INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 28 freezes and stops almost every time.  (Read 978 times)

RamsX

• Recent member
JRiver 28 freezes and stops almost every time.
« on: September 03, 2021, 09:30:00 am »

JRiver 28 freezes and stops almost every time  ?  ?
I'm using an almost new laptop, with following specs:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz   1.50 GHz
Intel Iris Plus GPU

Whats wrong??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver 28 freezes and stops almost every time.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 09:34:03 am »

Configure Windows Defender.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 03:43:51 am »

I never had an issue with Windows Defender and JRiver, I have always had anti virus configured and won't ever think to disable it on the machine opened to the Internet.

(1)
Could it be related to your storage?
Is there anything else running on the machine?
Try to figure out via Task Manager

(2) did you try previous version of JRiver? I bought a license of V28, but still use V27

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 04:47:35 am »

I never had an issue with Windows Defender and JRiver, I have always had anti virus configured and won't ever think to disable it on the machine opened to the Internet.

(1)
Could it be related to your storage?
Is there anything else running on the machine?
Try to figure out via Task Manager

(2) did you try previous version of JRiver? I bought a license of V28, but still use V27

@RamsX might not have configured Defender or other AntiVirus ... and that could be the cause

Modern security software monitor application execution in real time ... including scanning files application access and network access in real time ... this could slow MC significantly
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 03:07:10 am »

@RamsX might not have configured Defender or other AntiVirus ... and that could be the cause

Modern security software monitor application execution in real time ... including scanning files application access and network access in real time ... this could slow MC significantly

Yes, but JRiver is not a high-performance web server with 100,000 requests per minute

I always had default settings, I had gone through many audio pc I built, never had an issue with Defender.

And again - tampering with anti-virus on the internet facing desktop (vs closed server cluster on hardened env) is reckless..

The only issue I have and I am aware of, is NAS access. As NAS (mine, at least, as I configured it) spins down drives after few min of idle, JRiver freezes for few minutes on first access.
I am used to this. I just need to give it some time. If I will press anywhere on the window at this at as it is frozen - it will crash. Probably can be fixed if JRiver will perform the access asynchronously, but..

If the storage is local, or NAS is never going to shut down drives, I believe it will be fine
Pages: [1]   Go Up