INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Images for Album Artist  (Read 409 times)

Marc9BR

• Recent member
Feature Request: Images for Album Artist
« on: September 09, 2021, 10:43:29 am »

Hello.

I've been using JRiver since 2015 and I love the product.

There's one minor issue that I've never been able to fully resolve.

I'd really like to see artist images when browsing views that are grouped by album artist, since this is the primary way I use to browse my collection of CDs and Music Videos. I mainly use JRemote to browse my collection and play files on my system.

I'm aware of the functionality that shows artist images based on the artist field, recovering the image that is in the artist subfolder of the cover art folder.

The problem with that aproach is that even when an album has a primary artist (not a compilation album) indicated in the Album Artist field, there are many cases when there are guest artists in the tracks and that sometimes causes JRemote to show the artist image representing the guest artist of a specific track for a whole group of albums by a main artist (the artist indicated in the Album Artist field).

So lets say, for example, that an album by Paul Mccartney has a track that is sung by Ringo Starr. That case migh result in 2 situations :

1 - The artist filed is filled with "Ringo Starr" in an album by Paul Mccartney ("Album Artist" field is filled with "Paul Mccartney") - In this case JRemote sometimes shows a picture of Ringo Starr in a group that only has Paul Mccartney albums

2 - The artist field is filled with "Paul Mccartney and Ringo Starr" in an album by Paul Mccartney (Album artist field is filled with "Paul Mccartney") - In this case JRemote will sometimes not show an artist picture (replacing it with random album covers), since it does not find an image in the cover art folder called "Paul Mccartney and Ringo Starr.png". Saving images for all artists combinations in all albums would be unpractical.

What would really solve this problem is a solution like having an "Album Artist" folder inside the cover art folder. And then JRiver and JRemote could retrieve the artist image based on the album artist field instead of using the artist field.

Would that be possible in any way ? It would really improve the browsing of a large collection of Music.

Thank you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up