INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classe CP-800 II doesn't accept Audiophile 24-bit DAC setting on JRiver MC  (Read 1216 times)

Ouompi

"Biggin165" wrote: "Trying to play direct from my computer over the network to my CP-800 Preamp processor.  The first song plays clearly but everything after that is garbled."

I have a similar problem with my Classe CP-800. It plays quite well when Classe ethernet connection is configured to "Generic DLNA" (but with some unwanted gaps now and then). But when DLNA is configured to "Audiophile 24-bit DAC" as Classe manual suggests to do, something easily goes wrong. When manually changing from a piece of music to another piece of music, everything just plays fine at audiophile level. But when playing the whole album only the first piece plays clearly and after that next piece plays garbled. After that the playing stops.

When I reset the Classe Networks status after that, again the first music file plays fine etc.   

I have tested the DLNA connection and the renderer with Whitebear test, but changing my JRiver MC settings the way Whitebear analyzer recommends did't help.

I have Windows 10, ethernet connections, JRiver MC version 27 and Classe CP-800 in my system.   

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Right click on the renderer and disable SetNext support.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Ouompi

I eventually managed to get my renderer Classe CP-800 II playing with Audiophile 24-bit DAC setting (this in what Classe is supposed to do). The Media Renderer Analyser by Whitebear helped. It recommended to use it with these settings:
- Media Center Renderer Settings: Disable SetNext support: Off/ Ignore DLNA Transport Events: Off.
- Media Center DLNA Server Advanced Settings: Checked the following: Filter International Characters/ Skip Child Count/ Use Flat URLs/ Use Full URLS. - Off: All Others.
- Advanced: Specified Output Format/ MC Audio Format: PCML16 no header/ MC Audio Sample Rate: 44100 Hz/ MC Audio Stereo Downmix: Off/ MC Bitsream DSD Dope: Off.
- Renderer Test: AVT:SetNextAVTransportURI (Gaples play) SUPPORTED/ AVT: SyncPlay (synchronous play) NOT SUPPORTED
- Chosen Renderer Mime-Type: Audio/L16/ Renderer Audio Type: LPCM/ Renderer Sample Rate: 44100/ Renderer Channels: 2/ Renderer Bit Depth: 16.   

Still remains one annoying big problem: the unwanted gaps between the tracks. Actually they are enough to destroy the listening pleasure of all Live Recordings and for example Opera Recordings. Disabling SetNext support doesn't help either. Should I maybe try some earlier version of JRiver MC that Classe CP:800 II user manual recommended about 7 years ago?       

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Let your support contact at Classe know that we'll provide a license if they want to confirm that their instructions are good.  Write me at jimh at jriver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up