INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback Problems in MC9  (Read 1993 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Video Playback Problems in MC9
« on: April 08, 2003, 05:18:07 am »

Jim told Nila to start a new thread on this, but since I'm having the same problem (and Nila is apparently not around right now), I figured I'd start it.

Here are the two issues I've been having. You'll notice that the first one is (near as I can tell) identical to the problem Nila is having. I'm not positive, though, since Nila's post makes it sound like he can't get MC to play video using WMP at all. While I can.

The biggest difference, however, is that all of my video files ARE classified as video by MC. I did have a few that were misclassified as audio, but Updating the library from the tags took care of those view.

Here are the bugs...

• Video : Playback of any filetype through WMP other than WMV causes strange behavior. Although MC is capable of showing every video file in the playlist, every other track change fails. So if I start playback of a list of mpg's and\or avi's, MC will play the first one, and then on a track change (either manual or automatic) MC stops playback and the Player Window displays the text "Waiting". Playing Now's display shows the text about how MC can only display visualizations for blah blah blah. A click on Next or Prev will play the next (or previous) file just fine. If I double click on the file that MC was Waiting on, it plays just fine. If, while MC is "Waiting" I click Stop, MC displays an error. WMP9 is installed on this system.  

• Video : MEGA-ME & Windowed isn't sizing videos properly (those being played by WMP). They always take up the entire Playing Now window. Fullscreen is fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Playback Problems in MC9
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 05:29:19 am »

Doof,
I think you know we fixed a problem that misclassified files a week or so ago.

Did you try deleting the files from your library and re-importing them?

Are you using the release version of WMP9, and not the beta?

Same problem if the playlist is all AVI?  Or all MPG?

Any other programs that could be grabbing control?  Some setting in WMP?

We'll try again to see if we can duplicate it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 05:29:22 am »

I forgot to mention that I have deleted these files from my library and reimported them. I still have the same problem.

And I just wanted to highlight that WMP9 is installed on this system. I'm not sure if that's the cause or not.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 05:40:57 am »

I think you know we fixed a problem that misclassified files a week or so ago.

Yeah, I knew that. I only had this problem with a few files. After the fix, I updated the library from the tags and it took care of it for all except one file. I just wound up deleting that file permanently since I really didn't care about it anyway.

Did you try deleting the files from your library and re-importing them?

Yes, I did. I just posted about that before I read your reply.

Are you using the release version of WMP9, and not the beta?

It's the release version. Version 9.00.00.2980 to be exact.

Same problem if the playlist is all AVI?  Or all MPG?

I haven't tried this. I will, though. I'll try it on my lunch break.

Any other programs that could be grabbing control?

I only have WMP9, Quicktime 6, and whatever version of Realplayer you guys had on your FTP server. They're only installed for MC's use. I only use MC for media playback.

Some setting in WMP?

If it is, it's a default setting. It installed through Windows Update, and I've only run it just to get the version number from it.

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 07:35:44 am »

I've reported this also but wanted to confirm I still have this problem---exactly as described by Doof.  The first time I click on an avi file it plays (must switch to Playing now window to see it).  Then I switch back to media library, double click another avi file....the file was skipped and it was showing some image file.  Clicked on file again (after skipping back and forth from playing Now to media library in explorer to see these things) and got error in playing now stating can't play that type of visualization (can't remember original wording again but quoted it before) and then get error message stating Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error.  This time instead of Media Center closing I clicked ok on error and file started playing!  Summary:  Playing video files is erratic!

nila

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 09:42:49 am »

Doof - Same problem here.
My playback works fine for the first one, then when it moves onto the next file it gives that error about visualisations etc.

This is a BIG show stopper and MJ cant be released final with this bug unfixed.

Seems like its more than one of us that are having this problem so it's not us.

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 10:15:30 am »

Same here, 1 video plays fine, every next one gives an error. It plays fine after press Play again

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 01:20:11 pm »

Add me to the list for MPG files...

It appears to be WMP9 related.   I had WMP 7.01.00.3055 installed on a spare laptop and ran a few tests.  No problems moving back and forth from file to file.  I then installed 9.00.00.2980 and when the track finishes or I press "next" I get the "waiting" every other time.

I've also noticed that after installing WMP9 the picture is stretched from it's normal aspect ratio to fit the window.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 01:38:59 pm »

I just want to say I do not have a problem with videos. I am using WMP8.

RemyJ

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 04:05:14 pm »

145 seems to fix the track advance and size problems.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 07:40:08 pm »

Yeah, it's fixed for me as well. Along with the image scaling problem.

Good job, guys! :)

nila

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2003, 12:20:30 am »

Great job, Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up