INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.144 available here  (Read 5632 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.144 available here
« on: April 07, 2003, 01:54:26 pm »

Media Center 9.0.144 is available.    

Some things may not work.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90144.exe

1. Fixed: MC would stop playback with an error after playing several short (under 5 second) files.
2. Fixed: Smartlists with ~dup or ~nodup keywords could cause MC to crash.
3. Changed: Album Artist uses the new little artist icon in the tree.
4. Changed: Some data types can no longer be used in tree view schemes. (date and time elapsed)
5. Fixed: Right-click menus were not working properly in mini-me.
6. Changed: Thumbnails now demarked as "do not index" under NTFS, helping performance.
7. Changed: Update playback engine menus to use new and improved menu system.
8. Fixed: Volume up / down keyboard shortcuts were not working.
9. Changed: Update mini-me menus to use new and improved menu system.
10. Fixed: APE, MPC, and possibly other formats did not work with Media Server / internet streaming.
11. Changed: Tweaked default PixOS skin coloring.
12. Fixed: Quicktime background repaint now works correctly.
13. Fixed: MP3 meta-data tagging would not remove old values when updating tags. (Library Tools->Update Tags to correct)
14. Fixed: List data type fields would not properly handle a space before the last item in the list.
15. Fixed: In visualization studio, changing a property and switching views would lose the change.
16. Fixed: Visualizations with the new logo would have a section missing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 9.0.144 available here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2003, 02:03:44 pm »

REMINDER -- Show stopper bugs only here.  If you aren't sure it's a BIG bug, please start a new thread and ask others if they have the problem.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 02:06:59 pm »

...and get rid of the space between Media and Center which could cause problems on W9x machines (and others..who knows...it is surely non-standard naming for an exe).

Matt... this is a For-Sure in my book. My program was named "3rd PlanIt.exe" and I encountered numerous problems with Win9x machines. The most obvious: if you double-clicked a 3PI file (filename.3pi) the program would start, but the file would not load.

It appears the EXE needs to be DOS8.3 compatible to run under certain versions/configurations of Win9x. Since changing the name to 3PI.exe I have had no further customer problems.

Perhaps MEDIACTR.EXE?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2003, 02:36:22 pm »

Matt... this is a For-Sure in my book. My program was named "3rd PlanIt.exe" and I encountered numerous problems with Win9x machines. The most obvious: if you double-clicked a 3PI file (filename.3pi) the program would start, but the file would not load.

It appears the EXE needs to be DOS8.3 compatible to run under certain versions/configurations of Win9x. Since changing the name to 3PI.exe I have had no further customer problems.

Perhaps MEDIACTR.EXE?

The exe will not be renamed until a later version -- it will remain Media Jukebox.exe.  It would break too many things to change it now -- including some 3rd party programs.

Also, you should be able to use spaces on any Win9x system if you use quotes around it where necessary.  Double-click and shell integration both work properly on Win9x in Media Jukebox and Media Center.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2003, 02:47:04 pm »

I started a thread named "Media Center 9 Open Issues". It seems worthwhile to have most issues centralized rather than having lots of open threads.

Marty3d

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2003, 02:47:04 pm »

Ouch!
My heart bleeds reading the news about dates being removed instead of fixed...but, that's life :(

Anyway, only wanted to say that my showstopper list is now empty! Congratulations!

/Martin

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2003, 02:50:27 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    Selecting tools such as convert and analyze audio from the main tools menu when there are NO tracks selected results in an operation against ALL tracks in the library.  VERY DANGEROUS not to mention the time it takes on large libraries.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/04/05  Priority: High
    You get prompted for CD creation type for every track you add to a CD until you visit CD, DVD, & Handhelds.  Whatever the last type you selected is the one that sticks.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2003, 02:50:51 pm »

Showstopper: Case #0004.
Searching loses keyboard focus.

If I'm viewing songs from a partical artist and start using search criteria in the search box, as soon as I stop typing, it automatically switches to 'Media Library' in the tree.

This is a good and bad thing.

Good: It shows the user that you're searching the entire Media Library.

Bad: Well, like me, I'm slow at typing so if I pause for a second and not watching what MC is doing, it would be highlighted on Media Library. Continuing keystrokes just moves around in the tree and not in the search box.

IF MC would keep focus in the search box while typing (and moving to Media Library like it does now), then this would not be a problem.

Get what I'm saying? A lot of new users are gonna wonder what's going on with that.

dragyn

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 03:01:41 pm »

Showstopper: Case #0005
Network Places is not in My Computer

If doing a 'Locate / On Disk (inside Media Center)' for UNC paths, MC will lock up. It does not know what to do because Network Places is not there.

Only way to get out of it is to kill the process.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 03:54:14 pm »

• Video : Playback of any filetype through WMP other than WMV causes strange behavior. Although MC is capable of showing every video file in the playlist, every other track change fails. So if I start playback of a list of mpg's and\or avi's, MC will play the first one, and then on a track change (either manual or automatic) MC stops playback and the Player Window displays the text "Waiting". A click on Next or Prev will play the next file just fine. If, while MC is "Waiting" I click Stop, MC displays an error. WMP9 is installed on this system.

• Video : MEGA-ME & Windowed isn't sizing videos properly (those being played by WMP). They always take up the entire Playing Now window. Fullscreen is fine.

• Clean File Properties : Running this on a file by an artist with a name like T.A.T.U. results in T.a.T.U.  

• Slideshow : There is no longer any way to start a slideshow of images along with music. If I Play Music, then Play Images, then I get an image slideshow without music. If I Play Images then Play Music, I get music with no images.

• Image List View : This doesn't select files correctly. If you select one file, then hold control to select a few more, that works. If you hold down shift and select a range, that works as well. But when holding down Control + Shift to add a range of files to the currently selected files, all of the currently selected files become unselected.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 03:56:46 pm »

If I delete a song from a playlist, the Sequence column starts at 0 instead of 1.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 04:00:50 pm »

Showstopper!
CD Labeler and Media Editor not starting with Non-Administrator account on WinXP!

1) They work on W2K machine!
2) They work on WXP machine with "RunAs" command
3) They do not work on WXP with my daily used "Jaguu" account, which is member of the Administrator group: the two programs do not seem to have sufficient execution rights!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2003, 04:15:29 pm »

I just tried burning a CD. It was weird.

The settings I used were to Replay Gain, and to burn it using crossfade aggressive 4.0sec.

The burn started off fine. Part way through, the song progress bar (not the entire write progress bar) stopped, then dissappeared. Then it seemed to start over, even though the title of the song it was burning stayed the same. Then the bar got most of the way to end, and then the song name changed to the next song in the list, until the progress bar reached the end.

Then the progress bar started from the beginning and the song name changed to the next song. It then seemed to continue the burn just fine.

A little later, it did the same thing, only this time the title of the currently burning song didn't change. When the progress bar reached the end, and started over for the next file, the title of the currently burning song changed, but it skipped the one that should have been next.

My interpretation of all of this, is that MC wasn't refreshing the CD burning dialog properly. It probably was burning the correct tracks at the correct time, but wasn't refreshing the display at the right times.

However, I can't confirm this because the CD never finalized. It got to the last track in the list, both progress bars reached the end and then it just sat there and never finished.

I waited five minutes after this, and finally canceled the burn.

This actually happened to me with the last build as well. (the not finalizing part - I wasn't watching it to notice if the refresh problem was there) The resulting CD was problematic for my Jeep's CD player. The first track was all messed up in all sorts of ways... the track seemed to bounce all over, and in parts it seemed to play faster than it should. Seeking through tracks on the CD was also very flaky, but every other track on the CD (other than the first one) played fine.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2003, 04:50:01 pm »

When I attempt to play any WMA file I get the following Error dialog: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file. Windows Media Error: 0x80070005."  

This error only occurs when trying to play these files from the server on another computer.  

Despite some theories that this is linked to DRM being activated in the WMA files when I raised this issue in a separate thread, this does not appear to be the case for a number of reasons: (i) I have no problem playing them with Windows Media Player, Musicmatch Jukebox, Media Jukebox and even prior versions of Media Center (e.g. prior to 9.0.130); (ii) it is my strong recollection that when these files were ripped, DRM was turned off; and (iii) Media Center has no problem playing the files on any PC when they are loaded off the LAN, i.e. not streamed using the server.

I believe this is a bug in how the Media Center client/server system handles playing WMA files.

If I can provide any further useful information, please send me a private message.

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2003, 05:43:01 pm »

Still Open:
1. Can't seem to create a View Scheme that will show a CD of mp3's in the tree by Volume Name/Location. Files on hard drives show correctly under this scheme but the CDs do not show the folders in the left pane tree at all. The correct path is shown in the database.    

If this isn't a "show stopper" let me know and I'll start another thread. I am seiing this on two machines.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2003, 08:17:19 pm »

You can't change slideshow options anymore. That whole menu is gone. Along with a lot of other options that used to be there.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2003, 08:37:23 pm »

When creating a new library, the Clone From feature doesn't appear to work.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2003, 09:38:00 pm »

Hi,

Vis studio media core crash bug still here
Think it's a real showstopper :
MediaCore crash when trying to create a new visualization. Here's the procedure I was able to reproduce on different hardware setups :

1/ Play a song then RMC/Visualization Studio
2/ File / New
3/ Insert an element to create a new vis, I tried with text and blob scope
4/ File / Save (the new vis is saved as 'New Visualization.mjv'
5/ File / Exit
6/ Stop and play a song --> Media Core crash

Now if you try to reload MC and play again --> crash again
The only cure is to go to Prog Files/J River/Media Center/Visualizations/Vis Studio and delete the file new visualization.mjv.

15. Fixed: In visualization studio, changing a property and switching views would lose the change.

Well,  when clicking save in the Editor of the text element at first it appears to be saving everything, but when you save/exit from vis studio nothing is actualy saved.

C.

----------------
Media Center Registered 9.0.144 -- C:\Program Files\J River\MediaCenter\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 589 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148 ) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148 )
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148 ) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive X:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: SONY     CD-RW  CRX195E4    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2003, 12:18:05 am »

I spoke a little too soon when I said the comments were being preserved when file properties are edited.

If the comment in the ID3v1 Tag is different than the comment in the ID3v2 Tag, then MC replaces the data in the v2 tag with the data in the v1 tag when file properties are edited.

The priorities should be reversed. V2 should overwrite V1.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2003, 12:18:46 am »

forget again:

Media Center Registered 9.0.144 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\MEDIA\CHIMES.WAV

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

PhDSM

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2003, 12:25:42 am »

Still Open:

In trackInfo :
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM1
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM2
>TRACKINFO_INSERT_CUSTOM3
are not returning values.

In Visualization Studio the text field:
>CUSTOM_1
>CUSTOM_3
>CUSTOM_3
are not returning values.

Both were working well in MJ8

How access the new composer field in both VS et TI ?
Rgds
PhDSM

nila

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2003, 12:47:00 am »

BIG SHOW STOPPER!

Video playback is still dodgy to put it nicely.

I'm still getting the : visualisations only displayed for internally support types (the types it lists are all audio which makes me think that even though MJ is classing it as video, it might still be trying to process it as audio).

This happens when I start playing a .avi film, then use the quick play playing now menu option to jump to another film.

I'd be happy to send you a few files but I need access to an ftp with at least a few hundred megs spare space on it. (150 megs per file).

Right now this feature just isn't working at all. :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2003, 04:03:08 am »

Nila,
Please start a separate thread on this.  Did you try deleting them from the library and re-importing?

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2003, 05:04:49 am »

Bugs:
1. Using MC's drag-and-drop support in My Computer to move files (can't copy...yet), MC is changing the last modification timestamp of every file moved.  This is not 'right'...Windows Explorer doesn't modify last modification timestamps when you move or copy files.  NOTE:  Only Id3v1 tags are enabled...v2 are disabled and the files in question didn't have v2 tags anyways.

2. When renaming files (via Rename Files From Properties usually), MC is changing the last modification timestamp of files...this should not happen either.  Again, I just renamed the files...I did not change any tag data.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2003, 05:06:10 am »

Fix capitalization of lyrics (first word of each line starts with a capital): only the first word of the entire text will start with a capital.

OK, it's not a big bug, but it would be nice if it can be fixed.

Good luck!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

chaznet

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2003, 09:14:12 am »

Is the ability for all users to have the capability to create audio CD's an open issue?    :-/

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1049400582

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2003, 10:12:51 am »

Using the new field type 'List' behaves a little stange:

Godley, Kevin; Creme, Lol gives the following result

C
   Creme, Lol
   Godley, Kevin
G
   Creme, Lol
   Godley, Kevin

So both entries appear under both grouping levels.
Pages: [1]   Go Up