INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: HMO or JRiver Media Server???  (Read 1136 times)

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
BUG: HMO or JRiver Media Server???
« on: April 08, 2003, 10:13:54 am »

I purchased and downloaded the HMO to my TiVo yesterday and am largely satisfied. However, after playing with it for the past eight hours, I've found a few v1.0 bugs. I can't determine whether or not they're originating in my TiVo HMO or my Media Jukebox Media Server. Here's the bugs:
  • When I page down through various song listings, everything works fine. When I page up, it looks like the screen refresh fails...except that selecting on a blank field yields no results. If I page up a couple of blank screens then page down to what I'm looking for, it will appear.
  • When I select random play of a group of songs, HMO cannot then find the actual songs! When I de-select random play, HMO can once again find songs!

Anyone else seeing the above? Any thoughts on which component is faulty here? I'm running JRiver's Media Center v.9.0.144 and whatever version of HMO that was installing yesterday.

Thanks for your opinions.

Marc

(I apologize in advance for the cross-posting, but that other site is distinctly n00b-unfriendly.)
THAT's what I'm talking about.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BUG: HMO or JRiver Media Server???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 11:26:09 am »

When I page down through various song listings, everything works fine. When I page up, it looks like the screen refresh fails...except that selecting on a blank field yields no results. If I page up a couple of blank screens then page down to what I'm looking for, it will appear.

I believe this is our bug and that it's been fixed and should be in the next release

When I select random play of a group of songs, HMO cannot then find the actual songs! When I de-select random play, HMO can once again find songs!

We don't see this problem.  More info might help.  How are you selecting random play?

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 11:39:56 am »

...We don't see this problem.  More info might help.  How are you selecting random play?

Here's what I'm doing to observe the repeatable problem I spoke of:
  • From TiVo "Music & Photos" screen, select "Marc's music on IKE" (IKE is my server running Media Server)
  • Select "Playlists"
  • Seclet "Auto Smartlists (music)"
  • Highlight "Favorites - all favorites (4 and 5 rated)" and push play.  Song 1 of 759 starts playing.  So far, so good.  Now, here's where I can screw things up...
  • Push Enter to get to the "Music Play Options" screen.
  • Go down one selection to the shuffle selection.
  • Push the right arrow so "On" is displayed.
  • Push the up arrow so "Play music with these options" is highlighted.
  • Push Select

Viola!  I now see a screen titled "Music" with the message "The requested file was not found.  It may have been..."  The rest is truncated.  There is a "Press SELECT to continue" message at the bottom of the screen.

Now, when I go into play favorites, shuffle is indicated as being on, but the songs all play in the same order as before.  Hmmm...

Anyways, this is a very minor issue.  I could overcome it with some additional play lists (and probably will), but it would be nice to randomly cycle through my faves.  Either way, it was an extrememly pleasant suprise to be able to use MC9 to serve files to the TiVo and not to have to add some unknown software - thanks.

Marc
THAT's what I'm talking about.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 01:45:12 pm »

Hi Marc,

I couldn't get to this today. Tomorrow hopefully.

j

Kraydan

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 08:40:53 pm »

I'm also having the problem >> using the -shuffle- feature on tivo and then not being able to play any music.

When I hit play, an error message appears saying it cannot locate the file.

Turning off Shuffle solves the problem. Not a major problem but shuffle is important feature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up