INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to configure playback device  (Read 440 times)

colinmb

Unable to configure playback device
« on: November 15, 2021, 12:00:30 pm »

Hoping someone can help.  On my Windows 10 PC, I’m trying to configure MC (28.0.28 64 bit)  to play on an audio device (a Naim Uniti Nova, which is an all-in-one DAC/amp/streamer – I’ll call it NUN ) which is on my home wfi network.  In Options/Audio, Audio Device is set to Default Audio Device (WASAPI) and NUN is not listed in the alternatives.  (I have also tried it with Audio Device set to JRiver Media Center.)  In Options/Audio/Zone to Configure, NUN appears in the dropdown box beneath Player, as an apparent option, but when you try and select it, it says ‘Configure audio using Options/Media Network/Add or configure DLNA servers’, and if you click OK, it does not save the change to NUN.  If you go to ‘Add of configure DLNA servers’,  there is one entry in the list: ‘Generic DLNA’, with some default settings.  None of these settings looks very relevant to me anyway.  In Media Network, ‘Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA’ is checked.  Authentication is not checked.   In Options/General/Features, WDM Driver is checked.   By the way, NUN recognises my MC as an Input device and allows me to select it and navigate to a chosen music track and play it.  But I want to control the playback from MC.  As things stand, MC plays to the speakers wired to the PC.
**update** I just tried something else - still doesn't work, but I have an error message when trying to play from 'Playing Now' - "there was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings".   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Unable to configure playback device
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 02:29:18 pm »

Naim should have instructions.  How is it connected to your PC?

colinmb

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 11:15:54 am »

The Naim device is on the same wifi network as the laptop.  Naim instructions are all geared around controlling the device from the Naim Android app.  The Naim app is quite happy pulling files across the network from MC  - you can see the MC logo in the Servers options of the Naim app - if you click the MC logo, you get MC options to search by Artist, Album etc, and you can navigate to, and play a track. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 12:22:16 pm »

Have you read the wiki topics on Media Network and DLNA? 

colinmb

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 02:56:29 pm »

I've not seen anything particularly helpful on wiki - is there something specific you think I need to see?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 03:06:40 pm »

You need to know what DLNA is and know if your device supports it (or UPnP). 

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 06:38:35 pm »

The NUN supports UPnP, but I do not find any reference to DLNA support. I believe it also has Chromecast support.  If MC does not control the UPnP device, then it might be necessary to use BubbleUPnP. But, trying to configure DLNA first probably makes the most sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up