INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected Shutdowns  (Read 780 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Unexpected Shutdowns
« on: April 10, 2021, 07:33:43 pm »

I don't know if it is me, or the app, but in the last few days and especially today when I'm trying to work on some playlists/smartlist it shut me down, over and over. Reinstall the previous versions but the same problem. I can't even edit something and the app stop working and shut it. And if I am in folder view of an album it reset my view to a basic one, which sometimes is annoying. So where can I see the errors to fix it or to avoid them? Or this is not what I can do.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unexpected Shutdowns
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 06:17:16 am »

I don't know if it is me, or the app, but in the last few days and especially today when I'm trying to work on some playlists/smartlist it shut me down, over and over. Reinstall the previous versions but the same problem. I can't even edit something and the app stop working and shut it. And if I am in folder view of an album it reset my view to a basic one, which sometimes is annoying. So where can I see the errors to fix it or to avoid them? Or this is not what I can do.
I'll move this to a new thread.

Have you configured Windows Defender?

There is no known stability problem with this build.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 07:49:59 am »

I did add some exceptions on Windows Defender and I will see from now on if this is related to my shut-downs. For now, I added as exception some folders related to MC and if this is not enough I will try to add more specific files/exe there, to see if I will still get any shut-downs.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 07:40:19 pm »

After a few test to see if MC it shut down again, and it seems that adding the exception on Windows Defender didn't help. The shut-down are still happening, and on the same area. Editing smartlist and changing the view it goes to shut down. I wonder is something related to custom fonts which I use inside those smartlist. And another thing which I don't know is the way the MC work but if I save a view with some custom fonts, once I load that view to another smartlist the MC remove that custom font and replace with ??.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 09:26:15 pm »

What version of MC are you running?  And what are you doing?

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 09:51:49 pm »

The last version .081 and what I do, is trying to create some smartlist, and when I load a save view for the smartlist and the MC close it. 2 of 3 is doing this, so I can't do anything about it.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 09:11:28 am »

Back to this problem again. It seems that the exception to Windows Defender didn't do too much. I still got random shut down. Either if I am in a playlist/smartlist or sometimes it shut when doing analyses some files. Sometimes hang in out for some time, and don't respond. And it seems in the last few builds this occurs more often. So what can I do to see where lay the problem and maybe to fix. May be with my library or something else, which again, I can't see myself. If its possible I will send you my library to check where those errors occur. To be honest is frustrating to happen this way more than I want.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 12:48:00 pm »

27.0.85 version here. MC just started shutting down on its own quite a bit since:

MC Update to 27.0.85, and
Windows update to build 19042.928

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 03:16:12 pm »

Try configuring Windows Defender.

krustycat

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 06:30:16 pm »

Understand your pain perfectly.

I have unexpected shutdowns just playing music with MC27 and tried doing everything suggested about windows defender, but nothing worked.

Went back to MC26 and all works perfectly, same computer, server 2019, windows defender real time monitoring on or off, still works, never had any issues.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 06:39:01 pm »

Windows Server is not a supported OS.  But the problem is almost always an antivirus or driver issue.

See the Weird Problems thread in my signature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up