INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Integration with Alexa (or Google)  (Read 663 times)

Axedall

• Recent member
Feature request: Integration with Alexa (or Google)
« on: October 08, 2021, 12:51:00 am »

Like a number of other JRiver users I became accustomed to being able to voice control my media library using the 3rd party app House Band, which was surprisingly effective. Like probably all of these users I have bene pretty devastated by the disappearance of this app, which now leaves JRiver feeling very old and clunky.

There are other features that I would like to see added to JRiver, but this is the ONLY absolute must have that is a make or break for my experience using the program. I really can't believe that we have had to rely on a 3rd party app for something like this for so long.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature request: Integration with Alexa (or Google)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:50:50 am »

I've got very basic integration between MC and Alexa working.

Using a Logitech Harmony Hub, which integrates with Alexa, and which can issue keyboard commands to my computer, I can tell Alexa to:
- pause
- play
- increase volume
- decrease volume

Guernsey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Guernsey
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 04:00:15 am »

It would be brilliant if this could be implemented, but I imagine Google will make it very difficult if not impossible as they would prefer you to use their own premium service to play music, perhaps House Band came up against this problem
Windows 11 - i7 8750H
NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ RTX 2070
1st M.2 SSD Drive   128GB ADATA SU800 M.2 2280 (560 MB/R, 300 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive   120GB ADATA SU650 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 320MB/W)
Yamaha RX-V4A AV Receiver
JRiver 20 / 21 / 22  /23 / 24 / 25 /26 / 27 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 32

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 01:01:09 am »

I've got very basic integration between MC and Alexa working.

Using a Logitech Harmony Hub, which integrates with Alexa, and which can issue keyboard commands to my computer, I can tell Alexa to:
- pause
- play
- increase volume
- decrease volume

This is useful and I'll see if I can figure out how to get this going as I have Harmony Hub as well. The House Band app allowed for more complex commands, though, like starting a play list and having alexa tell you what song was playing among other things.

Can you give some more details of how you got harmony hub to issue keyboard commands?

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 01:02:20 am »

It would be brilliant if this could be implemented, but I imagine Google will make it very difficult if not impossible as they would prefer you to use their own premium service to play music, perhaps House Band came up against this problem

It definitely can be implemented because someone previously did by developing their own 3rd party app - House Band. Unfortunately it is no longer available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up