INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *.jmd Files - What are they, Are they important???  (Read 5830 times)

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smiling Increases Your Face Value
*.jmd Files - What are they, Are they important???
« on: April 06, 2003, 07:58:57 am »

My MP3s are stored on my HDD by [artist/album] as subdirectories of "C:\My Data\My Music".  I have 5 "jmd" files in the "My Music" folder.  They are as follows:

browser.jmd
curplaylist.jmd
mediafiles.jmd
playlistx.jmd
removable.jmd

Are these MC9 files?  Should they be there?  What would happen if I deleted them?

dragyn

Re: *.jmd Files - What are they, Are they importan
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 08:03:45 am »

Those are the library files. If they are not currently in use, it's safe to delete. Look in the Library Manager in MC to determine where the library is. Use caution when moving/deleting them. I would backup your libraries first.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 08:15:14 am »

Well the library manager states that the library is in a totally different location (C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data).  I have the same 5 files then in each of these 2 locations on my HDD.  The files in the path above, are more recent (4/5) whereas the files in "My Music" are dated 3/27.  I would assume then, that it would be safe to delete the older files.  Sound right?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 08:22:08 am »

Rename the directory or files to see if everything runs ok first.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 08:27:00 am »

Sounds right to me. I don't understand why those libarary files would be in your music folder unless you or MC copied them there.

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Data is the default library path. In Library Manager, there should be an arrow pointing to the current library. You can have multiple libraries in MC.

If "C:\My Data\My Music\" is not listed in Library Manager, you can click on 'add' and type that path in the box and give it a name in the first box.. Once you done that, you can open those library files and see what's in them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 08:34:00 am »

You could have files in two or more places if you have two or more libraries.

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 08:48:06 am »

Well I never knew of a second library.  I certainly never requested or intentionally created a second library.

I opened the second (older) library and it appears to be nothing more than an older version of my current library.  I deleted it from the library manager, renamed the files, and then put them in the recyle bin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up