and click Play button (same tracks in Playing Now) the playback is back to normal (good).

LisaRCT

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2003, 12:43:39 pm »

When one playlist is running and I double-click on another playlist to change to it, the audio picks-up a horrendous hummm, approximately half as load as the peaks of the selection.  To clear the hummm you must close MC9 and re-start it.  This has occurred repeatedly.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2003, 01:11:13 pm »

When one playlist is running and I double-click on another playlist to change to it, the audio picks-up a horrendous hummm, approximately half as load as the peaks of the selection.  To clear the hummm you must close MC9 and re-start it.  This has occurred repeatedly.

That could be a sound card driver problem.  You can also try switching playback in MC from Direct Sound to Wave Out or vice versa.

MighTiVo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2003, 01:19:40 pm »

I wanted to exclude Album Art from my Images Album view. What I tried to do seemed to result in a software bug. Let me know if I have the wrong expectations or if you have a better idea or both....

1) I taged the album art as genre AlbumArt
2) I created a smartlist called AlbumArt for Genre:AlbumArt
3) I clicked on wizard for my Images Album view, selected playlist, selected AlbumArt, selected exclude.

This created the rule set on the Media Library root view instead of the Images Album view.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2003, 02:14:12 pm »

You could just skip the smartlist, and make the search criteria for the Image View to exclude Genre:AlbumArt...

MighTiVo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2003, 02:18:31 pm »

Bug or cockpit error?

I am editing the name tag of a file:
What I Like About You (Live) - Romantics
I tried cut (ctrl-x) and backspace over Romantics since I didn't want it in the name and I was moving it to Artist.

I could not get it to change from
What I Like About You (Live) - Romantics
to
What I Like About You (Live)
as it kept putting - Romantics back in the line.

I finally changed it by first changing to
What I Like About You (LiveX
then changing to
What I Like About You (Live)

Pages: [1]   Go Up