INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 28.0.44 for Windows -- Available Here  (Read 4903 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 28.0.44 for Windows -- Available Here
« on: July 23, 2021, 07:45:49 am »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 28.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280044-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280044.exe (works on all systems)

28.0.44 (7/22/2021)

1. Changed: Improved handling of MCE remote controls in Theater View Netflix mode.

28.0.43 (7/20/2021)

1. Fixed: The Opus Input plugin was not getting installed properly.
2. NEW: There to there diversion works now.
3. Changed: The library backup message boxes show even when the program is in error free mode.

28.0.42 (7/16/2021)

1. NEW: Track transitions of any length are supported (previously it would be capped by the buffer size).
2. Changed: When editing the track transition duration, it will empty if you are in gapless or no mode.
3. Changed: Switching the track transition mode to gapless will empty the duration.
4. Changed: The new transition method and duration are saved to the tags.
5. Fixed: IPTV time-shifting buffering file could grow indefinitely because the buffering size limit was not honored.
6. Fixed: Certain streaming audio / video playback might run up disk space usage indefinitely until playback stopped.
7. Changed: Gapless transitions no longer suppress silence (even if the option is enabled).
8. NEW: Recording is enabled on IPTV channels.  Works only if time-shifting works.

28.0.41 (7/15/2021)

1. NEW: Per File Track transitions can be selected for each file by editing the "Track Transition" and "Track Transition Duration" fields.
2. Changed: Library fields are reloaded on language changes so translated strings get recalculated.
3. Fixed: Some IPTV channels would not have duration info during time-shifting.  We fixed this by changing how we collect time stamp info.

28.0.40 (7/13/2021)

1. Fixed: When MC fell back to non-time-shifting mode during IPTV playback, the position counter still advanced (instead of staying at 0).

28.0.39 (7/10/2021)

1. Fixed: Build 38 could crash during lyrics lookup.

28.0.38 (7/9/2021)

1. Fixed: Returning from Theater View could make the window fill the screen instead of snapping back to the old size.
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
3. Fixed: Various Theater View message box prompts could be hidden in error-free playback mode.
4. Changed: Made double-click to play and drag and drop into the player always reanalyze the file even if it's already been analyzed.
5. NEW: IPTV channels will be played in time-shifting mode.  Does not work for all URLs.  If time-shifting fails, MC automatically falls back to non-time-shifting mode.

28.0.37 (7/8/2021)

1. Fixed: Sat>IP channels with DVBS modulation would not play while those with DVBS2 did play (an old bug crept back).
2. Changed: Made W64 file opening a little more forgiving of the headers.

28.0.36 (7/6/2021)

1. Changed: Moved the high resolution checkbox in Analyzer to the right of the top line.
2. Fixed: Google lyrics lookup could contain extra stuff at the end.
3. Fixed: Genius lyric lookup was not working.
4. Changed: Pressing OK out of options on the DLNA page only switches the zone if a DLNA zone is selected (instead of always).
5. Changed: The thread that loads output plugins pumps the message loop to handle any window events (previously some ASIO plugins could hang).
6. Changed: Improved remote control "Back" key handling in Netflix for better navigation.

28.0.35 (7/2/2021)

1. Fixed: The ListMath expression could crash if an empty string was passed in.
2. Changed: Tuned the equalizer size so the text should fit below the sliders better in normal configurations.
3. Changed: Made the EQ up / down increment less (0.1 dB now).

28.0.34 (7/1/2021)

1. Fixed: Jumping to and from display view was not always working in recent builds.
2. Fixed: A corrupt wav format file (or aiff) with bad metadata could have caused a crash on import.
3. Fixed: The Cloudplay filter would not apply when playing from the Play Doctor search box.
4. Changed: Made the VST sample size optional in Options > Audio > Advanced (takes a restart for the change to take effect).

28.0.33 (6/29/2021)

1. Changed: Play/Pause Media Center remote keys now properly interact with Netflix.
2. Changed: When opening Netflix in Theater View, playback in the active zone is stopped.
3. NEW: Added 8x to the DSD encoding options.
4. NEW: Made the DSD to DSD conversion more direct when outputting at a lower rate to support bitstreaming.
5. Changed: Added sorting to the view extras menu instead of just sorting using the file system.
6. Changed: Disabled the stop after choices for DLNA devices (may return later).
7. Changed: WASAPI lists the default device as a choice now.
8. Fixed: Ripping a DVD or Blu-Ray could cause a crash if MakeMKV was not found.
9. Changed: Cloudplay server calls happen in a loop so a sporadic failure will try again.
10. NEW: Added a zone diversion MCWS (MCWS/v1/Playback/Divert).

28.0.32 (6/25/2021)

1. Fixed: Ripping using MakeMKV would fail if the destination folder didn't exist.

28.0.31 (6/25/2021)

1. Changed: Made the VST buffer a little bigger because the Dirac VST could report no signal with the current size.
2. Fixed: Switching from Display View to Standard View didn't change the size back because of a change a couple builds back.
3. Fixed: The (newline) in expressions was going into the wrong part so the expression itself could be changed.
4. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).

28.0.30 (6/24/2021)

1. Fixed: The TreeNode() expression is more reliable when used in the main navigation tree.
2. Changed: DSD encoding now asks the output whether it wants DSD or DoP (instead of assuming DSD).
3. Changed: Made the EQ resize nicely with the window (so you can size it taller).

28.0.29 (6/23/2021)

1. Fixed: The Edge Web component was not being properly installed on Windows 7.
2. NEW: Added the new S-Curve cross-fade modes.
3. Fixed: When playing videos, the player could return to the previous size and position as it advanced tracks.

28.0.28 (6/22/2021)

1. Fixed: Equalizer presets would not fully upgrade to the new 20 band approach.
2. NEW: When bitstreaming DSD at a higher rate than bitstreaming supports, it will just down convert the DSD so it will still be a DSD bitstream.
3. Changed: Using a smaller VST block size to avoid latency that could happen with some visualizers.
4. Fixed: DLNA Conversion to DSF was setting the header of the DSF file to an incorrect number of samples (2x the real amount) resulting in odd or no playback on some devices.

28.0.27 (6/21/2021)

1. Changed: Updated LAV Filters to 0.75.1, used in video playback, many fixes and much improved AV1 video support.
2. NEW: Track Info plugins are copied during an upgrade install.
3. NEW: Added s-curve modes to the cross-fade options (instead of piggy backing).  You can pick standard (in and out) or aggressive (which only fades out).
4. Fixed: The 20 band equalizer wasn't applying all 20 bands yet.

28.0.26 (6/20/2021)

1. Changed: Multiple lines are accepted in expression editors again.
2. Changed: When outputting a newline for the rename tool, the string "(newline)" will replace the actual line breaks.

28.0.25 (6/18/2021)

1. Changed: Made the 20-band equalizer less wide.
2. Changed: Multiline is turned off in the expression editor only in the rename tool instead of everywhere.

28.0.24 (6/17/2021)

1. Fixed: Playing a track from Cloudplay with no matching artists in the library to Cloudplay again would not find Cloudplay files.
2. Changed: The smooth cross-fade is now an S-curve (feedback appreciated).
3. Changed: Spaces are trimmed from the head and tail of the filename and directory rule in the rename tool.  Newlines are also trimmed.
4. Changed: If the audio analyzer tool is set to auto-start, it now closes automatically when it finishes.
5. Changed: The expression editor used by the rename tool (and other tools) no longer accepts carriage return.

28.0.23 (6/15/2021)

1. NEW: The equalizer is 20 band instead of 10 band.
2. Fixed: Cancel in a library backup would still ask about saving thumbnails.
3. Fixed: Lyrics lookup could contain extra HTML markers in some cases.
4. NEW: Added a "Last Played (album)" field that is set album wide for plays.
5. Fixed: The MCWS call Control/AnalyzeAudio would not work reliably due to threading.
6. Changed: Added the ability to call Control/AnalyzeAudio with a list of file keys.
7. Changed: The web browser place holder in Theater View is now black, instead of gray, resulting in less jaring transitions when the browser is loading.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts function once again on Playing Now Track Info when using the Edge browser engine.
9. Fixed: The scrollbar in Netflix Web is hidden, for a better fullscreen experience.
10. Fixed: The "Billboard"-style main suggestion on the Netflix home page can be selected.
11. Changed: Pressing the Select/OK/Enter button after playback of a title in Netflix ended will select the "Next Episode" button.

28.0.22 (6/10/2021)

1. NEW: Opus input plugin, with full tag reading/writing support.
2. Changed: Deleting an image would stop playback instead of just going to the next image.
3. Fixed: Potential fix for the Media Center shell extension blocking certain other shell commands from working.
4. Changed: Using a little smaller VST buffer size.

28.0.21 (6/8/2021)

1. Changed: VST plugins could cause latency because of the new buffer delivery system.  Now it uses smaller buffers.
2. Fixed: Library backups could not include thumbnails because some code was commented out in release.
3. Fixed: The example for the Extract function was not right.
4. NEW: Tag() expression function will return any image XMP tags that are not JRiver database fields, for example, Tag(XMP: Label).  Also, Tag(EXIF: Make) and Tag(EXIF: Model) will return make and mode of the camera, individually (whereas [Camera] returns a combination of the two as before).
5. Changed: Diverting to a DLNA zone will issue a seek (since bookmarking is not supported) to retain the playback position.

28.0.20 (6/4/2021)

1. NEW: Tabs support dragging to re-order (and dragging also takes the views so you can drag a tab to Playing Now to play, etc.).
2. Changed: Made restoring a library and settings faster (doesn't decompress twice any longer).
3. NEW: Added the ability to include thumbnails in a library backup.
4. Changed: The expression engine is better about evaluation strings in brackets and not always assuming something after a comma is a parameter.
5. Changed: Renamed the Diversion feature.
6. NEW: Added a menu option "Divert Here" to divert from playing zones.

28.0.19 (6/2/2021)

1. Changed: Made the size of audio block delivered to a VST plug-in always match the maximum size we told the plug-in (wasn't checking previously).
2. NEW: Added the feature "Divert" to zone right-clickto move playback to a different zone.
3. Changed: Made the MCWS function Playback/LoadDSPPreset able to load DLNA zones (like the save added recently).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnso515

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 28.0.44 for Windows -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 03:44:04 pm »

This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 28.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 64-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280044-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

Download 32-bit build
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v28/latest/MediaCenter280044.exe (works on all systems)

28.0.44 (7/22/2021)

Problem with Smartlists:  Smartlists that reference other lists lose their context. The name of the playlists or smartlists is replaced with Custom:[Playlist ID]= with no ids.  None of the other conditions are effected.  I have tried reassigning the playlists with the drop down and by settingthe ID and neither method sticks for morethan a few minutes.  This has been happening since at least28.0.30.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 04:01:55 pm »

I just made a smartlist that references a playlist.  It worked.  I refreshed a bunch of times.  Still showed the right tracks.

Any other clues to help us reproduce your issue?  Thanks.

johnso515

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 04:46:15 pm »

I just made a smartlist that references a playlist.  It worked.  I refreshed a bunch of times.  Still showed the right tracks.

Any other clues to help us reproduce your issue?  Thanks.

Here is an example:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [Playlist ID]= [Genre]=[Rock],[Southern Rock],[Funk],[Cajun],[Blues],[Metal//Hard Rock],[New Wave],[Post Punk],[Punk],[Ska],[Reggae],[Rockabilly],[Surf Rock],[Celtic],[Folk],[Scottish Folk],[Soundtrack],[Polka],[Big Band],[Latin],[Bluegrass],[Country],[Western Swing],[R&B],[Zydeco] ~s=9000

should be based on this

[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Genre]=[],[Chamber Music],[Christmas],[Classical],[Concerto],[Opera],[Orchestral],[Piano],[Podcast],[Speech] ~mix=3000,34%,{[Rating]=5 [Last Played]=>1d},33%,{[Rating]=4 [Last Played]=>15d},17%,{[Rating]=3 [Last Played]=>45d},16%,{[Rating]=2 [Last Played]=>120d} ~nodup=[Artist],[Name]

Im running windows 10 on an HP Laptop. Just updated to 28.0.44.  The library is loaded from another windows 10 PC on the local network. I see this though on both instances.  This has been happening with multiple smartlists- both newly created and those that have been unchanged for months.

It happens without interaction - eg I check the smartlist.  The base playlist name is gone.  I fix it, and then check back in 10 minutes and it is gone again.

Is there anything else I can share? 

ИПендехо

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 07:28:18 am »

the best of programs that very often spoils CDs!
recording using Yamaha CRW-F1 (brand new, mileage of about a hundred discs) on Verbatim cd-R music (x1). repeatedly, on many versions: MC can record only half a disc - insert after recording it into the player (sony cdp-d12), shows the tracks that should be, start playing: from the middle of the disc without sound!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 01:44:59 pm »

the best of programs that very often spoils CDs!
recording using Yamaha CRW-F1 (brand new, mileage of about a hundred discs) on Verbatim cd-R music (x1). repeatedly, on many versions: MC can record only half a disc - insert after recording it into the player (sony cdp-d12), shows the tracks that should be, start playing: from the middle of the disc without sound!

This may be the recent Windows problem with CD's. 
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,24031.msg902087.html#msg902087

I'll move this to a new thread.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 04:59:04 pm »

I initially posted about this issue yesterday in the Remote section because along with updating from mc 27 to 28.44 I also downloaded the most recent JRemote beta  However I have ruled out jremote as a culprit as this again occurred today NOT using JRemote.

I updated to mc 28.44 from 27 2 days ago. I noticed this problem yesterday while watching prerecorded TV shows. Once I completed the show I stop the playback, again select the show I was just watching, scroll over to "Delete" and click on it. NOTHING happens except it goes right back to the show listings. Normally after selecting delete a popup would ask whether i wanted to delete from just the library, disc or both, etc. Yesterday, I rebooted and the delete began working as it should again. Just now, it started not deleting....I just rebooted and now it works.

This has never happened before.

SteveMA

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 08:40:02 pm »

I, too, recently updated to MC 28 (from 25 and in the teens before that).  I find MC28 to be quite unstable as I frequently get the message about canceling or wait until the programs responds.  I've been able to "deal" with that but I have not been able to rip Blu ray discs at all.  Even with the "help" of AnyDVD.  I deleted MC25 after getting messages suggesting interference with MC28.  Will MC28 be as user friendly (as, eg, MC 25) anytime soon!!!
Steve

milsdrewbulch

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2021, 10:19:20 pm »

"Use gapless for sequential album tracks" should not override "Switch tracks" manual track change setting. Please see more detailed explanation here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130219.msg903265.html#msg903265 

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 11:41:19 pm »

Problem with Smartlists:  Smartlists that reference other lists lose their context. The name of the playlists or smartlists is replaced with Custom:[Playlist ID]= with no ids.  None of the other conditions are effected.  I have tried reassigning the playlists with the drop down and by settingthe ID and neither method sticks for morethan a few minutes.  This has been happening since at least28.0.30.

Im running windows 10 on an HP Laptop. Just updated to 28.0.44.  The library is loaded from another windows 10 PC on the local network. I see this though on both instances.  This has been happening with multiple smartlists- both newly created and those that have been unchanged for months.

It happens without interaction - eg I check the smartlist.  The base playlist name is gone.  I fix it, and then check back in 10 minutes and it is gone again.

Is there anything else I can share? 
Smartlist "Playlists" Rule broken - always resorts to broken [Playlist ID]=
Do not use the playlist ID dropdowns... use p=playlist name shorthand instead. More info here, here and here.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 07:34:32 am »

Smartlist "Playlists" Rule broken - always resorts to broken [Playlist ID]=
Do not use the playlist ID dropdowns... use p=playlist name shorthand instead. More info here, here and here.

Any tips to reproduce that?

I set a smartlist to reference a playlist.  It works.  I restart, it's still there.

Thanks.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 08:58:56 am »

They break if there's any playlist change made on the clients

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 09:00:33 am »

They break if there's any playlist change made on the clients

I don't think you can use the ID across a library server.  Try using the name.

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 05:57:18 am »

I'd like to report a bug I found with default WASAPI option. If I set Windows' default audio to JRiver's WDM output, default WASAPI audio will not work (probably loop between JRiver's WDM and WASAPI). Please fix default WASAPI option to handle the case with JRiver WDM driver as audio output and choose others. Thank you.

Mike_WI

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 07:26:48 am »

I have downloaded v28 to other computers, but can't on my main desktop.
I can download file, but when I attempt to open a red warning box comes up.
I "Run Anyway" and get that "File is Corrupt".

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2021, 03:48:36 pm »

Antivirus?

or

Your machine is 32-bit and you're installing the 64-bit version of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up