INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silence gaps between tracks  (Read 1168 times)

richardcadot

• Recent member
Silence gaps between tracks
« on: March 25, 2021, 08:54:11 am »

Using MC 25 on Windows 10 and Cambridge minx player

The audio setting tells me to go to Media Network. There are gaps in the music (ex: classical symphonies) between track changes. The MC forum says to look for "Track changes" but I cannot find it...

How do I tell MC 25 to play my files continuously without stopping between tracks?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Silence gaps between tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 10:36:45 am »

That's called "gapless" playback.  Try searching in the settings.

richardcadot

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 12:15:16 pm »

That's the point: I can't find the setting because under "Audio", it says to look under "Media Server>DNLA Server" and I looked everywhere in that window and couldn't find "gapless" or anything similar... Where is it?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 05:30:56 pm »

The settings for DLNA devices are not under "Audio" this for directly connected (HDMI, Optical etc) devices.

Management of DLNA servers is at Tools -> Options -> Media Network

Once the server is configured, to set controller options, find the relevant Player under "Playing Now" at the top of the tree on the left of the MC home screen, right click and go down to "DLNA Controller Options".

To ensure gapless playback (assuming the Cambridge Minx supports it) make sure "Disable SetNext Support" is not checked.

If you're unsure what controller settings you should have for your device, run AndrewFG's Media Renderer Analyser; you can get it here: https://www.whitebear.ch/dmra

richardcadot

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 12:15:45 pm »

Thanks! I did all that all since the problem persisted, I dug more and found out that Windows Media server does not support FLAC files!!! So there was a delay between each track due to a conversion from FLAC to MP3 which explained the gap between tracks.

I installed Universal Media Server to replace Windows Media Server, went to the Media Network>Add or configure DLNA server>Audio setting that was on MP3 and chose Original instead. Not only are the gaps and delays disappeared but I am finally enjoying the full HiFi potential of my Cambridge Audio Minx xi.

I'm sharing this so you guys might be able to help even more non-geeks like me! ;-)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 06:23:28 pm »

great news. enjoy the True British Sound.
Pages: [1]   Go Up