INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.139 beta  (Read 6760 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.139 beta
« on: March 31, 2003, 12:58:57 pm »

Media Center 9.0.139 beta is available.    

Some things may not work.  If that worries you, please wait until Media Center is out of beta.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90139.exe

1. Fixed: Media Scheduler did not show video during scheduled recording.
2. Fixed: In time shifting, seeking with trackbar on MC player window would not work if one tries to seek past around 5 minutes.
3. Fixed: CD ripping and digital playback were not working on some computer systems.
4. Fixed: Registration Info was still using name Media Jukebox instead of Media Center.
5. Changed: All MC menus are now the same style. (except playback engine menus -- will change later)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

10sne1

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.0.139 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 01:08:03 pm »

Problem with CD burning in 9.0.138.  I choose files and send them to burner.  I moved a couple songs to end of list and then I updated order.  The audio CD burned with tracks in the original order--not the order I wanted.  I tried again...this time made sure all tracks were highlighted and choose update order.  The Seg # was correct but CD still burned in track order of how they were sent to CD burner.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 01:15:03 pm »

Ok,

Sorry Matt I really was faster that you this time.

Good news : CD playback works again, thanks so much.

Ripping works too but I still have a long initializing time on one of my drives.

Thanks Matt & JohnT
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2003, 01:26:32 pm »

CD burning problem.  Ok now after burning this disk for the 3rd time I see that the CD is burned in the order I set up BUT Media Center reads the tracks wrong.  In other words the tracks are burned in the order I selected but when I put the disk into the computer the tracks are shown in the order I had originally had them before reordering.  STRANGE.  I click on the name of the first track and instead of playing that title it's playing what I know I wanted first!

dougc

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2003, 01:36:38 pm »

From .138

-2. Changed: MC menus wouldn't allow items to be selected with the right mouse button. - Thanks!

-3. Fixed: Right-click MRU tracking was adding all items to the MRU list, not just right-click items.

This is much better but could still use some help for it to be it's best.  The biggest problem is that one gets used to menu items being in certain positions.  Doing anything "different" from the menu results in the positions being shuffled.  Tracking the time of use of items in the MRU list and replacing the oldest one would help.

I noticed the MRU items aren't being saved between restarts.  I like it that way but I'm not sure if it's a feature or bug.

Other issues:

-The scroll wheel on a Microsoft mouse doesn't work in the left or right panes of MC unless you click in the pane.  Other apps let you drift over a pane and have the scroll wheel work (Outlook Express and IE with the favorites list up, for example).  A minor nit I know but it'd be really nice if there's an easy fix.

-The little icon in the XP taskbar during install is the old jukebox icon.

-Still no response on the problem with the volume control not working with multiple sound devices and MC configured to use something other than the system default device.

Doug

Ronster

• Recent member
  • You silly wabbit!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2003, 02:02:24 pm »

Can you please add back the "show text labels"
under the Customize Toolbar - Text options.

I used to have text under all by icons on the toolbar, and this has not been working in the last several versions.

This helps new users who are not familar with your icons.

Thanks,  keep up the good work!!!!

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2003, 02:57:58 pm »

still no rip for me.  *wimper*

other than that, looking hot.  you studs, you.

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 593 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 56 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

wickamo

• Recent member
  • I know what I like, and I like what I know.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2003, 03:06:11 pm »

Yeah Baby!  I'm Ripping Again.     Thanks!

Go Giants!

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1620 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 382 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

RemyJ

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2003, 05:32:13 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/03/31  Priority: High
    Returned Bug: The first track you play via a media server with authentication enabled requires you to enter a userid and password again.  It remembers what was entered previously if you've checked the 'save this password' box but you're still required to press enter.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: High
    When 'Decode directly to CD' is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: Medium
    Connecting to a media server seems unusually slow.  20 seconds on my local network.  Most of the wait time is after the library is retrieved.  There doesn't seem to be any network or CPU activity during this time

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/03/18  Priority: Medium
    Old bug resurfaced:  If 'External Encoder' is selected, it's options dialog pops up un-asked for when the main encoder options page is opened.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/10/15  Priority: Medium
    Analyze Audio isn't handling tracks under 10 seconds very well.   BPM is left at 0 and gains are set anywhere from -20db to +159db.   This would be OK if there were a way to manually adjust the gain and peak level values instead of just being able to clear them.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: Low
    If you use the mjextman /Connect command to connect to a remote library when the default local library is empty, MC pops up the Import Media dialog as soon as it starts and requires you to dismiss it before it will connect to the remote library.  Happens with or without authentication.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/13  Priority: Low
    The YADB track lookup will only work in small batches.  I just tried a batch of 14 track from 'Neko Case' 'Blacklisted' and got the last 4 tracks only.  Had to go back and do 4 at a time to get them all.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/09/26  Priority: Low
    When collapsing 'Auto Smartlists (audio)' after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 08:27:02 pm »

Still Open:

1. Mp3's imported from a CD do not display images stored in the file during playback in visualizations they are in the database. Also still not showing the format info in properties.

2. Can't seem to create a View Scheme that will show a CD of mp3's in the tree by Volume Name/Filename. Files on hard drives show correctly under this scheme but the CDs do not show the folders in the left pane tree at all. The correct path is shown in the database.  

3. When in window mode the file properties window gets lost under the Media Center window when another track is clicked in the library. Should at least have an option for "Always on top".  

Happening again
4. Resizing Media Center horizontally in mega-me mode intermittently causes album art being displayed in a visualization to revert to the the MJ Surfer. (Art is inside MP3 file)   And yes it still is reverting to MJSurfer not the new graphic. This may happen only once per night so it will probably be hard to reproduce. Sequence that seems to cause it most often is:
  1. Right click on tree branch in left pane.
  2. Click on play
  3. Double click vertical bar to close left pane.

Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 08:37:25 pm »

When renaming TV stations, then using Media scheduler to record a TV show from that station you renamed, it records from a different station.  

The only way all stations are correct is if you don't rename anything and leave it like Channel 1, Channel 2  etc.  

(try with renaming different stations, then record a show from a station you didn't select previously, it will record from the channel that you've last previewed, except when you take a NON renamed one)
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2003, 08:47:43 pm »

This is from 138, but I don't have the time to install 139 right now.

I forgot to map a number of network drives and got a warning:

Media Jukebox was unable to play any of the files in the playlist.  Please make sure that the path in the Media Jukebox library [...]

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2003, 08:49:14 pm »

When running in FUllscreen (or hairstyle) on my TV out (on my PC monitor it works) and then starting Timeshifting (CTRL P), MC crashes.

If doing this on my PC monitor, all fine, only when displaying via my TV Out (as extended desktop), it crashes

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2603 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 146 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.57 (1008)

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2003, 08:50:47 pm »

From the Media Server option dialog in 138:  "Don not respond to auto detect requests."  (Note also the period at the end; most items don't end in periods.)

RMB

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2003, 09:19:38 pm »

Bugs still outstanding -

SmartLists -  

If I try to reproduce the provided 'Task - no images' it fails on the 'Image Fle' clause.

If I try to use the Wizard to set Image File = <empty>, although I tick the relevent box, it does not save the setting - I am left with an empty clause.

If I use the Edit (by Typing) option, I can set it - but then I get nothing matching - even though it has matches on the provided smartlist!

Web Radio Playback
I am still unable to play anything except some of the Featured Stations - I get the Warning Dialog box saying 'Please select file(s) to play'.
If it is relevent I am working through ICS on Win2k

Duration Mismatch
If I look at a specific Album in Media Library, I am told that the total duration is a little over 1 Hour, but if I then tell MC to Burn a CD of the Album, it tells me that it will fit on a single CD (98% of 74 minute CD). Having burnt the CD, all the tracks are there!
What gives ?  If it is relevent, I have not specified that it should delete silence.
RMB

nila

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2003, 09:45:02 pm »

Matt,  ;D

I know you dont really want to add any more options, but maybe: 'Select All Files when None Selected' needs to be an option? It seems like it really is split pretty much 50/50 on who likes it and who doesn't?

I've personally had my whole library messed up from it and so want MJ to be cautious. Others might be more careful than me and so not want it. Others who do want it might change their mind and not want it later if they've had an accident like mine.

10,000 messed up tags later I DEFINITELY do not want it with a vigor, other people do want it though quite a lot :)
I just find it scary that without selecting anything I can still change the tags on everything.

One thing that would be nice though is if the 'Statistics' page displayed the info for all of them even when none are selected as this is totally non-destructive data and doesn't hurt anyone. An empty statistics page is of no use to anyone so I think this is one that everyone would agree on :)

nila

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2003, 10:35:05 pm »

• Still having all my .m2v and .avi files reported incorrently as audio instead of video.
  • Had a CDRW formatted to let me do packet burning, wanted to erase it to burn a CD in MJ and tried right clicking on it in Devices no luck, only way I eventually worked out possible to do this is by adding tracks to it, then going to the screen and clicking options, erase - there needs to be an option directly available to erase disks, it shouldn't be so much of a work around to get there.
  • There are buttons to jump to ALL parts of the Left tree pane EXCEPT the plugin section, could there please be one for this too.
  • Search Wizard still lacking all date features.
  • Still impossible to amend search to join two searches together with an 'A or B'
  • Button on keyboard to bring up right click menu doesn't work in the search bar.
  • Erased a CDRW, then burnt an album to it. According to MJ both tasks completed successfully, closed the CD tray after burning and MJ displays the disk as empty as does explorer. (I think I found the problem - Drag-To-Disc (by roxio) was claiming the disc and locking it (I THINK) and MJ just claimed it was doing everything to it even though it couldn't actually do any of it to the disk).

nila

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2003, 10:47:15 pm »

BUG
  • CD Text is still totally messed up when burning CD's
    (I'm getting smart - I tested it with a CDRW this time :)

Here are the settings I used:
  • Audio CD
  • Decode Files directly to CD
  • Write CD-Text
  • Apply Cross-Fade and Dsp Effects (Gapless)

(the 'Other' in 'Transition between tracks' doesn't draw properly as it overlays the drawing of the frame around it)

System Settings:
    Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center 9\

AMD Athlon 1667 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 262 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive I: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Marko

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 10:55:00 pm »

Can't rip or play enhanced cd's (standard cd's are fine though. 8) 8))

In tv, changing channels via the "right-click on screen" menu does not update the playing now info in the player control. this messes up the next and previous channels.

MC crashes after installing mp3 plugin via MC's internal prompts.

After a clean install, the first job is to run through the options screens. DSP settings for output format and replay gain made from the playback options screen are not saved. After finishing with all options, clicking OK, then bringing up DSP studio from the player control area, the settings are all on default and need to be reconfigured. After that, the settings stick.

With skinning enabled, the scroll wheel is not scrolling the window the cursor is hovering over. To scroll the desired window, it must be clicked in first. If skinning is disabled, the scrolling works as expected.

Web radio problems.....
My current fave station is a .asf stream. It works just fine, but....
In the morning, their server can get really busy and is often max'd out and refusing connections. 1st of all, MC's error message when this happens is full of doom and gloom. It would help if the possibility that the server may be busy were included in the error.
Next up, when I click OK to the "failed to play" error, the player control states that MC is "waiting" and hangs there. To get connected to the server, I have to press stop, then play, wait..... clear error dialogue, press stop, press play, wait..... etc. etc. till after usually less than 10 attempts I get a connection. Is it possible for MC to automatically do
  • number of retries, so that this hassle is avoided?
    Listening to: 'Scotlands Best Variety of Music and Talk' on Media Center 9.0

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    AMD Athlon 1611 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929)wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2003, 02:03:08 am »

WebRemote weirdness when used with NetRemote. I get "Runtime Error" crashes by playing from the library, on one computer it helped to clear the library and re-import everything. On another one I can't get WebRemote to install - it says "unsupported plugin", so I think I'll revert a few builds until this is sorted out. Any ideas what this might be?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Dopas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • MC rocks ... keep up your good work!
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2003, 03:17:29 am »

New Mode Button (Mega Me, Mini me etc.):
I used the MiniMe button a lot to switch back from MegaMe mode. Can you change the default bahavior of the new button that when clicking on it, it automatically switches to the next mode. That will save a right click on the button for the default behavior.

Dom

Media Center 12.X/13.x
Handheld: IPOD 60GB, Creative Vision:M
Media Receiver: DLink DSM-320

ZRocker

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2003, 04:17:21 am »

Bugs (maybe):
1. With Playing Now highlighted and right-clicking its playlist, I'm not sure Play > Play and Play > Add to Playing Now functions are working as they should...try it and you tell me.  Seems like these functions need special treatment when used on Playing Now's playlist.

Not a request (haha):
1. Can we get a keyboard shortcut for Invert Selection?  (something like [Shift-Ctrl-A] will do)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2003, 04:25:33 am »

New Mode Button (Mega Me, Mini me etc.):
I used the MiniMe button a lot to switch back from MegaMe mode. Can you change the default bahavior of the new button that when clicking on it, it automatically switches to the next mode. That will save a right click on the button for the default behavior.

Dom

The mini-me button is still available if you customize your toolbar.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2003, 04:59:22 am »

I've been away for a while writing a plug-in, and have loaded .138 and .139 for testing.

Now, when I'm viewing images and press the button for Windowed Mode, MC itself disappears leaving only the window view. I have to go to the taskbar and click one of the two MC icons - then MC is on *top* of the image window and I have to click the image window to get it back on top. Editing images is very cumbersome like this.

I don't know when this broke, as my last version was .119.

ZRocker

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2003, 05:09:08 am »

RandyP,

The JRiver folks are calling this a feature...I hate it too, but I think we are stuck with it (argh...I know).

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2003, 05:13:08 am »

The contents of "Playing Now" don't always show the proper contents. I had been editing some images in "Playing Now" when the Alarm Clock came on this morning. As you can see below, although the plug-in filled Playing Now with the proper songs and they are playing, the window still shows the images I had been editing previously. Note that the lower-left window show the proper file count and play status.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2003, 05:36:23 am »

A few ripping bugs;
1.  When you are in Ripping mode and select Options there are big delays.  For example, if you select encoder to change encoders there is about a 30 second delay. Same for several other choices.
2.  While encoding to WMA 192 after copying and normalization, just when word encoding pops up a three sucessive boxes pop up, each with the numbers 1, 2 or 3 in them and ok.  clicking okay makes the boxes go away and thing progress thru encoding fine but the same three boxes pop up for the next selection.  This does not happen when encoding to APE.
3.When encoding to WMA if you rip a second CD the first cut will come up saying Initializing and get stuck there.  Closing MC and restarting fixes it.  

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium 4 2252 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 219 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 100 %

Ken

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
Tagging & MJ Relicts
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2003, 06:48:16 am »

This one still saves the version nr of itself into the mp3-tags, REMOVE THIS >:( >:(

Moreover, still MJ8-relicts in MC9 (although it has become less ;) ) :

THE Setup-SFX contains still 14 files containing "MJ" in their name, the prog-folder is still called "Media Jukebox" containing a "Media Jukebox.exe" & "Media Jukebox.tlb"

The explorer context-menu still shows old icon & "Media Jukebox".

The Plugin-Manager reports "MJ DSP & OUT MJ", moreover the input-plugins CDA,mp3,vorbis,wav&wma still refer to Media jukebox.

The vis-window in mini-me shows MediaJukebox when playback is stopped, as well as the title-field in winamp-skin.

Raist

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2003, 07:32:39 am »

Only one bug to report this build:  Still unable to add individual TV channels as favorites -- any TV channel added to the favorites list will just link to the "TV Tuner" node in the left-hand tree; expected behavior would be to start the TV and go to that channel (or just go there if the TV is already running).

I don't know if the "renaming channels makes them alphabetize in the list rather than staying in channel order" bug still exists, so I can't report on it.  

RandyP,

The JRiver folks are calling this a feature...I hate it too, but I think we are stuck with it (argh...I know).

Not to get off topic, but I rather love this feature, Z-Rocker.  I watch TV with MC a LOT and every time I would window it, I'd have to manually minimize.  I guess the middle ground would be to make it an option.

Other than the above favorites bug, no further bugs for my meager eyes to report.  TV and iPod are both working great; art looks better than ever; program runs like a dream.

Congratulations to the JRiver team and "<insert deity here> speed" as we approach "GO-day"
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

msc3

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2003, 08:02:55 am »

I am receiving the following errors when trying to launch a windows media player link from a web page:

1. From either IE 6 or Mozilla if I select the WMP link from the following page, I get this error message box:

Window Media Player: Cannot Open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.

http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?sid=1735&nid=162

2. If I save the link target (an asx file) to disk and try to open it as a media file, I get the same message.

Here is the asx file:

<ASX version = "3.0">
<ENTRY>
<TITLE>WTOP News</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Bonneville DC Radio Group</AUTHOR>
<Copyright>2003</Copyright>
<Ref href = "http://play.rbn.com/play.asx?url=bonnevilledc/wtop/wmdemand/prerolls/starpower.asf&proto=mms?mswmext=.asx" />
<ENTRY>
  <BANNER HREF="http://wwwhost.rbn.com/bonnevilledc/wtop/web/prerolls/starpower_logo.gif">
      <ABSTRACT>Click here to visit our site!</ABSTRACT>
      <MOREINFO HREF="http://www.starpower.net" />
  </BANNER>
</ENTRY>

</ENTRY>

<ENTRY>
<TITLE>WTOP News</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Bonneville DC Radio Group</AUTHOR>
<Copyright>© 2003</Copyright>
<Ref href = "http://play.rbn.com/play.asx?url=bonnevilledc/wtop/wmlive/wtoplive.asf&proto=mms&redund=2?mswmext=.asx "/>
<ENTRY>
  <BANNER HREF="http://wwwhost.rbn.com/bonnevilledc/wtop/web/prerolls/starpower_logo.gif">
      <ABSTRACT>Click here to visit our site!</ABSTRACT>
      <MOREINFO HREF="http://www.starpower.net" />
  </BANNER>
</ENTRY>
</ENTRY>

</ASX>

Windows Media Player 9 handles both cases without any problems. TIA.
Maynard
(This space for rent)

ZRocker

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2003, 08:38:50 am »

Not to get off topic, but I rather love this feature, Z-Rocker.  I watch TV with MC a LOT and every time I would window it, I'd have to manually minimize.  I guess the middle ground would be to make it an option.

I have a simple solution...have a Shift-Click version that does it one way and a normal Click version that does it the other way...that way both types of users can easily be satisfied and it does not require yet another program option setting.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2003, 08:42:37 am »

Sound recorder isnt working.

I get the sound alright, but it doesnt record.
I hit "start" but nothing happens. "Wait for sound.." is unchecked.

When hitting "stop" because "start" didnt do anything, nothing happens. When then hitting "exit" in sound recorder menu, MC hangs for a while and then crashes.

Reproducable every time (for 6 times now)

Media Center Registered 9.0.139 -- C:\Programmer\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 1808 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W2410A   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2003, 09:17:18 am »

It seems like issues are getting confused. The TV situation could be handled with "Tools / Options / Playback / Behavior", adding "Windowed" and/or "Windowed and Minimized", as your action qualifies for "Jump On Play".

In my situation, I had already started playback. Playing Now was the current view. I'm trying to use MC as an editing tool for my images. I simply want to undock the view so I can see images with a better aspect ratio. The number of times I have to Undock, Restore and Relocate because of this is painful. I'm sure the Minimize button for the TV would be pressed far less often than I do the button-dance while editing images now.

Unless the desktop is devoid of other windows, minimizing MC only removes one window of many from the "background". Is it really that important to have one less window on the desktop - when you're losing the control window for the program itself? How does one less window enhance the viewing experience? Should appearance outrank utility?

(PS, Hi Kurt, long time no see. I've been heads-down on AlarmClock)

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2003, 09:59:53 am »

The Number Plays and Last Played fields of images are not updated when they are played. These fields for MPGs are properly updated, as are CD&DVD contents. Only images seem to be missed.

I hope to be able to use SmartLists to choose image files based on LastPlayed in the same manner as audio files.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2003, 11:02:52 am »

msc3,

I can't reproduce the problem you've reported. Can anybody else reproduce it?

Nikolay

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2003, 11:50:23 am »

Moreover, still MJ8-relicts in MC9 (although it has become less  ) :

THE Setup-SFX contains still 14 files containing "MJ" in their name, the prog-folder is still called "Media Jukebox" containing a "Media Jukebox.exe" & "Media Jukebox.tlb"

The explorer context-menu still shows old icon & "Media Jukebox".

The Plugin-Manager reports "MJ DSP & OUT MJ", moreover the input-plugins CDA,mp3,vorbis,wav&wma still refer to Media jukebox.

The vis-window in mini-me shows MediaJukebox when playback is stopped, as well as the title-field in winamp-skin.

Raist

I'm not sure it's really necessary to make sure every single dll  says mc instead of mj.

My folder is Media Center, not Media Jukebox.

The exe probably should be renamed, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up