INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC keeps re-importing the same files  (Read 753 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
MC keeps re-importing the same files
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:06:54 am »

MC keeps re-importing tracks over and over. Many of these files have been in my library for years. It makes finding the new tracks difficult.

On this 9/13 I added 1 file manually by pointing to the specific folder that it was in by itself at 5:40 pm. It imported fine then 2 hours later import ran again. From 7:40 to 7:46 MC imported the same files at least 100 times. The files were not the one that I manually imported. There is one Queen album that seems to get re-imported all the time. There may be more but that is the one I know for sure.

Thanks for any guidance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC keeps re-importing the same files
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:16:10 am »

Are the files on a NAS drive? 

Did you try power cycling everything?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:25:27 am »

I had this problem with CD rips that have CUE sheets.

I use EAC to rip CDs to multiple tracks. I have a habit of generating CUE files while i rip CD.

In my case EAC generated CUE sheets that pointed to .wav files ... even though EAC rip them to flac (in actuality EAC rips to wav then use external tool to convert them to flac).

Under certain circumstances ... MC keeps reimporting some of these files

For me ... i just modified CUE sheets to point at flac instead of wav ... and reimporting stopped

... not sure if your problem is same
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

rec head

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 10:12:28 am »

@JimH - Yes. All of my files are on a Synology NAS

@tij - I was using foobar2000 to rip CDs for a while but I didn't intentionally use CUE sheets. I ripped to FLAC. I just checked and there are no CUE sheets in the folder with the FLACs. All of the tracks that are in the foobar2000 folder are among those that keep getting re-imported but there are other tracks as well.

rec head

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 07:17:31 am »

Any recommendations?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:07:54 am »

Hmmm ... maybe attach log file ... might point to something
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

rec head

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 07:41:53 am »

I enabled logging and downloaded some new tracks (Hot Water Music) and the previous track that I imported (Billie Eilish) was also imported. The Eilish track is the one I imported on 9/16 that triggered the multiple imports. That was not the first time all those tracks were reimported.

Logging has been running for a couple days and the file is huge. Should I attach it or start a new log and import a new track?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 08:01:40 am »

Look at the "Filename" field of re-imported files.  Is there some subtle difference between the A and B versions?  We should only pull a new file if we see a new filename.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rec head

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 08:41:33 am »

I don't do anything to change the file names and I wasn't clear before: the files aren't actually getting reimported. I don't have multiple copies in my library. Import is simply re-importing them with a new date. The Billie Eilish track shows an import date of 9/20 when it was originally imported 9/16.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:12 am »

Could you mail a file that gets the date updated over and over to matt at jriver?  Maybe I'll be able to reproduce.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rec head

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 12:22:22 pm »

Matt - I'll email a file.

In the meantime the Date Imported pane isn't in chronological order anymore. I can't figure out how to change the sort order. of a pane. I don't know how it changed.

EDIT: I was wrong. It is that the last few imports aren't showing up. The last import date is showing 9/13 and in my previous pics you can see dates more recent than that.

rec head

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 02:33:17 pm »

Maybe this should get a new thread but the issues may be related.

Something else I've found is that I have a lot of missing tracks in my library. I don't know how to figure out what is missing. But I went to an artist today and many tracks were missing. Some entire albums sometimes just tracks off an album.

I have all my music on one drive but I'm worried about re-importing the whole drive and adding a bunch of nonsense that I have pruned from the library over the years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up