INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Alexa control - House Band  (Read 2846 times)

Axedall

• Recent member
JRiver Alexa control - House Band
« on: September 11, 2021, 03:53:25 pm »

I was previously using the 3rd party app House Band to voice control JRiver through media server and Alexa echo. A couple of weeks ago the skill seems to have completely disappeared from the Alexa skill store. Does anyone know what happened with this? I haven't bene able to find any alternatives for Echo integration. Are there any other options that people are using? Any talk about integrating this feature in to JRiver?

jwilson56

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: JRiver Alexa control - House Band
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:30 pm »

I was getting ready to try Houseband.  I was disappointed to see it gone.

The developers of MC should join the rest of the world and support Alexa.

Also as someone who purchased the Android version very early I was disappointed to see if had not been updated in a long time.

I am working on setting up Amazon Music Ultra HD on a Firestick 4K which supports the HD content.  Works awesome with an Echo Dot and covers 99% of my APE based library.  I only wish it still had the option to upload my content that Amazon Music doesn't have.  But the Alexa integration is sweet. 

So please look at supporting Alexa.
Now Playing skin creator - NetRemote 2.0 / 6 Zone whole house audio delivering 1580 watts RMS total

Visit My Nowplaying Blog

JohnnySapphire

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 01:39:04 pm »

anyone have any updates on anything else we can use for Alexa with jriver now that houseband is gone?

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 05:40:13 am »

I never really got houseband to work satisfactorily, but I'd love there to be some integration with alexa

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 05:31:36 pm »

Any updates on this? I'm really surprised to see no action. Please give us something definitive. If it's not going to happen, please say so.

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 07:23:48 pm »

It doesn't seem like the original developer of houseband has any intention of making a new version available. It is really unfortunate to see that at least 2 new releases of jriver have come and gone with not even a nod toward this feature. There has honestly not been anything of substance added to the player over the past few releases and if the developers continue to focus their efforts on arguably trivial updates to DSP and streaming services, I'll be looking to move my business elsewhere.

Even though houseband wasn't perfect, the ability to start my play lists and do a few other small tasks without ever having to go near my server was game-changing. I would recommend people continue to apply more pressure to see if any momentum can be drummed up on this.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 07:28:26 pm »

Maybe start posting in the latest release thread where their attention is focused. I agree, there is enough talent at JR they could put this together in house.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 02:01:34 pm »

Alexa Support in MC30:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133776.0.html

You can use it now with MC 29.0.87 or higher if you have an MC30 license installed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up